Thread: sand works southport?

Default sand works southport?

Hi just wondering if anyone's had a bash at the sand works on the coast road? The guy at rc pitstop in burscough has sbugested it, reckons it to be worth a try.
    Also has anyone got a tag on a map as to where the "bowl" on formby beach is? Thanks

Where about's is that mate? Is it at the far end of the coast road, away from where pleasure land used to be?

Ye say your at the mini roundabout underneath promenade the old fairground is on your left, if you turn right its down that road on the left, apparently its closed down and gates are left open. worth a venture up one day this weekend I reckon

Might have a look myself.

I think this is the place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like it's worth investigating, more reason to get some sand paddles

I went and had a look ny Baja wasnt running at the time my mates mcd was he liked it but i thought there was too many random things poking out the ground could make a mess of a nice Baja if hit at speed, was only there for 20 mins or so and stayed in one spot as there was some local scallys there on what looked like a robbed ped..Will go and look closer prob this weekend.

yas wanna go to formby ya no there is loads of space where we go +jumps and hill climbs and ya can go on the front and have high speed runs

Quote Originally Posted by Stoka View Post
    Looks like it's worth investigating, more reason to get some sand paddles
    Get them paddles mate you won't be disappointed when you come to the formby dunes, Matty can get you the directions to the dunes and I'll get you directions to the bowl later tonight...hoping to get there again next Sunday once I sort my clutch out.

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Hey guys... I'm very interested in where about the formby dunes are??. Me and a mate went there Sunday just gone and we had a little look round and went back to the car to take his 5sc out, when a woman in a Sefton county council jacket pulled up and asked us where taking the 5sc, to which she said we can't use it on the dunes as they are protected!! And would require the land owners permission and we wouldn't get it!!.

I'm more interested in where the bowl is. If anyone can direct from Formby point dunes, please help thanks
    Don't mess with my Bajahahaha

Look for Albert rd on the maps, you'll see a sandy part south of the road, 5 min work from where we park the cars..

Thanks Jackobyte, I'll check it out
    Don't mess with my Bajahahaha

Don't want to sound funny guys but I take it your not answering me for a reason??....

????? mybe pm matty

Thanks mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfire View Post
    Don't want to sound funny guys but I take it your not answering me for a reason??....
    Matty's the 1 you want to PM with the Dunes, only been there once and followed another member, lots of threads on here with directions etc...we got stopped when near the dunes too but we said we were going on the beach and not in the dunes so we got the ok...

The Bowl is South of Albert Road in Formby, look at Google maps and it'll give you some idea..

Quote Originally Posted by jackobyte View Post
    Matty's the 1 you want to PM with the Dunes, only been there once and followed another member, lots of threads on here with directions etc...we got stopped when near the dunes too but we said we were going on the beach and not in the dunes so we got the ok...

The Bowl is South of Albert Road in Formby, look at Google maps and it'll give you some idea..
    Thanks guys, didn't want to annoy anyone but I'm really interested in the location because me and a mate would love to go up there... And just to let you guys know we said we would just goto the beach and she warned us away from there too

I'm just waiting for my new baja to arrive and will hopefully be taking it out before the year is out.

Thanks for your help
    Daz