Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Hemistorm's HemiBoots***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Advertiser

Thumbs up ***Hemistorm's HemiBoots***

After lots of testing, fine tuning, redesigning and moulding I am very proud to announce my first HPI Baja upgrade, Hemistorm's HemiBoots.

We all have the same issues with the standard axle boots. Due to the surfaces we run our Baja's on they get punctured of even ripped, causing fine dust and sand to enter the joints. This is the main reason for dogbone and drivecup failure, both of them being parts that are pricey and time consuming to replace. The biggest reason for the standard boots wearing out and failing is the stress caused by the rotation, grinding sand, shells and tiny rocks through the material.

Another rather big problem is running in tall grass, spooling up around the axles. Every grass runner will be familiar with the extra friction this causes and the tediousness of cleaning your axles after your runs.

Hemistorm's HemiBoots take care of all of these problems. These are the first NON rotating axleboots to hit the Baja market. They replace the stock axleboots, and provide all the protection you ever wanted for your drivetrain set up. Since they do not rotate, they will not be dealing with the same wear as the standard boots. Drivecups, driveshafts and differential bearings are all very well protected and therefor have a much longer lifespan. The HemiBoots are tough enough to handle any type of surface you run them on.

Installation is simple and done in a matter of minutes, clear installation instructions are provided on the back of the package. HemiBoots consist of three parts on each side of the transmission box. A hard plastic connector, which clicks on the side of the transmission, a hard plastic ring that is to be glued in the hubcarrier, and a boot made from a heavy duty rubbercomponent, that seals around both ends, making sure no unwanted stuff will get in your drivecups ever again. NOTE: Running Hemiboots combined with the HPI 5T or RTR V2 arms causes clearance issues due to the shock touching the rubber. Drivecups reinforced with a ring will not fit the HemiBoots.

These are carefully and limited produced parts that are thoroughly tested and designed. Available at TGN, DDM, MMR Largescale and many other webshops.

http://www.teamgonads.com/3600.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.6630/.f

http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/shop/...orm_hemiboots/

Video review (Video made by MelSelcta101)

Last edited by Hemistorm; 27-10-2009 at 13:04.

Well they will keep the crap out lol

They look pretty, will be adding them to my wish list for christmas...

As much as I really love these, I just couldn't part with that much money. I am certain that 3 sets of HD dogbones would outlast these and I would get chage out of 64.00 if I bought 3 sets.
    And before anyone thinks I am putting them down...That's not the case. I have followed the pages upon pages of build up to this product on the US forum and it is quite clear just how much time and effort, not to mention money has gone into these.......
    On a plus side, this is a very expensive hobby and so there are plenty of people that will be able to afford them without breaking the bank....
    Meanwhile, I'm gonna sit tight, hope Hemi sells thousands and thousands of them, -re coups his layout and makes a very healthy profit........and then......hopefully..........they may just come down a little in price.........and I will be first in the queue.
    Good luck Hemi, a fantastic bit of kit although I'm sure your not gonna need any luck in doing well on these........
    Finally, -have you got any other secret projects on the burner?

Quote Originally Posted by handyjayes View Post
    As much as I really love these, I just couldn't part with that much money. I am certain that 3 sets of HD dogbones would outlast these and I would get chage out of 64.00 if I bought 3 sets.
    And before anyone thinks I am putting them down...That's not the case. I have followed the pages upon pages of build up to this product on the US forum and it is quite clear just how much time and effort, not to mention money has gone into these.......
    On a plus side, this is a very expensive hobby and so there are plenty of people that will be able to afford them without breaking the bank....
    Meanwhile, I'm gonna sit tight, hope Hemi sells thousands and thousands of them, -re coups his layout and makes a very healthy profit........and then......hopefully..........they may just come down a little in price.........and I will be first in the queue.
    Good luck Hemi, a fantastic bit of kit although I'm sure your not gonna need any luck in doing well on these........
    Finally, -have you got any other secret projects on the burner?

I have seen these first hand infact own a set and I can tell you they will outlast multitudes of HPI bone and boots this is a fact!
    I see this product as an as worthy investment as TR clutch system and kill switch!

Banned

Gareth stop ending your every sentence with '!'

Those are nice boots you got there hemi, can I borrow them, I will give back
    if I only had 60 I would get my self a set of there

!!!!!!!!What are you on about Bartek!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by miniripper; 23-10-2009 at 00:50. Reason: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gareth, can you confirm that a test has been done to see how many sets of dog bones gotten worn out during a lifespan of the boot? Has the boot even been worn out in it's short lifetime....?

Do you think products just get thrown out there and manufactures hope for the best.
    I know there has been extensive testing carried out on them. I have known about these boots six months before they even hit the shelfs.

One thing I can tell you is that I know how long a set of HPI dog bones and boots last and the test set I know of have are still going after I would think many more than 3 sets of HPI bones would have been used.

Besides this product replaces the boots not the dog bones we all know the stock drive shafts are a little on the weak side nothing to confirm there is there.

