Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

After taking the cage off this today to do some bodyshell repairs, I gave it a good wash (cleanish) and decided the rear does look a bit plain, especially when it's clean, so I decided to go back for the netted look.
    I've also started work on a toolbox for it, like the Gelande 2, it will be fully functional and locking.
    It is a bit bigger than the G2's, so not sure what to carry yet, more than likely just body clips, a few nuts and bolts, maybe some hexes etc... We shall see what will fit!

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

tool box looks great, especially the hinges ,
    hope your open to suggestions about the rear end ,
    how about a chunkier rear bumper, more solid to match the front, would look great with front and rear skid plates but can't really see how you could fasten em on or make em look right cos of the gap to the diffs/axles,
    how about rear light guards as well, like a wire surround that bends around the body a bit,
    not criticising your car by the way, just trying to put ideas in your head ,

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    tool box looks great, especially the hinges ,
    hope your open to suggestions about the rear end ,
    how about a chunkier rear bumper, more solid to match the front, would look great with front and rear skid plates but can't really see how you could fasten em on or make em look right cos of the gap to the diffs/axles,
    how about rear light guards as well, like a wire surround that bends around the body a bit,
    not criticising your car by the way, just trying to put ideas in your head ,
    Always open to ideas fella... The light surrounds is a very neat idea, I'm sure I could throw something together in styrene for those.
    I'll have to see about a design of some kind.
    The rear bumper will stay as is for the moment, I don't want something overly chunky on the rear, because it adds weight.
    The battery is at the rear and at the moment it's got a very slight bias to the front, with the addition of the toolbox and bits inside, it should be about perfect.
    But comments and ideas are always more than welcome fella
    Quite proud of this build actually, I know I haven't done much to it, but it must be liked because it's the new cover page for the biggest Axial owners groupd on Facebook, almost 22,000 people in it

Well I'm a tad annoyed, done all the work on this toolbox and I completely let it slip my mind that the SCX10 runs bodyclips and not screws in the side.
    Can't put anything in the back that I can actually access, it would have to be tiny and no functioning, which I might make just for looks.
    For now, this toolbox has found a place on the bed of the TF2's Hilux.
    Keep putting it up for sale then don't want to part with it

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    Well I'm a tad annoyed, done all the work on this toolbox and I completely let it slip my mind that the SCX10 runs bodyclips and not screws in the side.
    Can't put anything in the back that I can actually access, it would have to be tiny and no functioning, which I might make just for looks.
    For now, this toolbox has found a place on the bed of the TF2's Hilux.
    Keep putting it up for sale then don't want to part with it
    oops , never mind mate, keep making stuff though cos people like me find it very intresting ,

as for getting rid of the hilux, just keep it, you can never have too many rc's ,
    in the 30 years i've been into rc, i've never ever sold one, used em to destruction and used parts for other stuff, but never sold one

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    oops , never mind mate, keep making stuff though cos people like me find it very intresting ,

as for getting rid of the hilux, just keep it, you can never have too many rc's ,
    in the 30 years i've been into rc, i've never ever sold one, used em to destruction and used parts for other stuff, but never sold one
    With the messing about I've had from Wheelspin with them losing my motor and refusing to properly search the shop for it, and my electrics dying in my SC10, I could have used the money to be honest, but I've had it packed up once with payment received for it, but when packing it up I just couldn't let it go.
    We'll see what happens, I certainly want to get this toolbox finished and put in anyway
    Theirs something about me which very very few people actually know, and it's the real reason behind why I go through so many models, but I don't really want to discuss it out in the open

I went for a run with this yesterday, I planned on staying out a while so took two packs with me, almost 5 hours later I was back home, really really good run, went somewhere a bit further into the quarry also, it's a never ending cralwers paradise quite frankly, such a great place to play!
    I also got a nice panorama view from were I sat for a few minutes and just relaxed, this only shows a very small portion even as a panorama, but you get the idea you'll be best clicking the panorama shot and getting it full sized.
    Only one breakage from the day and that was a bolt came out from one of the knuckles, no matter, stick another one in and off you go

Had a little run today, it poured down all night and this morning, but it perked right up mid-afternoon so I thought it'd be rude not to go and get the G6 muddy
    Did a little video too, you'll have to forgive it's imperfections, it's hard holding a big heavy DLSR while driving the truck and trying not to fall down the banking that was right beside me
    I have ordered an action camera though, primarily for my Baja, but it should also serve me well in filming my crawlers and scalers too, so expect more footage in future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHZ...ature=youtu.be

Got it muddy, but not to worry, the joys of fully waterproof RC's, chuck it in the bath

lmao ''dan, what are you doing in the bathroom''
    '' nothing mum'' ,

Easiest way of cleaning them... At least I swilled the bath out lol.

Had another play out with this today, performed excellent as always.
    Decided to have a little play on some rocks and some crawlery stuff today.
    Then at the end I had a play in a sand pit LOL!