Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jan 13 Sale now on..

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    will probably take a year to get to your doors though ...
    naa only about 2/3 days normaly from fedex

I placed 4 orders between $40 and $60 I think ... I'll see if I get done for all of them cause it's the first time I ordered so many as seperate orders... normally I was doing two separate orders
    Baja Breaker :D

I placed 4 orders between $40 and $60 I think ... I'll see if I get done for all of them cause it's the first time I ordered so many as seperate orders... normally I was doing two separate orders
    I gather you ordered them on separate days as if not they will most lokely get processed and delivered together thus all have the same risk of picking up vat etc.

I ordered two on the same day beofre and they both didn't come at the same time... 2nd one came like two or three days after I got my 1st one and no customs and I think the total amount was like $80-$90....

I ordered two on the same day beofre and they both didn't come at the same time... 2nd one came like two or three days after I got my 1st one and no customs and I think the total amount was like $80-$90....
    you only pay customs charge if the value totals 135 or higher if you get item as gift but you have payed for it then item value is 36 but if the charge is less than 9 you dont need to pay anything i buy loads of stuff from outside of the EU but try and keep the costs under these amounts china tend to send as gifts so have to spend small

if item comes buy ship and not airmail then item value is upto 2000 higher than that then there will be a charge

Quote Originally Posted by ASSASSINSFURY View Post
    you only pay customs charge if the value totals 135 or higher if you get item as gift but you have payed for it then item value is 36 but if the charge is less than 9 you dont need to pay anything i buy loads of stuff from outside of the EU but try and keep the costs under these amounts china tend to send as gifts so have to spend small

if item comes buy ship and not airmail then item value is upto 2000 higher than that then there will be a charge
    I've been stung with a customers charge this morning 12.00 for and parcel from DDM

nope your wrong mate anything over $20 and you get import tax anyting above $80 and you get vat as well normaly $100 = about 20 + the royal mail fee which is 8

Quote Originally Posted by Coperz View Post
    I've been stung with a customers charge this morning 12.00 for and parcel from DDM
    just had a look at the gov site and they have only just changed the law on the charges but you shouldnt of had to pay anything for that as it comes under the 15.01 unless its added your postage cost aswell and thats what sent it over the 15.00

Goods Value*

Customs Charges applicable

0.01 to 15 No customs duty
    No Import VAT**

15.01 to 135 No customs duty
    Import VAT due

135.01 and greater Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than 9
    Import VAT due

just had a look at the gov site and they have only just changed the law on the charges but you shouldnt of had to pay anything for that as it comes under the 15.01 unless its added your postage cost aswell and thats what sent it over the 15.00

Goods Value*

Customs Charges applicable

0.01 to 15 No customs duty
    No Import VAT**

15.01 to 135 No customs duty
    Import VAT due

135.01 and greater Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than 9
    Import VAT due
    they havent just changed they changed about 2 years ago (lowered the limit from $28 to $22) and its not good there are different levels most are marked as toy parts not goods

i bought this DDM "Black Magic" 6v Ni-MH 5000mAh Hump Receiver Battery Pack for HPI Baja 5B/5T for 35.99 on the 20/11/2012 and it came straight to my door was sent by USPS never had to pay any extra for it

i bought this DDM "Black Magic" 6v Ni-MH 5000mAh Hump Receiver Battery Pack for HPI Baja 5B/5T for 35.99 on the 20/11/2012 and it came straight to my door was sent by USPS never had to pay any extra for it
    some times you get lucky depends whos on the customs department and how happy they are

$35.99 i meant

Well I got all of them exept from the Phatdad braces I've ordered on the last day of Jan13 ... Shouldn't get stung though cause that would be unfair on me as I had all these big orders coming through with no issues