Thread: Pinions.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Default Pinions.

Just thought I'd ask, is anyone using the I-RC spurs with a stock pinion?
    On Rob's site it says it doesn't work, but he doesn't seem to sell pinions..
    I've stripped 7 Hostile spurs and it's getting on my t!ts now, so need another option and don't want steel.

Can't help but before I went steel I was advised to try those and was never in stock, May last longer but how long and I think they was quite expensive so will soon mount up.
    You don't want steel I've never looked back since having steel but maybe the PCSC then.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

I don't want a PCSC either, it's nothing to do with the grounds I'm running on, I always get my spurs from the same place so my first assumption is theirs a batch of weak ones.
    My stock HPI and KM spurs have run on the same grounds with the same engine and set up and took it like champions, never broken one :/ these Hostile ones are like cheese.

I can understand why people shy away from steel, but if you've seen mine they don't brake and are way way thinner than they started out at.
    Flat out landings has seen nothing brake, they don't wear out ever on a baja not that I've seen anyway and some of my bros are over 3 years old now and he does not use a gear cover.

I did have my 20T and 30 gears shatter into many bits, but that could have been the pin snapping.
    Upgraded just those two to HPI HD and left the 48 stocker in has this was fine, the only other thing is I went with a 19t.
    No advising you go steel JMO and my take on it, but up the power and weak point arise so fitting steel may find another weak point if you have any.
    Also clearly depends on driving style lol plenty run plastic and don't have issues.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.