Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr fruitbats homemade parts

Default Mr fruitbats homemade parts

Hi Peep`s first I would like to say a big Thanks to Kev aka (rsfruitbat). I put an add in wanted for some body posts for a tc cage to no avail Kev had sent a pm saying if I got stuck he could make me some, if I sent the parts off in plastic that I was stuck for. anyway got a pm this morn saying posted with a pic of work done to make sure I was happy with them, "and was I happy" great looking parts from quality grade alloy, anyone stuck or wanting custom made parts at a fantastic price I fully recommend Kev, always willing to help nothing seems to much a credit to BFUK Thanks Buddy

No customs charges to pay and I don't think he is Chinese so all good

Last edited by llazaru; 13-07-2013 at 16:55.

Would love a set of these for by sc.
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craigbrown79 View Post
    send kev a pm buddy, wont be a problem im sure

Oh my...... I can't wait for my bits to arrive now Top work Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Coperz View Post
    Oh my...... I can't wait for my bits to arrive now Top work Kev
    Phil I'll be posting them out on Monday

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/forumdis...Fruitbat-Parts

Now on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594860060733732/

Quote Originally Posted by llazaru View Post
    Hi Peep`s first I would like to say a big Thanks to Kev aka (rsfruitbat). I put an add in wanted for some body posts for a tc cage to no avail Kev had sent a pm saying if I got stuck he could make me some, if I sent the parts off in plastic that I was stuck for. anyway got a pm this morn saying posted with a pic of work done to make sure I was happy with them, "and was I happy" great looking parts from quality grade alloy, anyone stuck or wanting custom made parts at a fantastic price I fully recommend Kev, always willing to help nothing seems to much a credit to BFUK Thanks Buddy

No customs charges to pay and I don't think he is Chinese so all good
    Thankyou for the kind words Paul, you've helped me out loads in the past so I was happy to help

Lol I'm not Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by craigbrown79 View Post
    Drop me a pm with your requirements
    Last edited by rs fruitbat; 14-07-2013 at 00:19.

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

Now on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rs fruitbat View Post
    Phil I'll be posting them out on Monday

Wow......, cheers Kev these look mint will compliment my build

Thanks

I still can not Thank Kev enough for the layshaft that he made me. It really is a work of art. Absolutely perfect. I also have beautiful turnbuckles that he also made for me. We owe you a lot Kev. Another fine project and fine work by you, that you have again put yourself out and gone out of your way for us. Nice One m8. Thank You

out of curiosity does lightening these flywheels not reduce cooling to the head?

It does. You have to have a balance of removing fins and metal against cooling. You can't just chop all the fins off and have a really light flywheel as you will have no cooling.

I think that the limit you could go with would be to chop all the pull start fins off and block off the pull start vents or remove half and half and leave all vents open.

I run a modellsport ignition system with TPS single sided fan. Its more efficient than the HPI fan but still I only have a fan on the pull start side so I blocked off the crankcase vents to get more cooling. It works well enough and keeps the engine cool enough but I wouldn't chop all the crankcase fins off and run a hpi flywheel with just the pull start fins as they aren't really that long, compared to the crankcase side of the fan and don't really shift enough air.
    Last edited by biscuits; 16-07-2013 at 00:20.

cheers matey, does any one run lc engines? i know not ideal with the rad etc however ive come across some lc marine engines just wondering what about for the cars.

I think that it has been done. But to be honest its not worth worrying about. It would mean that you could get rid of a lot of weight and loose the fan but the water pump, unless electric would sap loads of power (aprox 10-15%) so you would be back to square one any road. If you want some gains then just get your flywheel professionally lightened by rsfruitbat. Other than that if you have a lot spare cash then you could go for the Oddified ECU on top of everything else. I love mine, makes the engine run really sweet. But I have got modellsport ignition now fitted to normal crank and there is a lot of difference using that compared to a normal or even lightened flywheel. Unfortunately my Oddified ECU won't work with it.

To be honest its not worth worrying about or even going for that sort of cooling as you aren't really going to see any real performance increase. But a lightened flywheel is worth doing, its all you need really, along with a good exhaust and that. Unless you want to go like me and try to get everything out of the car that you can.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    It does. You have to have a balance of removing fins and metal against cooling.

I think that the limit you could go with would be to chop all the pull start fins off and block off the pull start vents .
    That's what I do and too further lighten the flywheel I machine equally spaced holes ,I've made special jigs for lightening the flywheels,to ensure consistency and maintain the flywheels balance , I've been experimenting on my own baja and have seen good improvements in performance and no adverse effects in engine for temps

Im 100% sure I've now found the best balance between performance whilst maintaining cooling efficiency
    Last edited by rs fruitbat; 16-07-2013 at 22:53. Reason: Text added

Now on Facebook

That's what I do and too further lighten the flywheel I machine equally spaced holes ,I've made special jigs for lightening the flywheels,to ensure consistency and maintain the flywheels balance , I've been experimenting on my own baja and have seen good improvements in performance and no adverse effects in engine for temps

Im 100% sure I've now found the best balance between performance whilst maintaining cooling efficiency
    I've got one of your earlier ones Kev, spot on. I've got another one that needs your touch, will pm you just before I send it.
    Top work, great results

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker1958 View Post
    I've got one of your earlier ones Kev, spot on. I've got another one that needs your touch, will pm you just before I send it.
    Top work, great results
    Thanks Nick

Now on Facebook

Thanks Nick
    No probs Kev, great work, can't fault the extra performance, everybody should have one

Bout time i posted some of kevs awesome parts ive fitted too

Front hub boltmod spacer act as bearing protectors too
    IRC Alloy perch retainers ( makes the shocks look even more awesome and stronger too )
    RS CUFF custom made for you kev can make anything
    Photo0003_zps015b8ef9.jpg

Photo0004_zpsdae5c276.jpg

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Thanks Dave ,I'm happy that my parts have helped to improve your baja ,thankyou for the kind words ,I'm always willing to help my fellow bashers

Now on Facebook

Yet again no job to small or large for Kev just a pm away, asked about these posts for rpm skid plate because my plastic ones where bending from heat from v4, also the plastic ones thread strips easy and a pain to remove spinning round when fitting/removing. kev also took it a step further by machining two flats on posts enabling a 8mm spanner to be used in fitting/removing.

Thanks again mate,

Paul.

Another set of Quality parts from the FRUITBAT COLLECTION your wasted matey spot on again cant fault these parts guys, (and im not on any commission for this) just giving credit where its due, totally amazed by the quality and speed of parts ordered. I ordered the cuffs for my lad as I run hostile hubs and was not sure about them fitting, but they do sorry son ill get you some don't worry

Cheers Kev

Paul.

Last edited by llazaru; 26-07-2013 at 14:39.