Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    And also my tyre rack and cones turned up, very handy for me having limited storage places, these can go out of the way and free up space on the bench... Looks neat too in my opinion!

where did ya get tyre stand and axel stands from?
    "It's not what you drive it's how you drive!"

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calibra306 View Post
    where did ya get tyre stand and axel stands from?
    Tyre rack from China on eBay, if you have a quick search you'll find loads, all various sizes. colours, styles etc...
    6 Ton Chubbys came from Tower Hobbies inside another order, but the cheapest place I found is here; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-C...25.m3641.l6368

I'm not sure why this video has a border round it... My license has just expired today on my video editing software so that might be why.
    Either way, here is the latest video from me, with my SCX10 at Williamson Park, my Dad driving the Scout but I didn't get very much footage due to the camera battery going flat.
    Please feel free to check out my other videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCfWtvdJaUk

Another day out with the SCX10, this time running 3s for a change.
    I definitely prefer 3s in this enviroment, quite enjoyed it actually, I'll be sticking with 3s for the time being.
    RC4WD 35T motor, HobbyWing 1060 brushed ESC, Ace DS 1015 servo, Castle 10a BEC, Turnigy 2200 3s 20-30C, Spektrum SR410/DX4C, just in case anyone was interested in the current electric specs.
    Please feel free to subscribe/comment/like and all that good stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mjo...ature=youtu.be

Well, after a lot of miles of abuse without being fully serviced, coupled with two stripped gearbox gears after moving to 3s, I decided it was time for a complete rebuild on the SCX10.
    She has run through just about everything, very hot days, rain, snow, hailstones, mud and everything in between.
    She still remains my absolute favourite RC ever and as such, I have bought her a few treats.
    I received the last of the parts today so cracked on.
    New Axial steel gears for the new GPM tranny case, RCBearings complete bearing set, new SSD upper links, new slipper mount, fresh spur and pinion.
    I also received the GCM shock relocation kit and shocks I'd been waiting for, but unfortunately, they don't fit the SCX10 axle housings, I will keep hold of them for now, because I've been toying with the idea of buying an Ascender for quite a while, I'm very interested to see how it'd run up against my SCX10, but more on that another day!
    I'm currently searching for a fresh shell too, I think it's time to put this Jeep one into retirement, it's had a hard life and it'll stay on the shelf as soon as I find a replacement I like.
    I destroyed one of the bearings on the inside of the knuckles (both in fact) and the outer rings of the bearings stayed in there and won't come out
    But it's a good excuse to buy a replacement, so I have had to go back to stock plastic on the knuckles, until I can justify spending more money, rather disappointing but their is some play in these knuckles now, so they would be getting replaced soon enough, possibly with SSD Pro c hubs and knuckles or might just order the Vanquish stage one kit.

One of many destroyed bearings.

Really nice quality case, quite surprised me, bearings slotted in nice and smoothly and the finish feels good... Very promising.

Lets get the axles rebuilt.

Looking rather sorry for herself, waiting to be rebuilt lol!

And she's done... Everything is nice and smooth now, I also decided to put a camera mount on the bonnet, I've given it a very small test in the garden and it's not too bad.
    Although my shocks are set quite firm, so I might put the Icons back on from time to time because they should absorb some of the roughness.
    We'll see
    Also currently looking at the SSD D60 axle housings, they look quite tasty and I'm not a fan of alloy for axle housings, one scratch and they look like crap.

Here is a two part video, testing the onboard camera.
    I think it came out quite well.
    Feel free to subscribe and all that good stuff, my channel seems to have hit a bit of a wall and isn't progressing much so I'd thoroughly appreciate some new subscribers and viewers!

Part one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKD4Su-V_C4

Part two; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUQ...ature=youtu.be

Not had this out for quite a while (sadly ) but I did decide to treat her to some new tyres, so bought some 1.9 Pitbull Growlers.

Took a few comparison photos compared to the Rok Lox I took off her.

First shots are without foams, second shots are all mounted with stock 2 stage foams in the Growlers and some Crawler Innovations in the Rok Lox.

Gave her a little test run in the garden, not exactly an in depth test, but they seem to handle really rather nicely and I'm certainly looking forward to getting a proper run in with them on

Also digging the slightly increased ride height, the more aggressive tread and the overall look of them.

I got chance to test out the Growlers today, it was another good opportunity for some more film testing too, so here's some pictures and footage from the day.
    I don't think I've done enough testing to give my personal opinion of the Growlers, but so far, not really lived up to the 'hype' they certainly are okay, but for anything other than rocks, they get stuck an awful lot and my Rok Lox (which ironically, are great on rocks too) hook up much nicer.
    I didn't manage to get through any of the mud unaided, even though my Rok Lox would have done and have done many times.
    Despite being a taller tyre, I still felt I got stuck more often than with my Rok Lox, following very similar lines as what I have done in this area before.
    Will hopefully get to Williamson Park with the truck soon, as I've run my Rok Lox in there much much more and will be able to see how these perform on different surfaces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-78m...ature=youtu.be

Took the SCX10 for some more tyre testing yesterday, primarily there to run the boats but chucked it in the car as well to test on some good rocks.
    It certainly surprised me how well it performed.
    These tyres are definitely good, my previous disappointment maybe a combination of not using them on the right terrain, plus high expectations, and many others, I'm not really sure, but they definitely grip well on the rocks.
    These are stock two stage foams, no wheel weights, no additives, I'm running Losi comp crawler shocks, which definitely help.
    I am looking forward to getting some more run time on these, especially on the rocks, so expect more videos!
    Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4A...ature=youtu.be

Well my baby hasn't had a run out for many months now sadly.
    That changed yesterday *stretched her legs a bit in the quarry, really enjoyable, I so easily forget how damn good this thing is... If I was ever homeless and living under a bridge somewhere, this thing would be in a box right next to me!
    Here's some pictures I took along the way *enjoy!

Bit of footage with my SCX10 here... First part is my 6 y/o nephew, this is his first time even holding a transmitter, after 2 or 3 minutes of getting used to the throttle, he was driving it as good as me!!
    This is only a small bit of his driving I filmed on my phone, but I'd be really interested to see how he does with his own, if I can find a nice cheap stock one for him to use, he has some issues and as such, has a very short attention span and gets angry very easily, but he really enjoyed this run, so fingers crossed I find one and we might get some side by side running**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVeJ...ature=youtu.be