Thread: DDM wheel scrapers

Default DDM wheel scrapers

Anyone running these? Are they effective or do they just gather the grass instead of the wheels?
    https://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/dd...5b-5t-5sc.html

Quote Originally Posted by coolas4k View Post
    Anyone running these? Are they effective or do they just gather the grass instead of the wheels?
    https://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/dd...5b-5t-5sc.html
    My honest opinion is they are just a gimmick and as you say just transfere the crap plus if they get bent you run the risk of damaging your tyres.
    I love the smell of two stroke in the morning

They are balls. Throw them in the bin

Just dig your wheels out every now and then and accept they get full of mud.

What are worth fitting are crap deflectors to the front of your rear lower a-arms to help stopping grass getting wrapped around your drive shafts and hubs. You ban buy them or make your own. Or you could fit hemiboots
    Last edited by biscuits; 25-05-2015 at 13:56.

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post

What are worth fitting are crap deflectors to the front of your rear lower a-arms to help stopping grass getting wrapped around your drive shafts and hubs. You ban buy them or make your own. Or you could fit hemiboots

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post

Yeah I've bought and fitted a set of those and to be fair they're brilliant. Even when the grass has built up heavily around the pipe, engine and wheels, the drive shafts are surprisingly clear which can only be a good thing because I've heard grass around the driveshafts can damage bearing and boots

cool thing

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

To be fair, they're so close to the wheel, I bet they don't even work properly.
    Often, I've had clogged up wheels, run a flat head screwdriver round the edge and still had to pull all the dirt and grass out.
    Just a gimmick.