Thread: Rough Guide to: Connecting Kill Switches & Lights

Default Rough Guide to: Connecting Kill Switches & Lights

Hopefully these will help illuminate what has often been a confusing subject.
    Of course numerous connections and switching options are possible - 5 examples are illustrated below for reference;

Use of a Y splitter cable to connect controllable lights and a 3 channel kill switch.

Use of a Y splitter cable to connect switched lights fed from from rx battery pack

Use of a Y splitter cable to connect a 2 channel kill switch & servo, with the aux channel (3) used for lights or other secondary device.

Use of a Y splitter cable to connect a 2 channel kill switch & servo, with switched lights fed from a secondary Y splitter from rx pack

Use of a 4-way Y splitter cable to connect several devices off the battery/4th channel. Lights are controllable via the controller unit. Kill switch / servos each have dedicated channels.

Thanks to Kent for all the work and effort that has gone into producing / developing the 2 and 3 channel kill switches, and the supporting videos.

More info can be gotten from Rough Guide to Kill Switches and of course the Killer RC website.

Good info Storm, sticky'd

Cheers mate - thanks

Awsome these are mint!

Default Dx4s sr410 receiver killer rc light controller

Hi guys I need emergency help , it was on my dx3s with 3 channel receiver but I upgraded and can't do the same thing ,,,
    Problem is I can't get the light controller to work on the dx4s sr410 receiver , has anyone got this up and running on their dx4s with sr410 receiver either pm or reply this is an emergency I can't get anyway around it have tried nearly everything , I want the setup I had before but some how when the aux port that comes out of the light controller doesn't seem to power up the receiver as it did on the 3300 receiver on the dx3s please help

Default Querey

Do i need the light controller to be able to switch the lights on and off from my transmitter when on my 4th channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Baister1 View Post
    Do i need the light controller to be able to switch the lights on and off from my transmitter when on my 4th channel?
    Yep pretty much.

So Am I not able to just flick the switch on the TX to turn them on and off?