Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convert your 5B to a 5T *Complete Parts List With Links*

Surely we could get away with the likes of the tyres/beadlocks/screws etc and use the ones on the baja. Maybe just change the front ones. its only the body bits that need changing the most?

Yeah it's just the main chassis/plastic bits that's needed. Everything else can be aftermarket etc. Most of us use Hostile tyres, Silverback wheels and beadlocks.

Yea, so that would make it a lot cheaper

Thanks for this mate :-)

I'm Currently converting my 5b to a SC & yes the parts soon add up! Luckily I saved on the shell & got that in a sale new as it retails over £170!

Default Convert your 5B to a 5T *Complete Parts List With Links*

Some SC shells on eBay for £70 I bought another when it was on sale for £50, genuine HPI.
    Also don't buy cheap Clone plastics if and when converting, because the little saved in doing so will soon cost more replacing these said plastics time and time again. My bro thinks it saved him money but just on the front bumper it's cost home more than HPI, we converted to SC from B around the same time and nothing in mine broke, and have not broke any conversion parts to this day.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Chaps, can anyone confirm just the parts needed to run a Team Chase cage from the list?
    Obviously not wheels/tyres/beadlocks, shell/pinion, those are the bits I know aren't needed, what else isn't actually needed to fully secure the cage?

You need Body Mount Set FR/RR # 85417, Body Mount Set Side # 85419. The rest is optional/for looks..
    /Johan

Been thinking about this a bit and i have not even finished building my buggy yet but how about using King Motor body plastics? They are a 3rd of the price and its not as if there would be any strain on these parts anyway?

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nescafe37 View Post
    Been thinking about this a bit and i have not even finished building my buggy yet but how about using King Motor body plastics? They are a 3rd of the price and its not as if there would be any strain on these parts anyway?
    hpi plastics are a lot stronger than king motor plastics mate,
    they flex more without snapping,
    going cheap may save money at first but when you crash, and you will crash/roll the cheap stuff will snap easier

Hey need some help I just recently bought HPI Baja Flux and one of my lipos keeps on swelling up and my 3s lipo that I use in my Yeti XL I put in the baja and it's blown it them can anyone help me