Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sandrail build

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I deff think it's the killer bee, when I think back the last time it ran the engine started miss firing a bit, i thought it was a fuel problem, but now I think it's the Killer bee, also noticed the start up sequence has changed, after I turn the radio on then turn the rail power on I used to get 6 peeps ( battery good ) then another sound for the fail safe, which I would have to reset with channel 3 on reciver then green led ready to go. Now after changing nothing I get 6 peeps ( battery ) then nothing else but I do get a green led but no spark. A bit ****ed off if it is the Killer bee that costs enough and I haven't even run the car properly yet. When I put the killer bee dip switches into override then I get spark and try's to fire. Except now I broke the fking pull starter, so I just threw the baja into the pond!!
    Same symptom's I was having before it packed up misfiring ect, not good with elecs so got the switchblade less to go wrong and does what I want it to do, im sure killer will sort you out if its faulty, hope your day gets better good luck

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

i have killer rc switches on both my hpi's, no problem so far, glad both you and paul (laz) put up about the fault thing ,
    it gives me and others an idea if we ever suffer a misfire/non starter,
    hope you get sorted martin , and i hope the pond was empty mate ,

edit: i know this might sound stupid martin, and not sure if this is possible without opening up the battery box (all my stuffs jammed in there and it took an age to get the lid shut).
    but, is it possible to plug the killer rc switch into the rx the wrong way round ?
    Last edited by spentallmymoneyagain; 17-05-2015 at 17:58.

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    i have killer rc switches on both my hpi's, no problem so far, glad both you and paul (laz) put up about the fault thing ,
    it gives me and others an idea if we ever suffer a misfire/non starter,
    hope you get sorted martin , and i hope the pond was empty mate ,

edit: i know this might sound stupid martin, and not sure if this is possible without opening up the battery box (all my stuffs jammed in there and it took an age to get the lid shut).
    but, is it possible to plug the killer rc switch into the rx the wrong way round ?
    Ive calmed down now Paul,

In answer to your question Paul! it was working fine, so if I had connected it the wrong way round I assume it would have been not working properly from the start. Anyway, I'm gonna get onto Killer Rc to see what they can do. Interesting that other Paul (Laz)switched to the switchblade It would be interesting to see how many guys are using Killer Bee and how many are using Switchblade and what they think, I shall open a new thread in the electronics section to see what the reaction is.

Also just saw at Abbottsrc that Killer have brought out a higher plastic lid for the hpi electronics box, giving more room, although 20 quid for a plastic lid is bit much

All the best

Martin

Martin

Default A bit of an update

Well no more breaking pull cords for me, I got the Killer Power starter fitted, works a treat, almost finished now just waiting for some dry weather then off to the beach.

Cheers

MartinPOWERSTART.jpgPOWERSTART2.jpg

looks awesome mate

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Default Finally at the beach

IMG_0436.jpgIMG_0435.jpg

Finally got to the beach. The sand was very fine and soft, the Sand Paddles kept digging in but I was pleased with the result no breakages.

Sorry about the crap video editing that takes me too long haven't got the patience.

Thanks for looking and all the help and advice

Martin
    Last edited by DJM; 14-06-2015 at 13:00.

Goes well Martin lighter clutch spring might stop it digging in so much

looks great martin ,
    whats next on the mod list ? wide extenders, wider arms for more stability ? , (i'm a big fan of wider arms cos i have a habit of putting mine on it's lid ),

[QUOTE=llazaru;375534]Goes well Martin lighter clutch spring might stop it digging

Thanks Paul,

Good tip! I was thinking of trying the clutch in the link, what do you think?

Cheers Martin

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/prod...fer-06-15.html
    Last edited by DJM; 14-06-2015 at 14:26.

[QUOTE=DJM;375542]
    Quote Originally Posted by llazaru View Post
    Goes well Martin lighter clutch spring might stop it digging

Thanks Paul,

Good tip! I was thinking of trying the clutch in the link, what do you think?

Cheers Martin

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/prod...fer-06-15.html
    Sorry not a clue on that one mate first time ive seen it only ran elcon and stock, stick with stock now as shoes etc to expensive for elcon for me

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    looks great martin ,
    whats next on the mod list ? wide extenders, wider arms for more stability ? , (i'm a big fan of wider arms cos i have a habit of putting mine on it's lid ),
    Thanks Paul

First I have got to learn to drive properly, this was for my son, he said I should take wider turns so not to flip it, a lot cheaper! I am already lining up my own project but first I got to save some pennies.

Cheers

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Thanks Paul

First I have got to learn to drive properly, this was for my son, he said I should take wider turns so not to flip it, a lot cheaper! I am already lining up my own project but first I got to save some pennies.

Cheers

Martin
    i know what you mean martin, i had planned on having a big pile of parts and a load of tubing by now to start a rail build, but everything else in life seems to have got very expensive just lateley ,
    it will happen one day ( hopefully this year ) though ,