Thread: Do Midland Bashers hibernate for teh winters?

Default Do Midland Bashers hibernate for teh winters?

Why no bashing?

Have you seen the weather today, any one visiting Aldridge today guys? It would be good to meet up if anyone is interested.

I not finished my shorty build yet and won't be out till ground dries up some

In response to the title.........yes I do
    Last edited by Marder; 11-01-2015 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Marder View Post
    I not finished my shorty build yet and won't be out till ground dries up some

In response to the title.........yes I do
    Its my first year in the hobby done some reading on why things go quiet, cold can affect plastic strengh, people stripping and rebuilding for spring, theres probably a whole boat load of reasons, and come next winter I will probably be sailing a similar boat.

I have been in touch with Bill and were hoping to get a few together on the 1st feb in Hinckley, Bills found some fields opposite his new pub. My shorty is nearly finished and my SC is ready to go. Fingers crossed for good weather. Also roll on summer for some good days. We havnt ruled Aldridge out all together yet though. It stil takes some beating with its nice short grass

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    I have been in touch with Bill and were hoping to get a few together on the 1st feb in Hinckley, Bills found some fields opposite his new pub. My shorty is nearly finished and my SC is ready to go. Fingers crossed for good weather. Also roll on summer for some good days. We havnt ruled Aldridge out all together yet though. It stil takes some beating with its nice short grass
    Keep me posted on any events coalminer if you dont mind me tagging along, I look forward to it.

Sure will mate

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    Not wishing to be a kill joy but the only thing to be aware of with the fields (Clarendon Park) is that there covered in football pitches and as such footballers on a Sunday. I know because my team trains there on a Saturday morning. Clubs pay a lot of money to the council to rent them and wouldnt go down well if they were damaged. Been there myself and been asked to stop on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Not wishing to be a kill joy but the only thing to be aware of with the fields (Clarendon Park) is that there covered in football pitches and as such footballers on a Sunday. I know because my team trains there on a Saturday morning. Clubs pay a lot of money to the council to rent them and wouldnt go down well if they were damaged. Been there myself and been asked to stop on more than one occasion.

Well that don't sound too promising, looks like Aldridge it is then even tho we shouldn't be
    there either

Quote Originally Posted by Marder View Post
    Well that don't sound too promising, looks like Aldridge it is then even tho we shouldn't be
    there either
    oh well, move along, nothing to see here

My baja hasn't seen the light of day in months. I've gotten into quadcopters now and have just built a 250 sized quad which I'm going to be using for FPV racing.

I'll be out again with the Baja when the weather picks up, but with the quad, so long as it's dry and not too windy, I can fly it anywhere without any worry of being moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    My baja hasn't seen the light of day in months. I've gotten into quadcopters now and have just built a 250 sized quad which I'm going to be using for FPV racing.

I'll be out again with the Baja when the weather picks up, but with the quad, so long as it's dry and not too windy, I can fly it anywhere without any worry of being moved on.
    Would be good to see you again Chris, you'll be needing a GoPro on that quad so that you can aerial film us messing about

It's got a Mobius on there, which is the same kind of thing as a GoPro. Yeah, I'll definitely bring it down with me.

Default Hinkley

Rushie
    3 teams have folded since I been here
    My locals kids play on 2 of them
    Back field I was on about
    Been on playing pitches every week warden uses my pub on about (tez)

I'm up for a thrash about! Has any body been to the lickey hills spot near Bromsgrove? me and my son have just been bashing around the farm where i work could do with a get together soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan168 View Post
    I'm up for a thrash about! Has any body been to the lickey hills spot near Bromsgrove? me and my son have just been bashing around the farm where i work could do with a get together soon!
    Hi there, where is this place you speak of? I normally go to cofton park which is not apreciated by all those walking their autonomose barking machines.

Hello bud I've heard of people going to the lickey hills but not sure where it is though!

Can anyone else give us a shout to where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by ginge1975 View Post
    Can anyone else give us a shout to where it is?
    I know where the lickeys are but not where to bash.