Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TR servo saver

That looks absolutely fantastic, very well designed and built. Are they 'really' worth it though?

Louis
    The Husky - Build Thread - Baja 5B, BZM 28.5cc TT, I-RC Chassis, TR Braces, Pro MX Clutch System, Kraken Titanium Layshaft, TR Quick Diff, UBER Ball Drive V2, I-RC Big Bores, TR Servo Saver, Hostile Rear Hubs, GH Front Hubs, Vertigo Extenders, Hostile MX Tyres, D's Brakes, Killer 7.4v LiPo, Savox 7.4v Servos, Futaba 4PK

Initial feedback seems good on them, i have one and it feels alot better than the stock one (but it should).

Only time will tell how it lasts, rest assured i'll put it through it's paces once i get back into the game.

i have one and its well made and the steering it spot on when you turn into a corner the wheels follow instead of the saver moving and going straight on lol its one of the best upgrades ive bought for the steering
    North Yorkshire Models
    www.nymodels.co.uk
    01723 369948
    sales@nymodels.co.uk

Tried mine out today but as i was running on the beach with next to no grip, so i can't say whether its better but it does look like it will be, no slop and seems to travel evenly...

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Be careful with giving the wheels big knocks, i've stretched the spring on one of mine while racing indoors.
    Upper Joints that won't wear with a lifetime warranty! Click here for more details

Are there any UK suppliers stocking these yet please? If so what's the final price? Thanks.

Louis
    The Husky - Build Thread - Baja 5B, BZM 28.5cc TT, I-RC Chassis, TR Braces, Pro MX Clutch System, Kraken Titanium Layshaft, TR Quick Diff, UBER Ball Drive V2, I-RC Big Bores, TR Servo Saver, Hostile Rear Hubs, GH Front Hubs, Vertigo Extenders, Hostile MX Tyres, D's Brakes, Killer 7.4v LiPo, Savox 7.4v Servos, Futaba 4PK

74 99 in most places

Try sonic on here he's selling new at the best price by far I got mine off him rapid post

Don't pay 74 message sonic he kills that

I asked him and he said yes but then never got back to me

He a busy man message him back

I did twice. One of them was to order over 300 of kit. Im not going to keep mithering

Quote Originally Posted by bugs-gti View Post
    He a busy man message him back
    This is my own personal opinion before anyone jumps the gun, but to me , a customer is a customer , being "too busy" is a poor excuse

I don't have one but my Mate had also stretched his servo saver spring approximately 5mm on its first outing.
    You could say he wasn't a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by fifty8 View Post
    I don't have one but my Mate had also stretched his servo saver spring approximately 5mm on its first outing.
    You could say he wasn't a happy customer.
    ummm interesting , is this a set up issue or a general problem ????

Bloody ell. I've just done a thread on this in the aftermarket section. Not like me to be behind the curve... The weakest link... Never mind hey

Any road, I am interested in the stretched spring. Thats not good. I can see how it happens though. Maybe the unit needs a lock on it, or maybe it actually has one, I didn't check when I fitted mine, to stop the servo going past 90 degrees (if that makes sense?), or a spring that is capable of stretching that far and being able to return back to its normal shape without loss of strength. Maybe its something that we will have to keep an eye on and maybe a TR mark 2 spring will come out. Maybe there might be a need for a spring to be wound round the other way, as in, at the moment the spring is being opened and there is more strength and less movement in the spring if it is pulled closed trying to open. Possibly if the spring was being pulled closed or around the servo unit then the spring would not get over stretched. Just some thoughts...

As for the servo saver unit I am really impressed by it as it has made my steering so much better. What I had before was rubbish compared to this and I definitely think it a worthwhile upgrade. So much better. I have a spare spring and if I bend the spring I'll just send it back.

If we are bending springs now though, having just bought them and having it just come out, makes me wonder who tested it and what testing they put it through. I even offered to test it. Tested to death... Maybe not. I get so annoyed at things like this because they are so obvious and shouldn't be happening especially on a new product like this. I'll keep an eye on the spring and post if I have any problems
    Last edited by biscuits; 19-02-2013 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by BiKESEAT View Post
    Be careful with giving the wheels big knocks, i've stretched the spring on one of mine while racing indoors.
    have you got a picture if it ?
    North Yorkshire Models
    www.nymodels.co.uk
    01723 369948
    sales@nymodels.co.uk

Not at the moment.

The first time it happened it was actually jammed open, taking it apart improved it a lot, although there wasn't any preload left on it.

This time i'm not so sure. When i get it all apart i'll take a pic if it has permanently stretched.
    Upper Joints that won't wear with a lifetime warranty! Click here for more details

What's the general feeling on this system guys? Is it holding up and are you glad you've got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinger View Post
    What's the general feeling on this system guys? Is it holding up and are you glad you've got it?
    I had the darksoul & threshold set up before and do miss having the option of adjustment to be honest
    I wouldn't say the tr was better