Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carb modding tool list

Quote Originally Posted by lubaru1980 View Post
    Doing it tonight, didn't have time, got a old one to test on first so as to limit devastation lol
    come on lewis, "you are holding the job out now" !!!!, just remember other people are waiting for the tools!!!!!
    dont rush there isnt a panic, you just chill out m8.

keith "mr-m"

I knew I seen a list somewhere but couldn't find it when I looked

I better order me a new shaft

Got my bearings delivered yesterday but in no rush as I'm last on the list so far..

:gunsmile:IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TOO FADE AWAY !!!! !:gunsmile:

well bearings turned up today , so thats a start ,
    but have just found some more carbs in the box , so question is do i order more?

I now have 3 nice modded carbs, took a bit of time on the 668's no breakouts at all, tools worked like a dream, well made Mr dog wee, you should be an engineer or summit boss!
    My 771 was the best carb for the mod as had loads of material around the area for the machining,

Sorry I took ages.......

Whos next for tools, pm addy and will be on way.

Thanks again Dog wee and rev for gettin this going
    Do not underestimate my sensible side..................:gunsmile:

PM'd RC/MAD as next on list
    Do not underestimate my sensible side..................:gunsmile:

And I've replied
    North Yorkshire Models
    www.nymodels.co.uk
    01723 369948
    sales@nymodels.co.uk

I think it's bang in for the people involved in sorting this out for members, and free as well.
    But I fear at this rate if I was to add my name the baja would be retired before I got the tools lol.
    Just a thought but would it be a quicker turn round for some body to do this for us, the first 2 was done the same day and posted on.
    It would only cost a few quid to send the carbs, just need the nice chaps to agree.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

I get what your saying. And if anyone's happy to do that, that's great bit they might not the responsibility of doing your carbs!

At the end of the day if people get the pm and feel they can't get the job turned around quick (within 48hrs) they should just pm me and I can drop them down the list ONE place. To take the pressure off, that won't affect the guys further down the list and would keep the tools moving!

I think we should be able to get through at least 2 people if not 3 a week tbh.

Also I'm not being smashed with people asking for the tools so should be done before xmass

P.s I can move Kinger as well as he's local to me! I will no doubt end up doing a few of the local lads carbs anyway !!
    Last edited by dogpi55; 19-11-2012 at 09:48.
    If you realized that there is no such thing as free will you would make different choices

Well I will watch the list and turn round time, come Xmas my baja's getting a strip down and will no doubt need some parts replacing.
    So might as well do this mod then, am handy with tools been in CNC turning and milling all my working life 17yrs. Started doing manual machining first.
    So would not have a problem doing it my self, but some may not be as handy or had the experience to so it. TBH I can't see why anybody should mess one up, as long as they run nice and slow.

Cool another hard worker

Yeah it's not bad, tools are pretty well sorted, the reamer cuts at just the right pace for someone not used to it more luck than judgement tbh but glad it worked like that! Act get to run mine next Sunday aslong as weather is good
    If you realized that there is no such thing as free will you would make different choices

No that's all wrong used to graft when on manuals, that was back when 16yrs old. Moved on to CNC after 5 yrs, but now I work on CNC milling on big jobs. 50-185 tonnes, so grafting for a living is long gone lol. Jobs are on the machine from 3-4 days to 3-4 weeks, once the jobs set its hammer the iPhone on the net lol. But I have been doing best part of 12 hrs now for 8 months if that counts. I could have modified my own carb, but we don't just small tools here.
    Could make a load of stuff for the baja if I was still at my last firm. But I don't plan on moving from here any time soon, just to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    No that's all wrong.
    Nah I was right, I was being sarcastic

I'm literally sat eating brunch, at the start of a 16hr run on some titanium! Gonna switch Iplayer on in a minute as well! And watch hunted, read a bit of a book, and then do some xmass shopping.

Just spent the last hour talking about a game on the pc called skyrim.

Might have a nap at dinner it's all a bit much really

Lol sounds like my night shifts, but i did fall asleep once at 11:30 but did 8 weeks with out a day off and 12 hr shifts. Got a final written warring for it as well, because I thought it was a bit harsh for all the hrs i put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    Lol sounds like my night shifts, but i did fall asleep once at 11:30 but did 8 weeks with out a day off and 12 hr shifts. Got a final written warring for it as well, because I thought it was a bit harsh for all the hrs i put in.
    That's well harsh considering hours, depends if you bed down or not I guess bloke here got caught asleep by a senior manager and was put on days for three months and was given a verbal, was start of shift though !
    But if you nod you tend to get a prod!

Other guys have been sacked but they were hidden and in sleeping bags etc

Lol no I dint bed down, just nodded off sat on machine. Because the jobs take that long and the machines are that big we have a nice chair in their.
    The machines cab is 2 steps to get in and is independent of the spindle, so can rise 15 or so ft up. My mistake was to leave on flour level, and a director just walk up to machine as I nodded.

Oops that's funny though,
    I'm not one for nodding really, but there's no management on my out shift, and I'm right in a corner well hidden from view plus they put cameras in so we can watch the machine cutting, we just use them to watch for the managers

I'd have told um to stick there 12 hrs after that! What do you machine anyway? Buildings

90% of the time work rolls, back up rolls and plate mill rolls. Also do a few SG shells for rolls Royce, then we machine a few brake downs when the forges tooling brakes.
    It's all easy work and some times feel guilty, as in pinching money lol.

That's some pretty big stuff then wouldn't wanna drop one and watch that roll of down the shop floor

I ain't bothered if you wanna move me down the list shagger, I got the bearings and new shaft yer ready to go but there ain't nuffin wrong with my carb at the mo lol