Thread: DarkSoul Racing Produt Directory

Advertiser

Default DarkSoul Racing Produt Directory

I have been meaning to do a master list of all of our products for some time now, but just seem to always get distracted, so I finally sat down to do one up. This is going to be pretty short and to the point, so if you would like more detailed information, please visit the DarkSoul Website -

Or of course feel free to either post up your questions, or email me, and I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner.

Axle Extenders

The DarkSoul Axle Extenders add an additional 1/2 inch of width per side (1" total width) to make your Baja 5B / 5T extremely stable in all conditions. The Extender's come with a set of flanged wheel nuts for better bite on the wheels, as well as adding a bit more stability to the wheels.

Street Price -

Full set - $63.00
    Front only - $35.00
    Rear Only - $35.00

V.2 Dogbones

Our V.2 dogbones are a direct replacement for the stock HPI dogbones, considerably stronger than stock using easily replaceable pins (via set screw), and 3mm longer than stock to prevent "thrown bones". Made of heat treated 4130 chromoly steel and heat treated to give them massive strength. These bones come with a life time warranty (cross pins are considered a wear item, and are therefore NOT covered by warranty).

Street Price -

V.2 bones - $49.00
    V.2 replacement pins - $13.00

V.3 Dogbones

DarkSoul Racing's innovative V.3 Dogbones give you a massive increase in strength of cross pins, but allow you to continue to use the stock drive cups. The innovation is the unique cross pin design utilizing a 6mm pin with 4mm "flats" all built into a rotating pin design that is held captive by the drive cups themselves. By having larger flats pushing against the drive cup, you no longer have a sort of "knife edge" effect from round pins which causes considerably quicker wear and tear on the drive cups. Also constructed from 4130 chromoly and heat treated for strength, also carry a lifetime warranty on the bones. (cross pins are considered a wear item, and are therefore NOT covered by warranty)

Extensively tested in all conditions, and taken to the limit at last years Dunetoberfest, installed in 6 , 62cc powered Baja's including the SKOPOD nitro-methane burning monster with zero failures.

Street Price-

V.3 Bones - $73.00
    V.3 Replacement pins - $17.00

TOOBZ Drive Cup Reinforcement

DarkSoul TOOBZ were designed to be a strong but cost effective drive cup upgrade to your stock HPI drive cups. By encapsulating the drive cup in a tube, the strength is increased exponentially, creating a near bulletproof drive cup solution. The outside surface is knurled to provide a grip area for drive boots, and as a great side effect, helps keep the grease contained, and therefore, better lubrication for the dogbones. 100% compatible with DarkSoul dogbones, but will require very minor modification to other aftermarket dogbone pins, visit darksoulracing.com for more pecific information. Avaiulable for both the Baja 5B/T and the 5SC.

Street Price-

TOOBZ for 5B/T - $32.00 w/ installation tool
    TOOBZ for 5SC - $40.00 w/ installation tool
    TOOBZ for 5B/T sleeves only - $20.00
    TOOBZ installation tool only - $13.00

Shock Shafts w/ Billet Rod Ends

DarkSoul Shock Shafts are made from 17-4 stainless steel, precision ground and heat treated for strength. Designed to replace the HPI 6mm shafts, these offer the advantages of a superior grade of shaft material as well as a rebuildable 6061 aluminum rod end, currently the only available aluminum rod end on the market. DarkSoul shock shaft kits also include new o-ring seals for the bottom seal cartridge, also available separately. The aluminum rod ends use a urethane bushing with aluminum spacer guides for long life. Rod ends available in silver or black anodized finish.

Street Price -

Shock shafts w/ rod ends (pair) - $59.00
    Rod Ends only (pair) - $29.00
    Rod End rebuild kit - $10.00
    O-ring replacement seals - $8.00

DarkSoul Billet Servo Saver

The DS Billet Servo Saver replaces the notoriously weak plastic servo saver that comes standard on all Baja platform models. As well as being constructed from 6061 aluminum for a massive increase in strength, the taller steering linkage mounting location also corrects the extreme linkage angle and therefore will give you an easier to set up steering system, and reduce the required work the steering servo needs to exert to steer the Baja.

Street Price-

Billet Servo Saver - $17.00

Advertiser

Enclosed Wheel Nuts

The DarkSoul Enclosed Wheel Nuts offer a bit of bling as well as a bit of protection for the axle threads. Constructed from 6061 aluminum, these wheel nuts also offer a much larger flanged area for better grip on the wheels, and being enclosed, keeps sand, mud and other debris from filling up the axle centers.

Street Price-

Enclosed Wheel Nuts, black or silver - $33.00

DarkSoul Spring Perches / Shock Collars

The DarkSoul billet aluminum shock collars and spring mounts are constructed from 6061 aluminum and available in either silver or black anodize. The Spring Perches are a slightly lower profile for maximum spring tune-ability, as well as adding strength over the stock plastic units. The DS Spring collars offer a deeper gripping area for easier spring tensioning, as well as a larger tighter fitting internal o-ring to reduce the chances of the spring collars backing out of position.