Are you asking me if I think products just get thrown out there? Did you read what I wrote........I have been singing the products praises and have been following all the info as it became available in the states for what seems like months in anticipation....now just because you stock them, does not mean your word is all out correct........I am only passing my opinion (think I am still allowed to do so in GB), that I find it difficult to imagine any type of rubber boot, out lasting 3 sets of heavy duty dogs bones. Doesn't make me right, but equally, it doesn't make me wrong..............(Well not yet anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by miniripper@mmr View Post
    Do you think products just get thrown out there and manufactures hope for the best.
    I know there has been extensive testing carried out on them. I have known about these boots six months before they even hit the shelfs.

One thing I can tell you is that I know how long a set of HPI dog bones and boots last and the test set I know of have are still going after I would think many more than 3 sets of HPI bones would have been used.

Besides this product replaces the boots not the dog bones we all know the stock drive shafts are a little on the weak side nothing to confirm there is there.
    www.abbotsrc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by handyjayes View Post
    Are you asking me if I think products just get thrown out there? Did you read what I wrote........I have been singing the products praises and have been following all the info as it became available in the states for what seems like months in anticipation....now just because you stock them, does not mean your word is all out correct........I am only passing my opinion (think I am still allowed to do so in GB), that I find it difficult to imagine any type of rubber boot, out lasting 3 sets of heavy duty dogs bones. Doesn't make me right, but equally, it doesn't make me wrong..............(Well not yet anyway).
    Yes indeed I did read what you said in your first post and frankly I thougt it nothing other than patronising! But hay ho maybe I read to much into it. Hence my reaction.

The fact we sell them has nothing to do with it we sell other brands of dog bone boots also. Anyway I was defending the product and my own investment in them not anything to do with selling them.

I just dont see the relevence of 3 sets of dog bones. The main feature is that they dont rotate. This has so many +'s. Running in grass being one no more 10mins of cutting grass off my bones for every 20min run time. I would gladly pay double for them on this feature alone as that is one of my pet hates of the baja.

Nothing wrong with a good bit of banter. Jason you can say whatever you like mate no skin off my nose. Last time I checked the BNP arnt running the country yet so I think we are still democratic.
    Last edited by miniripper; 23-10-2009 at 01:46.

Gareth, -indeed you did read a little too much into it......I actually want the boots, but can't bring myself to fork out the 64 on a pair of rubber boots, as I would feel more peace of mind dishing out 60 on 3 prs of hd dogbones - which it where the relevance lies - in the cost of either -'1 set of boots' or '3 sets of bones'.
    That said, you have just pointed out another exellent feature which I had not even considered (and I was fully aware that the boot does not rotate) and that is the illimination of all that knotted grass around the axle......now that hadn't occured to me and that is a real pain in the jacksie, so another plus to the boots......

Quote Originally Posted by miniripper@mmr View Post
    Yes indeed I did read what you said in your first post and frankly I thougt it nothing other than patronising! But hay ho maybe I read to much into it. Hence my reaction.

The fact we sell them has nothing to do with it we sell other brands of dog bone boots also. Anyway I was defending the product and my own investment in them not anything to do with selling them.

I just dont see the relevence of 3 sets of dog bones. The main feature is that they dont rotate. This has so many +'s. Running in grass being one no more 10mins of cutting grass off my bones for every 20min run time. I would gladly pay double for them on this feature alone as that is one of my pet hates of the baja.

Nothing wrong with a good bit of banter. Jason you can say whatever you like mate no skin off my nose. Last time I checked the BNP arnt running the country yet so I think we are still democratic.
    www.abbotsrc.co.uk

Banned

I doubt that any boot can outlast 3 sets of HPI Dogbones, even the RTR one's.
    I had my stock 5b dogbones for over 15 tanks on my RTR and they were doing just fine but boots worn out after 2 tanks...

I would have to test them by my self to believe that hemi boots can outlast 3 sets of HPI dogbones because that would be many many hours of use.

Quote Originally Posted by TopSecret View Post
    I doubt that any boot can outlast 3 sets of HPI Dogbones, even the RTR one's.
    I had my stock 5b dogbones for over 15 tanks on my RTR and they were doing just fine but boots worn out after 2 tanks...

I would have to test them by my self to believe that hemi boots can outlast 3 sets of HPI dogbones because that would be many many hours of use.
    They dont rotate Bartek thier is nothing to wear.

Banned

but I still think that they are great product, simple but effective.

Banned

yeh but it's still hard to believe, rocks, branches etc can still get there.
    They run on bearings right? what is bearing seizes?

and why would you brake 3 dogbones in a first place?

Quote Originally Posted by TopSecret View Post
    yeh but it's still hard to believe, rocks, branches etc can still get there.
    They run on bearings right? what is bearing seizes?

and why would you brake 3 dogbones in a first place?
    They dont run on anything they are completly staionary at all times other than required suspension articulation.

They are a good 3mm thick rubber what screws the stock boots and the aftermarket ones up is the fact they rotate thats what wears them.

Hemi as I've said elsewhere great work, they look real good. Its brilliant how the baja has owners that are always looking to improve things.

I look forward to trying them out ASAP, at least then I can say for sure what I think of them rather than using guess work.

Great stuff though man really looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

i've got a set ordered should be here today, can't wait to fit um..........

hi hemi i got a set of these on the way
    do you have to glue the ring to the hub or not

great product buddy