Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UberRC HD Ball Drive System - Install & Review.

Yep deff the PCSC keeping yours in good knick, it's what it was designed for and shows if that's the route you want is sure will save you a lot of money.
    Just at the time I went steel due to going 2 speed, and even now single speed its so easy to swop out gear ratios. OH and it's a lot lot lighter and if I dint go steel I wouldn't have the set up I now have 96g for an alloy carrier and steel spur is buy far the lightest on any Baja.
    Going to keep a closer eye on the new cup and use only the grease I got from work, then when uber sends a new cup for the other side use team fast eddies sticky red. Be interesting to see if any wear takes place differently, and will clearly update has I see fit.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Germany and when I get to go home SW Wales

Thanks for the read guys (yeah I know it's an old thread) but my uber hd ball drives are in the post as we speak 😀 and I'm glad I got them after reading this

Default UberRC HD Ball Drive System - Install & Review.

Finally made it..... Hopefully im not working the weekend and can get the toolbox out 😝

Quote Originally Posted by sealybomb View Post

Finally made it..... Hopefully im not working the weekend and can get the toolbox out 
    Great bit of kit ... just rebooted mine earlier.

Good you found the thread helpful.
    Last edited by Rev; 26-05-2015 at 23:54.

Quote Originally Posted by sealybomb View Post

Finally made it..... Hopefully im not working the weekend and can get the toolbox out 
    http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/showthre...l=1#post360748

Sealybomb if you have V4 drives you may want to have a read through my thread above regarding problems I had during greasing them up prior to installation, especially regarding Mark from Uber's email to me. Not wishing to hijack Revs thread here, but it may be of some help. I would be interested to hear if your balls go in tight or freely...edit :- ball bearings into the dog bones that is lol
    Last edited by coalminer; 27-05-2015 at 08:27.

You may also want to run the rings, a resent claim my bro made only just got a replacement cup sent. Apparently anything above a stock engine does not warrant these, says nothing the last time I looked on the ball drive add, but look at the ring add and is advised to run them.
    Just a heads up if you run more power than stock, never broke a cup or shaft myself in over 2 years though.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

I have some of the rings but still got to fit them, theyre not that expensive and can only help make the cups stronger

Thanks for all your tips guys 😊 So far I have only fitted the cups to the diff (forgot how fiddly that was!!) and haven't yet tried to see how tight me balls are! Haha will keep an update here. Hmm you guys mentioned the dog bone guard covers and I seen someone had them fitted in a pic on the Facebook BHBF page.... Thought they would be a great idea!!! Have been looking round and have no idea where u get them from.
    And just a thought I was having is the reason I joined this forum is cos it's clear there is so much experience here and I really am great full to be able to access this kinda thing!! Oh and about the rings? I'm currently on stock 26cc but will be looking to upgrade to a 30.5 sometime in the future 😝

Give Dean a shout (Baja5b-SS) a shout for the bone guards mate, they really do help keep grass off the boots and bones

Will do cheers 😋