Thread: V2 Spring And Cog Bust Agian !!

Back To The Large Scale cybermenace's Avatar

Default V2 Spring And Cog Bust Agian !!

Well after fitting my new spring and cog i bought what bloody happens......

It fails on me again what the hell is going on with these the first one i had lasted since i got the TR pullstart when they was realeased but this ones lasted all of 10 mins lets just say at 12 a shot i aint happy..
    Last edited by cybermenace; 25-07-2012 at 20:01.

I will shoot Dave an email
    Last edited by cybermenace; 25-07-2012 at 20:00.

i've had the same problem, i contacted tr as well and had a reply but he didnt seem bothered about it, i have a couple of spares now as well, they are a good starter but need a bit of an update to the pawl, the spares are a bit expensive for what they are as well imo

I totally agree hopefully a new one comes out to save my bank balance , its slowly becoming an expensive hopup to replace and I will end up going back to stock pullers as they work out cheaper when on dotd

I emailed Dave a couple of times before I got a reply, I have two of the v2 pull starts and have gone through 3 cogs on 3 runs out which I find unacceptable to be honest, well is is when you think each pullstart cost 80!

In Davids defence, he did send me one of his new cogs and to be fair its held up for 4 runs out with no signs of damage so the new material is better!
    After getting one free replacement, David is now requesting $15 shipped for each one so if you want a better cog, buy it directly from David, its not cheep but at least this cog works!
    Well for now lol

Don't tell me the ones that are available to buy in the shops aren't the new material ones ?
    Last edited by cybermenace; 25-07-2012 at 19:59.

As far as I'm aware, no where in the UK has the new material cogs, I've brought the part from abotts and ulc and are both old ones, hence I got the one from David and asked if I could buy them directly from him :thumbup:
    Most stock was sent from the USA before the issues was know so all old cogs I'm guessing, David didn't deny that was the case when I mentioned it anyway!

Just give him an email buddy, he should send you a new one free of charge as he is aware of the problem and is sending out the replacements to those that email him about it, he might ask you for a couple of pics but that's better then paying 12! Lol
    Last edited by evmk; 25-07-2012 at 09:26.

Well one email to Dave and thats all sorted hes sending me the new meterial cog so hopefully its the end to the issues for me

thats alot better service than i got off him , i had to buy 2 spares off abotts which i now assume are the old crap still, just hope they dont let me down at the worst possible time

it wont be the end of it tho Billy done 3 made o the new stuff (6 in total) then the main recoil spring snapped went on ebay as parts,big shame Tr's stuff usualy Steve proof but this was just not upto it,just lost my patience with it,now run a bog standard one that so far has outlasted the' last pullstart' I should o needed to buy!

Fresh from TR's Facebook......

$14.40.