Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: blackfriday sale

  1. #1
    Advertiser Sonic@OBR-UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    gorey co wexford
    Posts
    9,400

    Default blackfriday sale

    Black friday prices*
    Billet cased full mods complete 310 posted pounds
    Billet cased longrod full mods complete 335 posted
    Obr reed complete 420 posted
    Billet cased obr prostock complete 235 posted*
    For longblock prices give me a mail at obr_uk@aol.com or a message here this lasts a week ends 4th dec
    Remember with purchase u also get entry into prize draw of a obr twin ... thanks paul

  2. #2
    Member broken_678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Thats my Full Mod ordered, I'll be a happy bunny when the post man does his rounds next week!

    Quick question though, I ordered the Full mod 7.5hp 30.5cc Long rod. With this beast I have just ordered the Turtle transmission case, Uber's ball drive & DDM's black magic hardened transmission gears.
    Anything else I will need to handle the additional torque?
    Also suggestions on pinion/spur gear ratios would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cottingham,East Yorkshire
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Have you got an upgraded clutch bell mount? If running stock plastic will fail very quick, as for spur/pinion combo with that engine you can run what you like, preferred would be 19 tooth pinion with 55 tooth spur gear and if it still has more to give you can go to 20/54 but this is harder to find (ran this on a 30.5 reed case and just about stopped my shorty from wheeling off the line)

    Pete

  4. #4
    Baja-Forum Maniac steven370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken_678 View Post
    Thats my Full Mod ordered, I'll be a happy bunny when the post man does his rounds next week!

    Quick question though, I ordered the Full mod 7.5hp 30.5cc Long rod. With this beast I have just ordered the Turtle transmission case, Uber's ball drive & DDM's black magic hardened transmission gears.
    Anything else I will need to handle the additional torque?
    Also suggestions on pinion/spur gear ratios would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    yeah...A Losi,Simples

  5. #5
    Baja-Forum Maniac BajaDre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    steven your a letdown you used to be a hardcore baja basher what happened you soften up bud lol


    Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

  6. #6
    Advertiser Sonic@OBR-UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    gorey co wexford
    Posts
    9,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDre View Post
    steven your a letdown you used to be a hardcore baja basher what happened you soften up bud lol
    He is getting on a bit thats all
    19/55 on a longrod full mod works well

  7. #7
    Baja-Forum Maniac steven370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic@OBR-UK View Post
    He is getting on a bit thats all
    19/55 on a longrod full mod works well
    I still bash baja's hard...with the losi it eats baja's for breakfast!

  8. #8
    Baja-Forum Maniac BajaDre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Lol sonic

    good to hear steven


    Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

  9. #9
    Member broken_678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbajass View Post
    Have you got an upgraded clutch bell mount? If running stock plastic will fail very quick, as for spur/pinion combo with that engine you can run what you like, preferred would be 19 tooth pinion with 55 tooth spur gear and if it still has more to give you can go to 20/54 but this is harder to find (ran this on a 30.5 reed case and just about stopped my shorty from wheeling off the line)

    Pete
    I got the Turtle Clutch system so no plastic bits to fail.
    Ill try the 19/55 combo, should be fun...

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    durham
    Posts
    591

    Default Gearing

    I run 20 54 on my longrod shorty and it still wheelies on demand very easy to drive you soon learn how to keep control with you wheels in the air

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •