Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel / Oil Mixture Charts

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Er no, iff my calculations are correct ( and correct me iff I'm wrong ) your running lean, more than 50% lean in fact

Correct oil for 5 ltrs is 200 ml/cc

Get ya self one of these bottles, add fuel to the 1ltr mark, then top up to the 25/1 mark with oil

Any linky to the bottle supplier?

Loads on eBay

I have been using one of the standard fuel mixing bottles but am tired of the cap leaking
    so i have just ordered one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1486wt_1030

Anybody tried one yet?

Knowing my luck I will get 2 leaking caps now

Quote Originally Posted by tectic View Post
    I have been using one of the standard fuel mixing bottles but am tired of the cap leaking
    Is that the one I linked to above ? mine's leaked from day one when you shake it I just cover it in an old rag beforehand but wouldn't mind trying an alternative.

I have one of those bottles and touch wood has not leaked yet and have shaken it quite a bit.

i also have a 1l mixing bottle its a lot easier. than well guesing.

Talking

Q: Which is a better ratio mix, 25:1 or 32/33:1 and why ? ive herd mixed comments before about mixes.

i have a fg mt which has been tuned and hopped, previous owner spent lots of money on this beast, and dont want to cause damage. Am new too the 2-stroke largescale rc. comments app

It is very difficult to get the exact same mixture when only mixing 1 litre at a time, so that will affect your engine tune, with the 1litre mixing bottles I just don't think they are accurate enough, fine for chain saws etc but not finely tuned Baja engines!
    People at our race track are constantly messing with their tune to compensate for their badly mixed fuel.
    Much better to do as I do and mix up larger quantities at a time, in a 5 litre petrol can. That way you are getting a far more consistent mixture, and you don't have to be so accurate with larger amounts. The fuel will last last for months like this so don't worry that you might not use it quick enough, just give the can a good shake if it's been left standing for a while. I've used fuel 6 months old and it's as good as fresh stuff and I would definitely know as I race my Baja at a track.
    When making fuel like this, I will tune my car up once a year and it will hold it's tune perfectly all year - and I have a highly tuned race engine and 813 carb which should be a recipe for regular tuning but it doesn't need it!!!
    You can still use your 1 litre bottles, I do, I fill mine up from my 5 litre can to make filling the Baja tank easier.
    The oil I use is mixed at 33:1 so for my 5 litre can of petrol I need to add 150ml of oil.
    If you need to run at 25:1 then for 5 litres of petrol you need 200ml of oil.
    I put my oil in my empty fuel can at the garage and as you fill it from the pump it mixes it nicely!

thanks for the reply timmo. i did exactly the same the other day, a new can, 5 litres of squirt from shell and 150ml of semi-synth 2 stroke oil (33:1)

Default Home made mixing Bottle

Hi people i have just got my first Baja an awesome SS,the first thing i sorted out was to make my self a mixing bottle, i done this bye using a 1 ltr Robinssons orange juice bottle then using a measuring jug out of the cupboard put 750 ml of water in then added masking tape to show the measure.With this method i find it easy to mix a tank at a time and just add 30 ml of oil job done.

Default oil ratio

do not use measuring bottles to easy to get inconsistant fuel oil ratio between individual tanks of fuel just use 5ltrs fuel 200ml oil = 25/1 ratio to easy to over oil using bottles.!!

I notice on these machines nobody mentions oil grades to use, purely synthetics or semi synthetics??

To Cheekythomas i would say Castrol 747 all the way plus it doesnt gum up like Venom does.

i have one of these bottles & got from wheelspin models & its spot on , i run my blackout on 25/1
    & no probs,

The word out is that old mix is not good cause over time oil loose some lubricating properties..?

Quote Originally Posted by hazy2010 View Post
    do not use measuring bottles to easy to get inconsistant fuel oil ratio between individual tanks of fuel just use 5ltrs fuel 200ml oil = 25/1 ratio to easy to over oil using bottles.!!
    :thumbup::thumbup:

Banned

Topper do you have a link to that mixture bottle as i cant find any of them anywhere, plus im a little speacial so i need something so i know what mixture to put in and that mixture bottle will do me nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Monstertruckmadness View Post
    Topper do you have a link to that mixture bottle as i cant find any of them anywhere, plus im a little speacial so i need something so i know what mixture to put in and that mixture bottle will do me nicely
    Click on Toppers ebay link in post #22

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jackobyte View Post
    Click on Toppers ebay link in post #22
    nice 1 jackobyte found 1 and have ordered 1

Hi I put 125 ml of oil into 5 liters of petrol and seem to be having power problems at the bottom end, after running for a while it seems to go away am I running too much oil?
    Thanks