Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostile hubs

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Default Hostile hubs

I currently run Hostile hubs on my KM, and want some for my HPI seeing as I keep breaking crappy HPI hubs, so firstly, do you get bearings included with the hubs? It says you can buy them separately, but surely for 60, they include a set of bearings? Just want to clear it up if they do or not.
    If not, where can I source some bearings lads?

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    I currently run Hostile hubs on my KM, and want some for my HPI seeing as I keep breaking crappy HPI hubs, so firstly, do you get bearings included with the hubs? It says you can buy them separately, but surely for 60, they include a set of bearings? Just want to clear it up if they do or not.
    If not, where can I source some bearings lads?
    bearings are not normally included dan ,
    but can be bought at abbots, freeprawn, silverback etc

link dan, silverback out of stock, but abbots have em in,

,http://abbotsrc.co.uk/Team-FastEddyH...-P2021282.aspx
    Last edited by spentallmymoneyagain; 16-07-2015 at 14:42.

So it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other lol, if I order the adjustable ones I need to spend about 35quid for the biscuits and if I order those ones I need to buy bearings and fit them... Which I've heard is notoriously difficult to fit the bearings?
    Thanks for the link matey, I forgot Neil stocked Hostile stuff so didn't think the check there and couldn't find them in the Hostile section of Abbots

I've just recently fitted bearings to my hostile hubs Dan, they flew in mate no heat or cold needed..on mine anyhow

Aye they seem hit and miss, but it seems a bit weird to me, if they're machine to the same design they should fit easily lol.
    Had somebody just message me complaining about the BZM pipe I sold, apparently it's leaking and stuff, which I clearly stated in the advert so I'm having to give him a refund.
    Despite the fact he put it up for sale himself as 'no dents and no damage' but we all know how bias PayPal are towards buyers so why even bother fighting it.
    Hubs will have to wait.

So it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other lol, if I order the adjustable ones I need to spend about 35quid for the biscuits and if I order those ones I need to buy bearings and fit them... Which I've heard is notoriously difficult to fit the bearings?
    Thanks for the link matey, I forgot Neil stocked Hostile stuff so didn't think the check there and couldn't find them in the Hostile section of Abbots
    that link i put up should have taken you straight to the 28mm bearings dan , team fast eddy ones

Yeah it did Paul, cheers fella all in all it comes to 86 on Abbots including postage and discount.
    Half tempted to stick the V2 meaty Darksoul dog bones on the list and order it all next payday actually.

Default Hostile hubs

My bearings fly in in my hostile hubs, oven for 10 freezer for 10 for the bearings and fly in.
    It will take naff all tolerance for them to go in with no heat vs heat, the bearings are 28 dia HD ones and just 28.01 it's tight 28.02 it's not going in without heat/cold or a press
    Personally I'd go for the stock sized ones one less bearing to stock
    Last edited by Baja5b-SS; 16-07-2015 at 20:17.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

If I could get the biscuits separately then I would but 35 for some tiny plastic pieces is a rip off.

If I could get the biscuits separately then I would but 35 for some tiny plastic pieces is a rip off.
    I mean the stock hostile hubs not HD HD means just bigger bearings and really not needed IMO.

The normal ones are all you need not the heavy duty ones. Unless you want to have hd ones. They are also a lot heavier too. Bearings are easy to put in and take out. Whichever ones you get they are well worth the money. You will need heim joints to go with them
    Last edited by biscuits; 16-07-2015 at 20:46.

Oh wait can you get different ones to both the HD ones and the adjustable ones?
    Could someone link me please? I've never come across those ones before.

Thanks very much lads... You can't find them in 3 or 4 degree can you?
    I couldn't even find them at all!

Found them!! Bloody hell, they where on page 2
    Last edited by Oh How Original; 16-07-2015 at 22:56.

Just get 2degree normal hubs. To be fair, what are you going to do with adjustable ones? Having not tried the adjustable hubs only bonus I can see with them is the hpi inserts that you add to them can replaced with wear, which actually thinking about it now, that could be a good thing

I want 4 degree, it's what's currently on the buggy so I want the same going onto it then hopefully the handle won't change.
    It handles amazingly, best one I've ever driven lol

I wouldn't get the insert there wear out way to fast for my liking, I actually measure my hostiles and bare in mind these are a good 2 years old.
    The bore is 6.2 only measured one and that was the worse for any play they have worn just over .5 on the ends the meat the A arm. But if I won't shut of any play all I have to do is bush them, done it with all my other alloy parts on the rear end and it's all like new again and saved me quite a pretty penny replacing the lot.

I wouldn't replace them until they broke anyway, slop and wear doesn't bother me too much, it's part of the hobby, no good replacing a perfectly good part simply because it doesn't fit quite as snuggly as it did a year ago lol

That's how I see it as well the end of the day if it works why change it. I only upgraded after I broke them. I used to have 4deg on but changed to 2deg. I don't really notice the difference but the difference between 0 and 2 is supposedly quite a lot. I would like to try 0 or 1 just to see the difference. My car goes better now with 2deg than it did with 4 on there. This was because I played with suspension settings and that. Which makes me wonder how it would go now if I put the 4's back on. You get more top speed with 2 's on there I do know that. And I like going fast...