Thread: 1st of feb sunday Aldridge

Default 1st of feb sunday Aldridge

is there any one out sunday over Aldridge 4 a bash if the weathers okay

I'm in London on Sunday so can't make it but will be sorting my cars out before the bashfest and be making an appearance again soon

Quote Originally Posted by baja cal View Post
    is there any one out sunday over Aldridge 4 a bash if the weathers okay
    omg finally, if you don't mind me tagging along i can be there, not bothered about the weather just need to bash with other like minded fellows.

I had plans to go down to Bills place sat/sunday for a bash but had to call it off due to me taking the wifes car apart into a squillion peices.

Any how, hope 2015's going to be a great year for us all to get back on the scene, I have the newly rebuilt 32 shorty now plus the newly built 5sc as a stand by to go at.
    weathers still a bit soggy at the moment, I remember this time last year we bashed at Aldridge this happened...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ginge1975 View Post
    omg finally, if you don't mind me tagging along i can be there, not bothered about the weather just need to bash with other like minded fellows.
    me and my dad will there so more than wecome to come along

Quote Originally Posted by tyntin View Post
    I'm in London on Sunday so can't make it but will be sorting my cars out before the bashfest and be making an appearance again soon
    hope see you soon

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    I had plans to go down to Bills place sat/sunday for a bash but had to call it off due to me taking the wifes car apart into a squillion peices.

Any how, hope 2015's going to be a great year for us all to get back on the scene, I have the newly rebuilt 32 shorty now plus the newly built 5sc as a stand by to go at.
    weathers still a bit soggy at the moment, I remember this time last year we bashed at Aldridge this happened...
    its half the fun cleaning them

every time I see those pics SI it makes me cringe .. how the fk did you clean that and when you were out did you think oh dear this is going to be bad when I get in ??
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    every time I see those pics SI it makes me cringe .. how the fk did you clean that and when you were out did you think oh dear this is going to be bad when I get in ??
    The grass was wet this particular day, it had been raining for days before. Many turned out for a bash and after 10 mins of running I started to think to myself this is gunna get messy, but the car was running great and so was everyone elses, so we all thought fk it carry on. it was brilliant fun at the time, but I knew the dredded clean up was to follow. The field turned out to be a mud bath. When I got home I didnt know where to start with it.

All the bearings were gonners and it took weeks to get it right again.

I will never do that again for sure, although the running in the mud was a fantastic time

See ya there guys

I'll be there 4 bout half past 1

Cold but great run on Sunday, thanks guys. Some B4 & After shots...

Before.jpg After.jpg After2.jpg

Cant wait for the next one

Cold but great run on Sunday, thanks guys. Some B4 & After shots...

Before.jpg After.jpg After2.jpg

Cant wait for the next one
    fk me your gonna enjoy cleaning that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Told ya things could get messy didnt I haha. Make sure you lube those wheel bearings Mark or they will be fkd in a few days

Told ya things could get messy didnt I haha. Make sure you lube those wheel bearings Mark or they will be fkd in a few days
    Ya did mate and its all part if the fun, cleaned her up as soon as I got home with the hose pipe, hair dryer and lube. After an hour with the hose my hands were like blocks of ice lol. Rolled the bearings daily since and all seems well. Only damage from the day was a break caliper pin falling out - perfect excuse for a vertigo upgrade from saj at mmr.

Ya did mate and its all part if the fun, cleaned her up as soon as I got home with the hose pipe, hair dryer and lube. After an hour with the hose my hands were like blocks of ice lol. Rolled the bearings daily since and all seems well. Only damage from the day was a break caliper pin falling out - perfect excuse for a vertigo upgrade from saj at mmr.
    I cant comment on the Vertigo brake upgrade as never had one, but I do have Turtle one piece caliper/mounts on both my bajas and although I do not rate all TR stuff I can highly recommend the caliper/mount, used along with an RCR disc/pad set up, you will never have to touch your brakes again.

I can honestly say its been one of my most satisfying upgrades

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/gt25xxx.html
    http://abbotsrc.co.uk/RCR-Brake-Upgr...-P3214687.aspx
    Last edited by coalminer; 05-02-2015 at 09:40.

I cant comment on the Vertigo brake upgrade as never had one, but I do have Turtle one piece caliper/mounts on both my bajas and although I do not rate all TR stuff I can highly recommend the caliper/mount, used along with an RCR disc/pad set up, you will never have to touch your brakes again.

I can honestly say its been one of my most satisfying upgrades

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/gt25xxx.html
    http://abbotsrc.co.uk/RCR-Brake-Upgr...-P3214687.aspx
    I have the TR tranny plate with one piece cover and recently added the RCR kit, i left the stock plastic brake mount on and think it may have heated up and spat out a pin, (guys this was the rattle i heard on Sunday) so added this to finish the brakes off http://www.shoprc.com/vertigoaluminu...forbaja5b.aspx the RCR ones are the s**t tho .