Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Carb modding tool list

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker1958 View Post
    Nice one, cheers for that
    Been a while now mate you just about done, nobody else on the list so back to me mate.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Love this mod.. I will be doing this to 6 of my boat carbs soon.. Great Ideas .

Default made my drill for this mod.

Hi Dogpi55, all

I wanted to show the drill I made for this carb mod.

It works perfectly, made from drill rod then hardened , cuts the carb like butter.
    This carb is a modified wt-644 for one of my boats.
    The only thing I need to prep the carb is to lightly sand the area to remove the aluminum oxide so it does not dull the bit.003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg002.jpg

Can`t go wrong with that, nice job

Is this carb modding tool still around, need a few of my carbs sorting out. Have sent pms but with no reply.

Default carb bearing mod

Quote Originally Posted by freakydan1 View Post
    Is this carb modding tool still around, need a few of my carbs sorting out. Have sent pms but with no reply.
    I hade to make my own tooling for it.

this is an old thread maybe some other posters will reply.

Only 2 people was offering the tools out for lone the OP who no longer offers the service, and me again no longer offers the service.
    I gave my tooling away but still have means to do it myself with just a drill, but this is not for lone because if you don't do it right it is easy to mess your carb up.

Default Carb Bearing mod drill

I have made a few of these carb bearing mod drill bits for those interested send me a pm.

I have 3 left

please do not delete this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by road.ripper; 24-06-2015 at 14:37.

Received my tool last week from Road.Ripper. This is what spurred him to make them this time out.
    Had a chance to do the wife's carb since it had to be removed to install her inclined shread stack.

This tool has a built in stop so not other tools or guess work needed. After removing the aluminum oxide with a sanding drum on the Dremel I went to work. This bit cuts the aluminum like butter. Didn't take long to get the job done.

I didn't take pics of the work. You have all seen it before. Plus my hands were covered in oil so I didn't want to touch my phone.

I will do mine next time I do a tear down and cleaning.

If anyone is looking to do this he makes the bits to fit both carb shaft sizes.

Drill bit

Carb cleaned and bearing installed

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Nghtrdr View Post
    Received my tool last week from Road.Ripper. This is what spurred him to make them this time out.
    Had a chance to do the wife's carb since it had to be removed to install her inclined shread stack.

This tool has a built in stop so not other tools or guess work needed. After removing the aluminum oxide with a sanding drum on the Dremel I went to work. This bit cuts the aluminum like butter. Didn't take long to get the job done.

I didn't take pics of the work. You have all seen it before. Plus my hands were covered in oil so I didn't want to touch my phone.

I will do mine next time I do a tear down and cleaning.

If anyone is looking to do this he makes the bits to fit both carb shaft sizes.

Drill bit

Carb cleaned and bearing installed

Dan
    Thanks for the kind words Dan , glad I could help.

Good to see yet another person is into the tooling game, but are you sending the tools out for people to use for FREE or just making them to sell?
    This was originally started to help people out who did not have the means to actually make the tooling, help people out so they could do it for FREE

I gave my tools away for free, nil, nothing but somebody on this forum emailed me to do his carbs 2 or 3. So bought limited tooling to get the job done IE just a drill at 2 and custom gring at 20 and this dude never sent the carbs out so cost me money? Yeah go figure it's what some are like.

If you are sending these out for free then good on you, but if your making to sell then put it in the correct section.

This is old thread, but is there someone that can make or have for sale these carb modding tools?
    I really need to mod my carbs.
    "problem" is that i live in Finland.

Try dropping Rev a PM. He might know who can get you one. Sending to Finland insured, recorded and signed for from the UK is no problems and does not cost a lot at all. We are still all one happy family