Thread: DDM Dominator V2 Silenced Pipe & External Silencer

Default DDM Dominator V2 Silenced Pipe & External Silencer

(This is the same as I posted on my thread in the projects section)
    The only other aftermarket part affecting this item is the RPM rear skidplate for the 5sc wich has caused no issues what-so-ever.

Got my new V2 Silenced Dominator fitted today copying an idea I'd seen Hotwheels post on here using a regular dominator:
    After test fitting this yesterday it became quite apparent that i'd need to cover some of this with some Exhaust heat wrap I had, I was going to get this powder coated but after this discovery I didn't see the point of making it all nice & blue only for me to then hide it. This is because it touches plastic parts, no matter what I do.

As a result I have to say this pipe is a absolute bar-steward to fit!! for what is supposed to be one of the best pipes out there its not a good fit at all, I had to cut some plastic off my rear bumper support just to get it to fit 75% correct as I feel it is at the moment. I couldn't even get the nut onto the rear "mounting" because it far too high up, and without the 'free' x-port added this probably wouldn't fit at all.
    The "chrome" finish is very very poor, some of it was just coming off even as I was fitting it, again not impressed.
    That and they don't eve provide you with the correct sized silicone joining tubes, they're [/u]way[/u] too small.

Not impressed DDM That said, i'm sure for the purposes of evacuating exhaust gasses it will be absolutely fine.

Yes its running 2 silencers, not that i'm expecting it to be quiet by any means, but every little helps.

Note on the separate silencer though, the 'exit' end of this unit gives you only about 9-10mm of tube to clamp a silicone hose too, come on DDM, all you have to do is make this an inch long on both ends and there will be plenty to do this, people can then trim them down if they need too.

So to provide a review (Please see my further post below, these opinions later updated )

DDM Dominator V2 Silenced Pipe: - 3 out of 5
    Reasons are because of very poor fitment, poor quality chrome finish, wrong size tube for the 'no leak' joiner, but good performance.

DDM External Silencer - 4 out of 5
    Reason purely because of the too short exit tube.
    Last edited by FUBAR; 29-11-2013 at 12:23.

In all fairness to ddm they prob were not designed to do what you have done (silencer)

Cant say i had any problems fitting my dom v2 as it comes with the xport already it reached perfect and i just nut n bolted it to rear chassis plate etc

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

fitted mine a couple of days ago. I had to dremel a bit off the bumper guard and used a 12mm alloy spacer when I bolted it on at the rear. must say it was a bit of a c..t to fit but it fits nice and it sounds even better than I thought not to mention it makes the car go like stink..
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Wouldnt fitting another silencer take even more HP away though?

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

why fit a silencer full stop ????

Can understand the built in one as some people cant have it too noisey where they run etc
    but adding another has to restrict power even more lol

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Quote Originally Posted by BajaDre View Post
    Can understand the built in one as some people cant have it too noisey where they run etc
    but adding another has to restrict power even more lol
    I love the noise of mine..

My neighbours love mine they always comment how loud is it lol

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Quote Originally Posted by BajaDre View Post
    My neighbours love mine they always comment how loud is it lol
    take a leaf out of my book and show some care and attention and tell them to fk off .... lol....

Default Further thoughts

I've taken the truck out for a quick run today after playing around with the new pipe setup a little further, the pipe itself is now a slightly better fit and I've had to use a bit of exhaust wrap in places to keep the pipe off the plastic bits more but overall i'm happy enough with the fitting even though I still can't get a nut on the rear mounting. So the Pipe itself gets an extra 1/2 a star from me for this now.

Performance wise i'm extremely happy, I knew this pipe would be good from its reputation, but this definitely is a HUGE improvement over the HPI Tuned Pipe I had on before from my SS kit.
    For this another 1/2 a star

Noise
    What can I say other than another HUGE Improvement, I know that probably running 2 silencers in what turned into quite a long exhaust run might knock a little bit off the power but i'm not planning on winning any competitions with this truck any time ever, so the sound improvement for general bashing is fantastic.
    The result from my setup is exactly what I had intended, it has taken the high-pitched 'rasp' out of the exhaust, lowering the tone to something far more pleasing to the ear. It's still loud, there's nothing you can do about this, but for anyone running near to residential properties like I do sometimes this setup is fantastic. Another 1/2 a star for the separate DDM silencer because of this.

So after further fettling, consideration and a run out my reviews are:

DDM Dominator V2 Silenced Pipe: - 4 out of 5
    Reasons are I still have to knock some points off because of poor/difficult fitment, poor quality chrome finish and wrong size tube for the 'no leak' joiner, but excellent performance is a huge plus.

DDM External Silencer - 4.5 out of 5
    Reason purely because of the too short exit tube, again excellent performance.

I can also highly recommend ASH for Silicone hoses, great service, great products and a easy to use online shop too.
    http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/sil...one-hoses.html

good review matey

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Same problem here.Ilove the sound of it....but people are annoyed.Should i get the ddm silencer?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lol I replied to your other thread then saw you'd commented on this one

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

I have to admit, I was annoyed when I bought my first one and discovered the coupler was far too thin, then I realised for what it was worth it might as well have been made from chocolate, so I got some proper stuff and did the job right.

Just fitted v2 pipe, seems excellent piece kit, on par or if not better than my last pipe which is a Samba.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QRC View Post
    Just fitted v2 pipe, seems excellent piece kit, on par or if not better than my last pipe which is a Samba.
    You'll notice power gains as well.