Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Little more done this evening.
    Felt like getting a bit creative today, so got the styrene out and made some stands, no flat spots for my tyres, thanks
    Also started work on a box to house the little 2s that powers the winch, hopefully Gaz can make me a steel one for a bit more security, unsure what to do with regards to a lid... If I even add one, might just dunk the entire LiPo in Plastidip

Made the battery box slightly bigger, so the LiPo actually fits (DERP) should have checked it while making it!
    Anyway, pretty happy, it looks a bit of a mess but it's actually pretty simple, just very long wires.
    Really really happy with the outcome of this truck so far, especially with the weight up front, I'm able to keep the LiPo at the back, which is what I wanted, I do tend to prefer a bit more weight up front, but running like this, should enable the perfect weight distribution for my needs.
    The mounting points for the rx box are also just the perfect height for clearing the servo, bonus

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

looks good mate but how much more stuff are you gonna cram in there ?
    hope you left room for the kitchen sink ,
    seriousley though, i like the idea of the whole building to a proper scale, but i'm more of a thrash it and trash it person not so much slow speed stuff,
    just out of curiosity (and probably dumbness), whats the small thing on the front end that looks like a bomb timer ,

Really enjoy trailing I've just redone my d90 scx10 image.jpg I'm gettin the new ascender soon as I sell ny wraith as that's up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    looks good mate but how much more stuff are you gonna cram in there ?
    hope you left room for the kitchen sink ,
    seriousley though, i like the idea of the whole building to a proper scale, but i'm more of a thrash it and trash it person not so much slow speed stuff,
    just out of curiosity (and probably dumbness), whats the small thing on the front end that looks like a bomb timer ,
    As much as I need lol, although that's pretty much it for wiring and such, I've got my fully operational winch, which is controlled by a wireless remote, got my 3rd channel lights and my BEC, so it's about done there really.
    Also, I'm not really building this to be scale, I have a new project awaiting to be released from customs to go full 'scale' will be kept under wraps for now.
    That's just a LiPo buzzer mate, you plug it into the balance lead and it monitors the whole pack voltage and each cell, then it beeps when you reach the voltage you set it to buzz at, basically so your LiPos don't go below their safety voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jase1987 View Post
    Really enjoy trailing I've just redone my d90 scx10 image.jpg I'm gettin the new ascender soon as I sell ny wraith as that's up for sale
    Very nice chap, I'll post a picture below of my SCX10 D90 and my Wraith
    As mentioned above, I also have another on the way lol, can't wait to get it, it's the same feeling as when I got my first Baja, something I have looked at several times and really fancied buying but took my time about doing it lol.

Inner fenders done.

quick guess on what your waiting for

G-MADE R1 ????

Just sold my wraith as I didnt use it I'm getting the vattera ascender the week end and are u on the Facebook sites for these mate like the uksc and mmrc 1s

Not a Gmade R1 no... Funnily enough I have been tempted to grab one of those from MS though lol... That'll happen sometime down the line I think.
    I'm on a few of them mate aye, I don't really 'do' much Facebooking though to be honest, mainly for buying and selling.

Received a couple of packages today, second one was just the 35T HD Tekin motor, first one was this one.

Got cracking

Decent amount more lock when comparing dog bones to the CVD's, very glad I took Gaz's advice and got these... No more binding and better lock!

Lockouts are nice and tight, certainly not going anywere

And most important bit, new wheelnutz y0!

So my first impressions of the Boom Racing gear I'm currently using.
    The shocks I like a lot, they're nice, I only wish I was better at building bottom filled shocks, so they were a bit more even in compression, but that's something I will have to live with.
    The knuckles, c hubs and lockouts feel very nice quality, especially for the money, I've had Vanquish stuff before as well, so I know what quality feels like.
    The lockouts are tight to fit which can only be a bonus as far as I'm concerned, the tighter the better (not to the point of cracking the axle housings or anything)
    One thing I will mention, the bushings for the knuckles provided are a touch tight for my liking, so I used the standard Axial ones from the plastic knuckles.
    Not sure if that's a one off, or just a slight lapse in design.
    Either way, it's a couple of pence item, so I'm not fussed.
    Will report back more after I've given them a good beating on the trails, but thus far, I'm happy with them.

