Thread: Coupler!

Default Coupler!

Hello Dave! Brought a second hand DDM Dominator pipe at Bashfest and the silcone pipe used to stop it leaking is lnt tight enough to do the job. Can I buy a new coupler from you? If so could you pop up a link for it? Thanks (:

Scotland, somewhere between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Try putting a couple of jubilee clips on instead of the cable ties, that should cure it

In thinking this coupler could be abit too big Martyn, not to sure.. Il give that ago thought the week if not Il order one from DDM, thanks alot guys!

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

if you just want the coupler mate, abbots rc have em in stock 1.89 each, it would save the wait from ddm in the states ,

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    if you just want the coupler mate, abbots rc have em in stock 1.89 each, it would save the wait from ddm in the states ,
    Spot on, if jubilee clips dont cure my problem I think Il have to do that, may order one anyways at that price as a spare wouldn't go a miss 😁

Have read some good reports on the coupler link Bigandy has posted above, personally would not use jubilee clips as they eat through the rubber when warmed up

I have also just those in the link, I have had to use jubilee clips myself in the past but this time round tie wraps have worked.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Quote Originally Posted by llazaru View Post
    Have read some good reports on the coupler link Bigandy has posted above, personally would not use jubilee clips as they eat through the rubber when warmed up

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    I have also just those in the link, I have had to use jubilee clips myself in the past but this time round tie wraps have worked.
    I think I'm gonna jubilee clip it untill the weekend, then order one of them couplers BigAndy posted, just purely because I have an early finish today.. That means over the road, in the field and abit of tuning as I set everything back to factory last night 😁

Quote Originally Posted by llazaru View Post
    I have been using these stepped couplers for ages and find they do the job perfectly, use with cable ties and they last very well and are easy to get on

jubliee clips will destroy the coupler with the vibration, just use cable ties, looks neater, lasts for ages, easy to replace .... less weight

Balls, my coupler wont even jubilee up and I dont get paid untill weekend, looks like no running this weekend ):

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    Balls, my coupler wont even jubilee up and I dont get paid untill weekend, looks like no running this weekend ):
    coupler hose on my dom never had anything on it till yesterday (cable tied now) all it ever did was weep a tad ,

Ive ran mine I would day 4-5 tanks since I brought it and its coated the back of the engine and top of the diff in greasy sutt ): Dont think I've got anyone local who sells silicone hose aswell

Ive ran mine I would day 4-5 tanks since I brought it and its coated the back of the engine and top of the diff in greasy sutt ): Dont think I've got anyone local who sells silicone hose aswell
    A good motor factors should sell silicon hose by the metre ,3/4 of an inch internal diameter is what you require

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/forumdis...Fruitbat-Parts

Now on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594860060733732/

Quote Originally Posted by rs fruitbat View Post
    A good motor factors should sell silicon hose by the metre ,3/4 of an inch internal diameter is what you require
    Will 19mm (3/4 of an inch) really squash down enough to fit onto the 15/16mm manifold?

Not sure what size the pipe is, but if you just need tube then the eBay seller sells 16mm tube. If you need a reducer then he also sells 16-19 tighter fit the better, I now use mole grips to hold the tie wrap then pilers to really push it tight you can get another few clicks on the locking part.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Luckily mother came to the rescue and brought me a silicone reducer pipe for my Dom + she's paid for next day delivery.. As she has saved this weekends bashing bacon I best run a hoover round or somthing

Will 19mm (3/4 of an inch) really squash down enough to fit onto the 15/16mm manifold?
    Yep works on my Dom exhaust

Flywheel lightening service, manufacturer of ,baja cage risers,piston stops ,H/D spring perches for Standard shocks and IRC shocks ,rear cuffs ,spiked wheel nuts for the baja and losi 5ive ,general machining offered for all your baja needs pm for details

http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/forumdis...Fruitbat-Parts

Now on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1594860060733732/

Quote Originally Posted by rs fruitbat View Post
    Yep works on my Dom exhaust
    Once in abit more flush I may have to experiment with the 19mm, atleast if it doesn't work for me it can be donated to you