Thread: Uber-RC Super Spike Vipers.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Default Uber-RC Super Spike Vipers.

A few people (myself included) have been waiting for reviews on these and some people have mentioned them being good but nothing in too much detail so I figured as I've run a set for a good few tanks now in various conditions, I'd have a go!
    Just note this is MY opinion only, nothing more, nothing less
    In a word, they're epic!
    My first impressions where actually a bit on the disappointed side, the quality is fantastic as always from Uber but they felt a bit on the soft side, I expected them to be in the same league as hard MX's, but they're actually pretty soft... That is until you fit them to tyres and you realise how hard they actually are!
    My first run was on a very hot day with very dry grass and the grip was instantly noticably better than MX's.
    They definitely grip better but it's not uncontrollable.
    With the grip you get from a starting start, I expected to get ridiculous grip roll, but I didn't.
    We then had a blast on some really short grass the day after and they performed even better.
    Again, very controllable grip and lots of it!
    I was landing, hitting the power and it just wheelies right across the field, with a stock Fuelie.
    MX's have never done that before on a stocker.
    I'm yet to test them in the wet, so can't say how they'll perform, but I'm fairly confident they're going to perform great.
    As for wear, so far theirs absolutely none, which surprised me on short grass and a very hard packed dry surface underneath.
    So far so good, I'm impressed and personally I think they're worth the price.
    I've noticed that theirs absolutely no ballooning, which we all knew, but you are always a little bit dubious until you use the product yourself, but true to their 'hype' there's no ballooning at all.
    I will be sure to do a further review when I've run them with my Fullmod and also of how they handle wet conditions, but that's all for now

Nice post

I got a set of these too. I love them as well they are really good. I keep emailing Mark from Uber to get the front ones made up and also the mini spikes as well.

He told me next year, stop nagging I messaged him a few times too lol.

Had the Baja out today to test the Fullmod and got a few more tanks through it, the grounds where very hard packed and basically no grass, little bit of light sand and dry dusty mud... I'm quite disappointed with how much they've worn actually, I only had them on for one tank of running and their is very noticable wear on the spikes.
    Quite surprised by it too, so I think these tyres will be kept for 'best' lol and only run when the grass is lush.
    Certainly won't be running them on that kind of hard packed surface again anyway.
    Still haven't used them in particularly wet conditions yet so I will report back more after more testing has been done.

I have some of these too.. Brilliant fun in the wet, awesome drifting but still able to get power over a litterally amount of grip.. In the dry they're good but wet (well damp ground) they're even better I think.. These really are a challenge to get on though I'm currently still running the standard front tyres.. Definately not pretty my Baja looks like a facking tractor

Overall I would buy again 100%

Don't suppose you could post a pic of the tyres Dan, I use mainly trenchers/MXT's with KK and bull dogs but the trenchers although not the worlds best for grip they don't wear and tackle sand and dusty gravel well. It just grass they don't perform well on I just want that tyre nobody sells
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

It's quite hard to see on a picture but here you go, the knobbles have worn a bit and don't have a sharp edge like they did... I ran these for less than one tank of fuel during the running in process, so I wasn't gunning it or flat out or just sat spinning round and round lol, in comparison my hard compound MX's have no wear at all and they ran for about 3 tanks on the same surface.
    I know they're hardly bald and will last a bit longer, but for the price difference between these and MX's, I expected better.
    As I said before, on thicker grass they showed no wear at all, but they obviously don't like a harder packed surface.

Cheers Dan

I can see them just fine erm 1 tank on hard pack, gravel and sand will prob kill them in no time.

It wasn't that bad, considering my MX's had no wear at all after 3 tanks lol.
    But yeah, they will be kept for lush grass only from now on.

What's the tyres like size wise from MX's don't suppose you could post a pic up

I was planning to do a full comparison, between Uber Vipers, Hostile MX and my Elcons, but at the moment I'm just charging and we're off out so I will do it later for you Dean
    Originally was just going to do weights but I'll do some pictures as well.

OK no rush mate just want to see, running a SC and the bull dogs that are 5b dirt buster size and looks a bit daft. But only use those to gain extra revs

I would guess they'd last ages they look like fg Marder tires. 10s flat out on my path and the fg tires ate the concrete leaving claw marks.

Had the urber tyres on for some time after a grass cut can sliced my original tyres on grass so went for these.

The grip is exceptional but as mentioned if ya on gravel, dirt etc giving it they do wear quick.

Better using with 0 toe so there flat as again if out or in they wear quick on the edges.

Other then that there awesome