Thread: Anyone in the Galway Area

Default Anyone in the Galway Area

Looking for some good places / people to go bashing with in the Galway area. Anyone here have any recommendations?

Woah! It's been a while since anyone posted in the Irish section. We all kinda just died off it seems. I sold my baja a good while back now. I'm not familiar with anyone else who has one that way, but I'm sure there must be, they are likely just hiding! There's a good few others spotted around the country, most were around the Dublin area.

There was at a time a Galway Model Car Club. Whether it's still in existence or not is beyond me. Something like that would be a good place to start though. Even if they are running different scale like 1/8, it's likely they may have something similar or know of others who do. Model World Galway was another one, but again I'm not familiar with it or know if it's still around.

As for places to run, you've likely figured out that big open areas work best. Some of our favorite spots were heading out to the beaches! Great amounts of fun there, especially with a set of sand paddles. Even without the paddles it's always fun leaving rooster tails behind you.

Hope that helps a bit

ya think that's bad .. I must be the only c..t that has a Baja in n,ireland ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

In the woods with a dead body and a shovel.....

I still have my Baja,but it's sat in the Attic as there was nobody around the cork area to bash with .

Sean
    Irish Baja Bashers...The First Bash Group on Baja Forum UK...

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/s...r202009002.jpg

I'm in Kilkenny there is 2 of us here with baja's, but as said already I think the hobby is dying a death around the country.
    Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which I desire

In the woods with a dead body and a shovel.....

Quote Originally Posted by xXSILVERSTONEXx View Post
    I'm in Kilkenny there is 2 of us here with baja's, but as said already I think the hobby is dying a death around the country.
    The trouble is were too spread out around the country..

Sean
    Irish Baja Bashers...The First Bash Group on Baja Forum UK...

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/s...r202009002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcgrath48 View Post
    The trouble is were too spread out around the country..

Sean
    Like Irelands that big comapred to other countries haha just meesing with ya , Im in Bantry again im waiting on a clutch form Paul ,she should be running by the end of the week so will give you a shout if you want a bash next week or even the follwing weekend .
    Last edited by $HONO; 29-07-2014 at 20:02. Reason: Typo Lol

Quote Originally Posted by xXSILVERSTONEXx View Post
    Youd be surprised bud , I know at least 6-7(4 of which have Large scales ) that just arnt on this forum ,but since John's gone the rest of us arnt really good at getting things together
    Last edited by $HONO; 29-07-2014 at 19:35. Reason: Typo Again :lol:

Hi lads. Thanks for the reply. Been away for the past 2 weeks so only seeing now. It is a shame more are not up for a bit of bashing. I love heading out with mine but I can image it's more fun with a few other to bash with...

Haven't had it on the beach yet but want to. Have the paddles an all. Just need to find a beach that is big enough and not very populated. Don't think people in Salthill would appreciate the noise and smell of 2stroke like I do!!