Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi there

cheers for that.

i have a staffie so maybe chase her round the park (vice versa....joking)

i have got a decent oil and do use a 25:1 mix, i have a 3 speed GTB gearbox (see other thread) but if i do remove it i will invest in a steel spur gear, my plastic one is showing signs of wear.

im no good at welding so its a stock cage or a pre built steel one for me.

need to invest in a decent radio setup - futaba 3PL i think, and a kill switch as i have the stock setup in mine (except an upgraded throttle/brake servo for the hydraulic brakes)

Personally I would stick to plastic spur gears as they give you a week point so that if out happens it will fail as its cheap instead of breaking gears or diff which are far more expensive, might be worth while looking at driving style I.e don't have the throttle on when landing as this is what will strip the spur gear, a chap who I run with is still running the original spur gear on his baja which was one of the first 25 in the country using this method and he is far from gentle with his.

forgot to mention that that is well over 5 years
    Last edited by Pbajass; 14-07-2013 at 20:43.

a good and interesting point, i guess its the same as replacing everything with alloy over the stock nylon that bends, something has to give with hard off road use/crashes

Welcome to the forum m8 and the world of the bottomless pit. Enjoy yourself buddy

seems that way, even the brand new front hydraulics i bought dont work - leaky master cylinder and the seller seems to not want to talk too much at the moment, still im sure it will be sorted then ill need another set

Depending what you are doing you might not need them. If you spend most of your time off road you can get away without them. On road might be a bit different though. What is a good brake upgrade is the RCR brake discs and pads with Turtle Racing one piece brake calliper with springs between the brake pads. Will last you well and will stop the car no problems off road, just incase you don't have them already at the back and are thinking about upgrading the back at some point in the future if you haven't already.

at the moment its off road but eventually ill get a set of tarmac tyres and try that too, so ill def need better brakes, the kit i bought was the GTB fronts, all was going well until the master cylinder started leaking out of the part where the servo rod goes into it - not great for brand new

Yes thats a pity. I wonder if covering the seal with silicone grease or rubber seal grease might help it seal better. Possibly a bit of grit or dirt might have got in there

who knows, but it was never used so it certainly wasnt from running off road - came to me like it, either way it will be sorted

holy thread resurrection....

cant believe its been nearly 4 years since i got my baja, havent even used it since the lat post, ill be honest it wason a rack in my unit and pretty much until recently forgot i had it.

Anyway now its been found again, it needs a good strip down as its very dusty, few questions as i do plan on using it - honest.... lol

Just read the thread and i do need to still upgrade my radio gear - whats the considered best one to get, im sure things have moved on in 4 years

also im considering a road shell (i assume these things exist for the baja 5b) - what sort of things are available for these models.

cant wait to get it allup and running properly and get some use from it (after ive finished my full size road car project that needs my time in the next 6 weeks)

thanks in advance

Welcome in the gang!