Thread: Sunday feedback

Default Sunday feedback

Hi guys. Had a great time Sunday at Bournemouth. Met some nice people and it was good seeing a couple of brand new SS bajas on their first outings. They held up really well and were going well. Thought I'd give a little feed back to anyone thinking of going who hasn't been there before.

The track is quite technical and you won't be able to flat out as its not big enough and quite bumpy. Its also a dirt track so extremely dusty. Its extremely hard on your transmission so if you are going to go make sure you have a couple of spare plastic spur gears and an alloy clutch carrier. I don't suffer from this as I have a pcsc but a couple of people munched through a plastic spur gear while we were there. No problems though as we all had spares. Because of the dust make sure your air filter is well and truly oiled and carry a spare, or even a couple of spares. My car got to 2 tanks before it stopped running as the air filter was completely choked with dust. I had skimped a bit on the oiling of my air filter too and the dust had started to get through. If the car had not stopped because the air filter was so choked I might have caused some serious damage. I won't be making that mistake again and will be oiling my air filter much more. I would be looking at changing the air filter out every tank of fuel for the next time and I have ordered another 2 filters as spares that I will pre-oil and take with me. I am assuming that the poor running conditions of the car up to 2 tanks was attributed to the air filter getting and being choked. When I got back I just cleaned the carb (not stripped) and manifold and put it back on there and I still have lots of compression. Won't know if any damage caused till next run.

http://www.uberrc.com/product/270/

Hope you find this useful
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by biscuits; 29-09-2014 at 17:33.

hi andy

sorry i missed you on sunday was just to tired after the nightshift

glad you had a good time, hope the dust and track hasnt put you off coming again. we are hoping it will settle down after a whille and smooth out over time. we only had the digger for a short time and there was so much more area we wanted to clear but it was just me and barry at least its something we can improve on in the future more important its somewhere where we can go hassell free.

hope to see you soon and you are always welcome to use the area whenever you want

cheers sean

Nah, of course not. Can't wait for the next one. Just will be better prepared now. You have done some good work there. Yes it would be good to have a grassed area out of the way. But these are hard to come by. I am exploring a few places down my way this week and hopefully there might be some people that might be able to help. Maybe between us all we could have a few tracks between us.

sounds good to me and i know the other guys you met dont mind traverling places, barrys engine needs a rebuild he has lost all compression i did tell these boys to get filters outerwears etc they said nah seems like a waste of money for a bit of cloth bet they get them now.

Yes I know. The small body pin on the front of the air filter came out and the air filter came apart. Basically his engine was sucking in all the dust until it destroyed the engine. Hopefully its just the piston ring and not the bore. In conditions like that the outerwear's don't actually do anything at all to be honest. The dust just goes right through them. They are good for sand and that or muddy conditions but don't do anything at all in fine dust. You need to have a good oiled filter to stop it. I just didn't oil mine enough. And even if I had, I would have needed at least another one to keep the car running. I noticed tuning problems after 1 tank as it started to get full of dust. I still use outerwear's but only now in sand or muddy and wet conditions

Will be alright for the next run though. No problems
    Last edited by biscuits; 29-09-2014 at 23:32.