Thread: Help -Advice on dx4s dsmr

Default Help -Advice on dx4s dsmr

Hi I have a DX4S and a Baja 5BSC gas powered i am about to fit a srs4210 rec (AVC) in the instruction manual you do not bind in the normal (full brake and kill switch active ) way, when it is in bind mode you calibrate the rx and according to horizon the failsafe is set at the center point on the throttle servo IE the engine on idle if you loose tx power or signal - range after bind. I was told I can and intend to program button D on the tx to activate the kill switch manually. Is there a way that you know of programming the tx on the basis that the kill switch will kill the engine on loss of signal range etc especially in case of a runaway on a auto basis ? The truck has not been used or tested yet as i am awaiting del of a new digi servo for the steering system, i have also left a thread on the electonics section of the forum.

I also have a Losi 5T and Baja 5BSS they have a 3300t and the baja the new sr410dsmr rx fitted and the failsafe works as normal on both after bind ( full brake - engine killed ) the button D is also programmed to activate the kill switch on aux1 channel they both work as i have tested them .

There must be a way of doing this IE killing the engine and the boys on this forum said if anybody knows you will ........

Thanks in anticipation .......

I'm not sure about the AVC stuff. I think that feature uses up all 4 channels. So you may have to turn off the AVC. Then just do this.
    http://www.killerrc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1077

Default Advice DX4S

Thanks for your reply.
    Rung Spektrum (uk) they have informed me that to prog kill switch I have to use is aux2 because aux1 is is used to dial in - out degree of AVC using the dial switch but they don't give me the impression they fully know how to do it or if it will work ? I intend to try to activate the kill switch on aux 2 when i bind and then check it. I have also e mailed spektrum (usa) and had no reply,i am quite miffed that they haven't contacted me unless they don't know either ? I am aware that this system has only been out a short period of time but i would have thaught they would know how to do it. As I don't want to risk a 30+lb truck running away with me. However i will have a go over wk end and keep you posted.

Thanks Again ..........

Default Kill switch probs on dx4s -avc

Thanks for your reply...

Have fitted new savox servo and this wot I have found ...

The kill switch doe's not activate on the tx when turned off (prog on button 'D' on aux 2)the system fail safe goes automatically on bind to throttle servo in neutral pos (engine on idle) brakes off. The only time the engine will stop is when the rx is turned off simulating a dead battery (my kill switch is set to kill engine at 4.8 V). With avc turned off the aux 2 channel is then active so you can then use button 'D' to kill engine the fail safe will only put the throttle servo into the neutral pos. When avc is turned on the aux 1 is prog for turning the avc % up or down on dial switch and it works.

Can't seam to get me ed round to fact that if dial switch on aux 1 works, with kill switch plugged in aux 1 (prog to button 'D') it should work but it don't ??????

Run out of ideas know (spektrum uk don't know either).......

Thanks again........

Sorry. It just seems that when AVC is turned on the receiver never lets the kill switch "see" that a radio glitch is happening.