Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Baja 5SR build ( Roofchopper Chassis nr.36 STD WB ) (Pic heavy)

Default My Baja 5SR build ( Roofchopper Chassis nr.36 STD WB ) (Pic heavy)

Hi, as a few of you may already know from the facebook group HPIBajaRCOwners , i bought myself a Roofchopper chassis. I'll try to make an updated project log here on this forum, ideas are always welcome! Enjoy :

This is the current baja i will be using for this project:

It's got an ESP 30.5cc Fullmod wich i will use for a 2nd Hand Baja i will get by the end of the year.

This Chassis Uses a different fueltank (FG Marder) wich i purchased and dyed Black (in 48 hours):

So last week the chassis arrived:

And on my last meeting with my baja friends from a Belgian Bigscale group on Facebook i won an engine with some kind of lotterygame the previous owner Anixie set up, wich i will be using for this rail offcource (OBR Prostock 30.5cc with a Darksoul Billet Crankcase)

So got some free time and started looking arround for paint and made some paper schablones for making plexi and aluminium parts for covering the triangles in the frame. Also got a carbon panel ordered for cutting out some more triangles:

Thats it for now
    Last edited by Optic; 21-04-2012 at 14:12.

Looking good pal the chassis looks great and nice dye job on that tank looks brilliant mate

its defo gunna be different

Love my Rail enjoy the build will be watching the frame is a work of art have fun

Look forward to seeing the panels fitted, Cookie's really finished off his build

Good sand rail chassis, and on winning the engine. Subscribed
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!!!

Looks like this will be a mint build !!!

Watching as well ! Few more weeks on mine ! Getting so excited looking at yours!

Best of luck
    If you realized that there is no such thing as free will you would make different choices

Very nice sandrail, will be following, any colour scheme in mind?

cannot beat the roofchopper sandrails i like mine but i went for no windows or panels

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic@OBR-UK View Post
    cannot beat the roofchopper sandrails i like mine but i went for no windows or panels
    I wanted TI panels but haven't found the right bit of sheet yet
    If you realized that there is no such thing as free will you would make different choices

I'm looking around for some spraypaint atm. I'll probably go for fluoricent orange :-) . Also making some plans for modifying a TR front shockbrace. I'd like to use panels, as they keep some dirt out and don't hide the chassis. I want to make this more like a very nice rail for driving on the beach and later buy a 2nd baja for the harder bashing and jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic View Post
    I'm looking around for some spraypaint atm. I'll probably go for fluoricent orange :-) . Also making some plans for modifying a TR front shockbrace. I'd like to use panels, as they keep some dirt out and don't hide the chassis. I want to make this more like a very nice rail for driving on the beach and later buy a 2nd baja for the harder bashing and jumping.
    personally I would powdercoat the rail , powder coat will hold much better than spray paint , and you can also get a bright orange on it with no problems , dunno if anyone will agree with me but powdercoat when applied acts like a really thin layer of plastic that simply gives it more protection , good start on a project though
    Baja Breaker :D

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    personally I would powdercoat the rail , powder coat will hold much better than spray paint , and you can also get a bright orange on it with no problems , dunno if anyone will agree with me but powdercoat when applied acts like a really thin layer of plastic that simply gives it more protection , good start on a project though
    Yeah i agree, but anyhow with spray paint or powdercoating, eventually paint will chip off by rocks flying by or stuff hitting. And if that happens i can fix it right away with the same color, that won't be possible with powdercoating. There will always be a difference in color.

looking so nice

Back To The Large Scale cybermenace's Avatar

Keep the images coming , I love these builds it just makes me want one more and more

good looking, whould u tell me where buy the chassis?many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CHENSIYEYE View Post
    good looking, whould u tell me where buy the chassis?many thanks.
    speak to roofchopper on here he is a member...

Quote Originally Posted by Optic View Post
    Yeah i agree, but anyhow with spray paint or powdercoating, eventually paint will chip off by rocks flying by or stuff hitting. And if that happens i can fix it right away with the same color, that won't be possible with powdercoating. There will always be a difference in color.
    That's a fair shout! I was going to have a powder coat undercoat, and then spray the top coat with normal paint!

I'm lucky in the fact that we have some special corrosion proof stuff at work that they use on landing gear so it's good and tough! And I can repair that if need be!

I've also ordered a tr front brace to mod for the front! :-) loved that idea and it looks good! Show us how ya get on with it?

I saved the chassis cage pics to my phone so I can drool over them until mine turns up

Looking forward to your build buddy excited for you !