Street Price-

Spring Perch, pair (silver or black) - $13.00
    Spring Collar, pair (silver or black) - $13.00

DarkSoul Lightened Racing Flywheel

The DarkSoul Lightened Flywheel starts with a CY flywheel, and has undergone massive weight reduction to reduce spinning mass and wind resistance to deliver more bottom end torque and more top end RPM. All of the fins have been cut down by approximately 1/3, and lightening holes added between the fins brings the total weight down to 181 grams, a reduction of approximately 30 grams (1 ounce). When thought of in terms of rotating mass, this is a significant reduction in weight.

The DarkSoul Flywheels are done in batches of 250 units, and will at times be out of stock for extended periods of time depending on availability from the factory. These flywheels are very delicate and should not be used for hard bashing, they are intended for racing application, and carry no warranty of any kind.

Street Price-

DS Lightened Flywheel - $75.00

DarkSoul Lightweight Steel Gears

The DS Steel gears are built to last, likely be the last gear you buy for your Baja. Made from heat treated and case hardened alloy steel, these gears are meticulously machined out to create as light a steel gear as possible. Weighing in at approximately 150-160 grams (dependent on size) this is a very small increase over the the stock gear with drive plate at 100 grams considering the DS gear is steel, and massively lighter compared to other brands of steel gears that weigh as much as 350 grams.

Available in a variety of sizes from stock 74t to outrageous 28-46 gear combo for monster horsepower applications.

Street Price-

Spur Gear - $75.00
    Spur and Pinion combo - $95.00

As always we have lots of parts in the works, and I will add to this list as the products are added. DarkSoul is working on lots of new items on several large scale platforms, so keep an eye out for more new products.

All DarkSoul Products are manufactured in San Jose, California, USA, utilizing the best CNC technology available from Mazak, HAAS and Fadal. We design all parts in house utilizing either SolidWorks or Siemens NX.

To purchase, visit our many fine retailers such as -

• Daves Discount Motors
    • TGN Distribution
    • Tower Hobby
    • MMR Largescale
    • LargeScale RC
    • Baja Modifiers
    • Tulare Hobby
    • 5th Scale Canada
    And many many more throughout the world.

I'm loving my Toobz and V2 bones, no signs of wear on the cups or any broken pins on the bones

Toobz are the best invention of the century IMO, a cheaper alternative to beefing up the cups without forking out on expensive aftermarket cups

Got the rear shock shafts and alloy ends, toobs, servo saver. All have been great to me! I had the v2 bones but surprisingly I twisted them. They were still usuable though until I hit a massive jump and bent the end lol. Can't give enough praise for your toobz though, as Topper said, they are awesome and really anyone running stock cups should have them on as it will prolong the life of your cups many times over

always been a big fan of Darksoul through the years, some very sexy parts and I think my very first hopup that I purchased was Darksoul extenders and wheel nuts.

I been running DS wheel extenders for an age now, i seem to go around corners better than those running with standard hexs..my next purchase will be the DS billet servo saver..

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by Hiks View Post
    always been a big fan of Darksoul through the years, some very sexy parts and I think my very first hopup that I purchased was Darksoul extenders and wheel nuts.

Think i saw V1 DS extenders on your rig at Chill n Grill this past weekend?

Yeh on that build its the same Darksoul ones but tapped out for a pin and dogbone boot, probably 4 years old now.

Run a few of your bits all very good.

Keep it up.

Formerly Silverback RC flake99please's Avatar

Where are the mini waves then Ted? Those IMHO are the nicest looking beadlocks available.

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback RC Products View Post
    Where are the mini waves then Ted? Those IMHO are the nicest looking beadlocks available.
    Man... the alloy beadlocks just fell off the face of the planet in regards to sales, so we stopped making them, I personally love them for bashing and sand, but it seems most people prefer ... well yours .

By the way Neil, I still have a box of stuff here of yours, you ever want that shipped off to you, say the word.

Ted we all know that baja was photoshopped, no need to cover up for him

Advertiser

Next Batch -

Modular Front Shock Tower

The DarkSoul modular front shock tower is designed to fit any and all Baja application. Stripped down to it’s “basic” form, it is a super lightweight shock tower, great for on road use, where the tower is less prone to damage. Add on the skid plates, and you get an extra level of protection off road or on, and for the bashers, add the shock tower brace for massive strength. Made in the USA from 6061 T6 aluminum, and are machined with an extremely high level of precision, with amazing detail and finish work.

Street Price-

Shock Tower - $60.00
    Skid Caps - $18.00
    Tower Brace - TBA, $15ish

Very nice i wonder if will fit the irc shocks

Back To The Large Scale cybermenace's Avatar

Very tidy looks mean and different nice job .

Does the team chase cage fit ok with the complete shock tower brace and skid bits ?
    Bil.

Looks cool I like it, reminds me of the shoulder pad things in Judge Dredd

The machining of them is exceptionally good as is everything you seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I'm loving my V2 bones, no signs of wear on the cups or any broken pins on the bones :
    ive ran mine for about 1hour and broke 2 pins 1st pins broke within 30mins of using the car for the first time ans the second one broke after a few laps at a track.