Thread: Kyosho arc

Default Kyosho arc

Hi,
    first post so be gentle if ive messed up.
    good to see im not the only one with a kyosho arc.... was starting to think i was a member of a society of 1.
    bought mine a while ago and ive started replacing parts that look shabby.... long way to go though. it has an 5mm aluminium shell thats home made.... not by me i might add and loads of parts missing, but it runs exceptionally well and i love it.
    will post some pics shortly
    nick

well, here it is.....

dont laugh at it.... its a work in progress.
    i have loads to do on it but it wont be kept on no shelf..... its there to be thrashed and thrashed it will be, oh yes!

Baja-Forum Maniac

Why should we laugh ?
    I think it is a good looking car, bit like a FG Marder

Even the body ain't that bad. Most important, you like it and drive it. I know there are a couple of members here with a similar car, and they'll probably chime in later with where to find parts..

cheers,
    ive only managed to find 2 places to get parts. both are on ebay , 1 in here in uk and the other is in germany.
    hope to god there are other part sources that I dont know about.
    I was informed that marder wheels will fit as the fg wheel squares fit on the shafts for the arc.... and they do.
    I have put the original arc wheels on ebay as the tyres were shot and a new set of four would cost me 230+.... which is more than the car cost me as a runner..... like 100 more.

to the people who have one of these.... could any of you let me know what is actually missing from this car by looking at the pics? and can you get an actual exhaust pipe for these cars as opposed to the crappy little box on the front of the engine?
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers
    nick

Looks well built and the shell too

looks like a normal 2 bolt engine but finding a pipe to fit nicely may be hard

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Nice one mate. It'll probably thrash all the baja's. lol

How are you getting your spares?

"He who controls the spice, controls the universe!"

Quote Originally Posted by mojo666 View Post

I have a similar one but Lancia Delta.

In the 80's Kyosho released the ARC, Lancia Delta & Toyota Celica. Spares are difficult to find. For tyres just buy longer axles and you will be able to use other tyres

You will always find on German e-bay a similar car for sale which you can use for spares
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by umeshg View Post
    I have a similar one but Lancia Delta.

In the 80's Kyosho released the ARC, Lancia Delta & Toyota Celica. Spares are difficult to find. For tyres just buy longer axles and you will be able to use other tyres

You will always find on German e-bay a similar car for sale which you can use for spares
    See similar one sold on e-bayhttp://www.ebay.de/itm/RC-Verbrenner-Groschl-Marder-Buggy-1-5-/130702877031?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item1e6e7fa167#h t_500wt_1413

Quote Originally Posted by mojo666 View Post

ha ha. it really doesnt seem that fast to me, maybe I was expecting too much. are the petrol engines tunable? if so are they easy to tune?
    ive been around nitro for so long I dont know anything about anything else anymore.
    my parts I have been getting on ebay, some from germany and some from uk, think they are called vintage kyosho or similar.
    im hoping to drop on a non runner or wreck pretty cheap but they are as rare as hens teeth by the looks of it so ill not be holding my breath.
    cheers
    nick

Default I've got same car

Hiya I've got same car syosho arc with 22 cc engine I'm considering changing engine. But not sure which will fit anyone got any ideas ?
    Last edited by 6novak; 12-08-2016 at 19:02.

Angry had it running

Had car running but have trouble now as floods all time I've changed fuel gasket still won't go put all high low back to default setting on carb,so beging to think it's compression any ideas

Have you got another carb to try bud?

Talking I've got same car

I've took it to mates who's going to look at it while I'm on holiday. It's a brand new carb.ive had it running out on park,I'll let you know out come when I'm back

No afraid not and not sure which to get anyone got any ideas which carb will fit

What carb have u got on car,seems mines knackered so in need of a new one