Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRP tyres - now much cheaper

Contributor

Great news.

Noticed on another post you say they aren't as much lighter as I said they was

I found them to be 118g lighter each than my old Baja wheels, which were Mercenary wheels, Hostile zero growth foams and Hostile mini MX tyres. Maybe my foams are full of water!

Will check again in the week.

I like tyres that aren't overly grippy as you can have much more fun. And when you dial yourself in to the handling you can really throw it about and it looks impressive
    My SHORTY proves size doesn't matter!

Don't get me wrong they are lighter than what I had on, just not sure 100g. Just going off weight by holding them lol. My scales dont record that much weight, i bought them back when I had an air raffle to weigh pellets, but come in handy to weigh baja parts lol.
    I like them and they do rip up some good amount of grass and dirt, run a full rank with them and no signs of wear. Plus a load of runs on road, not be bashing for a while on the pit to boggy this time of yr.
    But the pit would go through tyres at an alarming rate, and just ripped many of my bros tyres in a matter of minutes.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    Don't get me wrong they are lighter than what I had on, just not sure 100g. Just going off weight by holding them lol. My scales dont record that much weight, i bought them back when I had an air raffle to weigh pellets, but come in handy to weigh baja parts lol.
    I like them and they do rip up some good amount of grass and dirt, run a full rank with them and no signs of wear. Plus a load of runs on road, not be bashing for a while on the pit to boggy this time of yr.
    But the pit would go through tyres at an alarming rate, and just ripped many of my bros tyres in a matter of minutes.

Back tracking aint no help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Threecard View Post
    Back tracking aint no help !!!
    That's gone that far over my head

does any1 know if this tires is sold as a set of 2 or individually? 30euro a set or 30euro a piece?

im confused....

Formerly Silverback RC flake99please's Avatar

Pricing is per pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback RC Products View Post
    Pricing is per pair.
    thanks mate!

Fronts are 404g x2 808g
    Rears are 530g x2 1060g
    Hpi Baja 5Bss
    BZM micro 28.5cc + BZM Pipe POWER!
    http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/showthre...7704-AD-s-Baja

Well i like to keep all in the know and update my post when needed, i have the bulldog tyres and been running on road doing some speed runs. I have some wear on the rears now (only bought rears) but would like to say it's a lot less then i thought it would be, grip on wet grass is similar to stock busters but a little better. IMHO i found the stock busters to be good for grip on all services i run on, so this is a good thing. Did a 62.1 MPH speed run the other day and the rears did not bow at all, been running on grass and it's been damp and wet, but does have 3-4 little holes in the tyres these must be to get rid of the water if any gets in.

All in all i will buy again when needed, but a bigger nobbles would be better i think.

Contributor

Nice one. Thanks for the update.

I have yet to try mine out, been rebuilding the car.

I would think that you would still get traction on road even when the knobs have worn away, as the compound is quite soft.
    My SHORTY proves size doesn't matter!

Here is some close up pics, and have done a load of miles on road.
    My speed run 62.1MPH oneway is .7 of a mile thats from me to has far has the vid shows then past me to slow down and back to me. My foretrex is showing 34.95 miles thats on this engine, a good 20 with these tyres and say a good 10 on road.

Last edited by Baja5b-SS; 04-01-2014 at 10:49.

Well I tryed mine out for the first time at bashfest.
    I am very happy with the grip and wear rate.

One of the rear wheels became unglued during there 1st tank and the foam split
    Dont think you can get the foams on there own. may have to buy a new set.

Last edited by (-:AD:-); 07-05-2014 at 22:22.
    Hpi Baja 5Bss

I'd try taping the foam back together with gorilla tape or similar..

yeah may be worth a try.
    or I buy a new set. no faffing around with glueing unglueing and when the tyres wear out I have some spare.
    Hpi Baja 5Bss

Well just checked these out again and although i have a SC shell i have just bought some of these, reason been totalled a Zero growth today and ripped in two. So just bought 2sets (4 tyres) 43 shipped they have them on offer CLICK ME
    but limited. I think once they have gone that's it only 8 sets left.
    Last edited by Baja5b-SS; 08-02-2015 at 01:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    Well just checked these out again and although i have a SC shell i have just bought some of these, reason been totalled a Zero growth today and ripped in two. So just bought 2sets (4 tyres) 43 shipped they have them on offer CLICK ME
    but limited. I think once they have gone that's it only 8 sets left.
    Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a set for the sandrail I am building. going to use them to test everything b4 putting the paddles on.
    Cheers
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a set for the sandrail I am building. going to use them to test everything b4 putting the paddles on.
    Cheers
    Martin
    15 euro is like pinching IMO i ordered 2 sets because you pay the same postage so even better bang for buck Works out at just 20 a set and would have cost me more than that to just replace the zero that exploded, weathers getting better soon so will save the MXT's for proper winter months also got my fastest ever recorded speed with these wheels smaller dia lighter wheel, may even be able to use 19 gear set.

Default GRP tyres - now much cheaper

Well fitted the GRP wheels and I'm abit peed off now, fitted 19/55 gears knowing the smaller dia and lighter wheel would pull a taller gear set no probs. But what I dint expect was it to pull it like a 16 gear set, think I went to far on the light weight drive only one thing for it now and that's gear up.
    Weight difference is massive compared to my wheel/tyre combo I had on, MXT's, zeros growths AVG 800g dry and clean, GRP dry and clean 520g per wheel so 560g lost no wonder the thing acts like its on a 16t gear set.
    Can't wait to test this set up now but I feel to tame the bottom I'd need at least a 20 poss a 21, both I don't have I have the Spurs but that means using BB pinions and using a Ti bell and in tern then needing a Teflon clutch more bloody expense.
    Last edited by Baja5b-SS; 13-02-2015 at 14:09.

Default New design

GRP have started producing a wheel/ tyre combo for the new NRP Ultron buggy which is compatible with a Baja (if you run fronts on rears)

Still waiting on a reply about size n weight.
    Last edited by Rev; 02-04-2016 at 11:07.
    L-E-L

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

I've not read every reply in the thread so it might already say, but on that site I can't find any off road 1:5 tyres or wheels?
    1:5 on road and 1:5 bike, but no off roads?