Thread: Flywheel lightening service

Default Flywheel lightening service

I can now offer a flywheel lightening service, the beauty of this service is that I lighten your stock flywheel ,this is achieved through you posting me your flywheel and all machining work happening here in house and then the flywheel is dispatched back to you.

I offer a quick turn around ( usually 3 working days ) minimising baja down time .

Why have your flywheel lightened ? The principle of lightening a flywheel works in the same way as lightening a flywheel on a road/race car ,reducing the rotating mass of the flywheel increases engine response which in turn enhances acceleration and also increases bhp through weight loss .

All my flywheels are machined on specially made jigs too ensure accuracy and balance is always achieved ,I've been running my lightened flywheel on my baja for 2yrs with good results and no adverse effects regarding cooling issues .

Here's some pics ,taken by a member on here who runs one of my flywheels.

If your interested please pm me for details
    Last edited by rs fruitbat; 07-08-2013 at 23:46.

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/forumdis...Fruitbat-Parts

Now on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594860060733732/

I've just got mine fitted and tested it today. TOP marks Kev, service spot on, performance enhanced.
    Cheers for that Kev. Recommended +1
    Looks like it came out of a scrap yard BUT goes like s...k :D

So is there a notable difference when it's lightened then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker1958 View Post
    I've just got mine fitted and tested it today. TOP marks Kev, service spot on, performance enhanced.
    Cheers for that Kev. Recommended +1
    Thanks Nick, I did read on here that my flywheel increased the performance so much that it blew your diff

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

Now on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Stoka View Post
    In my opinion ,yes the engine is more responsive

Now on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rs fruitbat View Post
    Thanks Nick, I did read on here that my flywheel increased the performance so much that it blew your diff
    That could be the case, but down to me being lazy
    Can tell the difference though. And NO cooling issues in this freaky hot weather. Top marks Kev
    Looks like it came out of a scrap yard BUT goes like s...k :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoka View Post
    There is deffo a noticeable increase in power, the first thing you will notice when fitted is your tickover/idle will need to be lowered due to less rotational mass weight, engine spools up a lot quicker revs higher, the cheapest power upgrade by far and it works, I have not had any cooling issues with mine I run the super lightened version and would highly recommend getting one done to anyone with doubts

Fitted my lightened flywheel at the weekend and had chance to test it today so thought I'd leave a bit of feedback.

First off, the service from Kev was excellent. It was a round trip of less than a week to get it done, and communication from Kev was great.

As far as performance goes, to start with, I had to decrease the idle speed by a good two full turns due to the weight difference. When driving the car, the lighter weight is noticeable straight away. The car revs up significantly faster, and feels a good bit quicker too.

I only had the car out for 45 mins on a cold day, so can't comment on any heat issues, but during the time I ran it, there was no excessive heat build up.

Kev has done a really tidy job with the flywheel, certainly better than I could've done with a Dremel and hand drill. For the cost to get it done, I'm more than happy. :thumbup:

Banned

any trouble with this flywheel on billet case? anyone tested

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy lee View Post
    any trouble with this flywheel on billet case? anyone tested
    I have the same flywheel but with extra weight ruduction, mine weighs just 175g with billet case no probs with running or cooling. But only been a few degrees out side can't really comment on temps, just incase I do have temps issues I have another light flywheel with more fins left on.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Hi.. sounds great... what is the cost of your service?
    Regards
    Rob
    Last edited by BajaRob23; 24-01-2014 at 13:24.

Pm fruitbat man

Top marks Kev.......Great guy to deal with..... Awesome work
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HPI Baja 5B 2.0 & Project HPI Baja 5B

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079..._comment_reply

Had mine sent off to kev a week before bashfest, great service and very quick turn around. Was surprised at how much difference this has made

Will be in touch soon to have two more done
    Thanks