Thread: HemiStorm Addict HPI Baja 5B bodyshell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Advertiser

Default HemiStorm Addict HPI Baja 5B bodyshell

HemiStorm Addict HPI Baja 5B bodyshell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvBKQ8C1T8A

Time to give the HPI Baja 5B a facelift! Back to the roots of this 5th scale icon with a brand new buggy style body. Made from 1.5mm of the finest polycarbonate available on the market, this 5 piece body comes with a clear overspray film and completely precut and predrilled, all ready to get painted!

Installation is easy.

Slide the side mounting pins on your HPI Baja 5B to the most outward position.

First mount the two oversized sidepods to the skidplate, as you would do with any of the existing buggy shells. Using the plastic studs and bodyclips the lower parts of the HemiStorm Addict body attach in the exact same way that you're familiar with. The front mounting points of the sidepods hook up around the front rollcage pins. Simply take off the plastic ring that sits there and slide the sidepods in place. Because of the additional length, the sidepods keep dust and debris away from crucial parts of your vehicle such as the clutch and pullstart. The additional width ensures sufficient cooling, and if you do want even more cooling there is always the option to cut the double vents on each side. The side pods on the HemiStorm Addict, although being larger, are less prone to damage. Underneath the skipplate there's a stepped line, allowing for that much needed extra ground clearance on rough terrain.

The nose piece installs just like the original one. Remove the lightpods on each end of the rollcage to slide the top lid in position. The main section of the body comes with an uncut fuel cap, to make the HemiStorm Addict an option for HPI Baja Flux owners as well. There's an indication line on the shell to show where to cut the fuel cap opening. Slide the front in first and secure all the pins. Two lines over the entire length of the main section integrate the two lightpods in the design of the body, modernizing it and giving it a fresh look for 2014. The pullstart is well-protected and the Addict has plenty of room to install an Outerwears prefilter without problems. The raised front makes it easier to run upgraded linkage setups or additional electronics.

The last part to install is the lightweight paintable roof. Undo the four screws, take off the stock aluminium roof piece and install the roof. The roof comes with four molded in raised lines, which act as a skid section in case of roll overs and add strength to the top of your Baja 5B.

Depending on your upgrades, mostly side pipes, extra trimming may be required.

Nice to see a good body option for the 5b Chris, new roof plate is a nice touch as well. Good to see you still releasing new bits for the baja

Senior Member Jim the Cosmic Goth's Avatar

this is looking awesome Hemi respect to you for providing such a great product can't wait to get my hands on one

I really like the design on the side pods/undertray

War, War never changes.

Looks awesome hemmy keep up the good work bro

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

i unfortunately have to retract my last post.

as much as i like the shape and that its only one of 3 options (the others being grafil and proline, don't know of any others other than stock) i simply can't justify the price of one at 79

http://abbotsrc.co.uk/Hemistorm-Addi...-P4953952.aspx

as i said, i really like this shell, but the proline at around 26 is a much more affordable shell by a very large margin, which is a great shame.
    War, War never changes.

You say that but look at the people such as myself that buy kraken cages or team chase etc then spend even more painting them or getting the custom wrapped, it's about individual styling and how you want your rc. You might not see the justification in 80 for a shell but I think I spent nearly 250 ish on mine lol

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderwolf View Post
    i unfortunately have to retract my last post.

as much as i like the shape and that its only one of 3 options (the others being grafil and proline, don't know of any others other than stock) i simply can't justify the price of one at 79

http://abbotsrc.co.uk/Hemistorm-Addi...-P4953952.aspx

as i said, i really like this shell, but the proline at around 26 is a much more affordable shell by a very large margin, which is a great shame.
    I'm a one man business, and this also makes it hard to be more competitive when it comes to pricing. If I want pricing to be more competitive I'll be forced to go the "China route", and I care too much about quality to do that. I do my very best to keep things as affordable as I can, and some of my personal decisions add to the price tag. For example the Addict being precut: Sure, being precut does add to cost, but there's a good reason behind it apart from cutting being a pain: I don't want to blame my customers "for cutting incorrect" in case of issues. Sure you can compare pricing to a (discontinued and therefor cheaper than ever) Proline shell, but for full comparison also throw in the undertray as the side pods on the Addict are as effective, yet less prone to damage. And perhaps a custom roofplate.

In the end, my products are not for everyone perhaps. Maybe just for a select few. Which is fine. Just know I went above and beyond to offer you a different option with more ease of use, whilst trying to keep it as affordable as I could. If you prefer an uncut shell, or one that looks like a shoe, there's plenty of other options out there.

Senior Member Jim the Cosmic Goth's Avatar

don't need to spend 1000's on a RC buggy but nearly everyone has managed to justify that... Lol

Who's ordered one??
    Mines gonna be here tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jim the Cosmic Goth View Post
    don't need to spend 1000's on a RC buggy but nearly everyone has managed to justify that... Lol
    i disagree.

its one thing to buy an rc, buying parts for it is something totally different.

i get alot of fun out of my baja, i only get to look at the shell, and only when its on the shelf (can't really make anything out when it driving around)
    War, War never changes.

Hemi, don't worry about it mate, there the bollox and I'm sure you'll be selling LOADS
    Ill deffo be having one

80 is nothing in the grand scheme of things on the cars

I'm sure I speak for everyone by say thanks for bringing something new to the table

Well done

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelOnly View Post
    Hemi, don't worry about it mate, there the bollox and I'm sure you'll be selling LOADS
    Ill deffo be having one

80 is nothing in the grand scheme of things on the cars

I'm sure I speak for everyone by say thanks for bringing something new to the table

Well done
    Thanks for the support! This has been a massive undertaking.

Baja-Forum Maniac

Thunderwolf, the gas cap part is not precut, exactly for your application (damn Llazaru beat me, I type too slow...)
    As for the pricing, anybody ever check the prices of the barndog panels on a tc cage, or the grafil virus for the same cage ?

Roughly double of this one, not even counting the price of the cage itself...
    I like this body a lot. If I still had a B, I would be sorely tempted (and knowin g myself would give in and buy one )

mine before sticker bombing it lol
    ATTACH=CONFIG]20136[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi dos this body come with decals

Quote Originally Posted by patriots-1 View Post
    Hi dos this body come with decals

No, I thought it did myself but no stickers apart from the Abbotts rc when U order it from there

Come across an issue, the far clip hole on the pull start side seems to be a tiny bit over size and dam awkward to fasten with clip, is that correct? If U leave clip out doesn't align. Ive tried several body plastic cap pin inserts and pop out too easy. You can still fit it with some patience is required
    Last edited by petebajauk; 26-10-2014 at 10:16.

Quote Originally Posted by petebajauk View Post
    Come across an issue, the far clip hole on the pull start side
    This was always awkward to fasten on the stock and pro-line shells too

image.jpgMy effort. Not sure where I'm putting my radio antenna though!image.jpgimage.jpg

Hi anyone got pics of their Hemi addict shell on their 5bs