Here's some pictures and video from the outing today anyway... Not amazing, but first attempt.

Plus it was really cold and pretty windy so had to be careful were I set the camera up!

And my overall personal favourite of this RC.

And here's a bit of footage, hope you like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYa...ature=youtu.be

Took the SC10 and the SCX10 up to my friends today, seeing as the Baja is out of action until I can be bothered to repair it.
    After the SC10 started playing up I decided to give the SCX10 a little blast round the field, few piles of rocks and such and a lovely stream running through one of his fields too.
    Took my camera as well but took a flat battery! So had to just get a few snaps with my phone.

Then when his Trophy batteries ran out right up the other end of the field, I went to save his legs the walk...

So I haven't had this out for a proper run for a little while which is a shame, it's such a fun rig to drive and abuse, I was pretty wound up this morning in a dispute with Wheelspin Models, so anyway, I decided this would get a thrashing today
    Glad I did, I had almost forgotten exactly how fun this is.
    I simply love it, getting wet, muddy and generally hoonin'!
    Towards the end when going through the deeper water, I lost steering one way, would go full lock left and nothing right.
    Picked it up gave it a few drops from about 2ft, hit the throttle... Perfect lol, got to love it when it's just mud or a stone stuck and not an electrical gremlin.
    Got some pictures along the way of course... So, enjoy

have you done something else to it ? it looks different somehow,
    and yet another person having problems with wheelspin models ,

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    have you done something else to it ? it looks different somehow,
    and yet another person having problems with wheelspin models ,
    No winch now mate and the front bumper is tucked tight in to the body.
    Aside from that it's the same sooo much nicer to drive without the weight of the winch, box and LiPo, not to mention better for steep stuff without the bumper hanging 3" out lol.
    Surprised you noticed
    Well, I can't definitely put them at fault, but I sent a faulty motor back to them about a month ago, they've claimed they've not received it.
    But we all know that 9/10 cases of people claiming stuff hasn't been received is just a scam, unless a van/wagon/plane crashes, then 99.99% of deliveries make it, not always on the estimated day, but they always do.
    I sent it First Class, should have got it recorded, but was sending a load of different stuff and just asked for First on them all without thinking.
    Apparently it's not the first time a return has 'gone missing' and also people have told me they've lost things before.
    And apparently theirs like a little area they tend to put stuff that's been returned and often it piles up and piles up and then eventually it's cleared... This is coming from people who visit the shop and witness it first hand too.
    Plus when I ring, they don't seem willing to actually go and search for the item, I just get told 'theirs nothing been put on the order'... Well no their won't be if no f---er has unpacked it
    So yeah I'm pretty irritated at being nearly 50 in the hole and theirs nothing I can do about it
    Oh well, super happy with how my rigs are running at the moment, so I can't really complain, I'll have to take it on the chin and never place an order with them again no matter how desperate I am.

i've only ever had delivery problems with em, ie: the old order sommat thats in stock and then get the dreaded email that it's now on back order,
    or the special order stuff that takes over a month to turn up,
    some of there stuff is reasonably priced, but compared to other places some of it is way over the top on price,

I only ordered from there because it was the only place in the UK selling the Tekin motor I wanted.
    I wish I hadn't bothered.
    Oh well, ragged the arse off the Baja today so that's good lol.

Another play out today, initially took the SC10 out, but after 2 minutes I hit a puddle and it jut stopped dead, not sure if it's ESC or rx, pretty sure it's ESC, no matter though.
    Good thing I had my SCX10 in my bag
    Whilst I grabbed the SCX10 out of my bag, I almost stepped on this little fellow, so decided to grab a few pictures of him just walking along the trail.
    Also had a weird noise whilst on the way round but ploughed on anyway, thought it was mud in the motor, but got back and realised it was a wheel/axle bearing, so decided to give it a good strip down and a bit of a service, fresh bearings and grease all round, ready for tomorrow!