Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hostile hubs

Quote Originally Posted by CatalinU View Post
    The other hub,the bearings position is the same,maybe a bit more seated.This one its imposible to make it go further
    Which degree hubs did you go for mate ??
    I know some folk are mentioning that the bearing doesn't look squarely fitted from your photo but if they are anything other than Zero degree hubs then the bearings do NOT fit squarely into the hub, it's the bore that's machined at an angle to suit the amount of degree required.

Are you using the Bearings from the hub supplier or have you found some of your own from another supplier ?

I would be inclined to agree with Spent, that you should pop out the bearing and examine the bottom of the hubs bore for any imperfection . If you have managed to get it in that far then it's not on the skew mate, you would never get a bearing to press in that far if it was not going into the bore nice n square.

There's either some burr in the hub bore or it's not bored deep enough to let the bearing all the way in.
    I run two degree hubs with the HD bearings and can recall they were tight to get in. I think I pressed mine in using the vice.

Have you tried fitting the other Hex and pin onto this dodgy hub ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    If doing the bass666 method then remove the other bearing before you put the hub in the oven, but if it's that tight and your having mayor issues either send erm back or dremel it like Gary said.

See even if you do get it in it's still gunna be a pain to remove.
    I said that already Dean lol ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    I said that already Dean lol ....
    I am a Yorkshire lad Garry
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    I am a Yorkshire lad Garry
    yeah I know mate .... I read posts 2 or 3 times so as I don't answer someone with something daft ....

yeah I know mate .... I read posts 2 or 3 times so as I don't answer someone with something daft ....
    Lol Garry I read and answer in one hit then hopefully edit before somebody quotes it
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    Which degree hubs did you go for mate ??
    I know some folk are mentioning that the bearing doesn't look squarely fitted from your photo but if they are anything other than Zero degree hubs then the bearings do NOT fit squarely into the hub, it's the bore that's machined at an angle to suit the amount of degree required.

Are you using the Bearings from the hub supplier or have you found some of your own from another supplier ?

I would be inclined to agree with Spent, that you should pop out the bearing and examine the bottom of the hubs bore for any imperfection . If you have managed to get it in that far then it's not on the skew mate, you would never get a bearing to press in that far if it was not going into the bore nice n square.

There's either some burr in the hub bore or it's not bored deep enough to let the bearing all the way in.
    I run two degree hubs with the HD bearings and can recall they were tight to get in. I think I pressed mine in using the vice.

Have you tried fitting the other Hex and pin onto this dodgy hub ?
    I have 2 degree hubs.I use TFE pro bearings.I did examine the hub,it seems perfect to me.I will send it monday over to bas666 and he said will sort it out for me.if not i am going to send it back to DDM

heres something you can try before you come up to me .... put the bearing that you cant get into the hub over your axle then heat the hub in the oven until it is really hot .... slip the bearing that does fit the hub into place and then put the axle through the bearing in the hub to line the axle up ... this should let the axle go into place dead straight and hopefully seat the other bearing into place .... that's what I would try and if it didn't work I would run the Dremel drum sander round the bearing hole and remove a thou or two so as the bearing goes in when the hub is heated ....
    Garry mate you made my day.Today i did as u told me,without heating the hub and it works perfectly.To everyone ho uses the hostile hubs and having problem,use this method.DO NOT buy the special tool from hostile,its another way to make money for them and their customer service is crap.After they made a fool out of my i decided not to reply to them,as they not worthet.THX Garry,you are a star.I just instaled the inner bearing wich goes easy inside,installed the outer bearing,installed the outter bearing on the drive cup and then inserted the cup in the hub an it lined perfectly.So thats the conclusion,don't need special tool as the hostile people said.

Glad your sorted now mate. So the bearing had just not gone far enough into the bore then ?

Garry mate you made my day.Today i did as u told me,without heating the hub and it works perfectly.To everyone ho uses the hostile hubs and having problem,use this method.DO NOT buy the special tool from hostile,its another way to make money for them and their customer service is crap.After they made a fool out of my i decided not to reply to them,as they not worthet.THX Garry,you are a star.I just instaled the inner bearing wich goes easy inside,installed the outer bearing,installed the outter bearing on the drive cup and then inserted the cup in the hub an it lined perfectly.So thats the conclusion,don't need special tool as the hostile people said.
    good job matey .... that means you don't need to post it to me now lol .... this is the way I done mine as the axle is hard to get right sometimes .... glad you got it sorted ....

Glad your sorted now mate. So the bearing had just not gone far enough into the bore then ?
    more like one bearing was skew Si ....

I asume the outside bearing was not properly seated.But the hostile people could have just told me to line the bearings using the cup.Instead they said that i have no mechanical skills and i need the special tool

good job matey .... that means you don't need to post it to me now lol .... this is the way I done mine as the axle is hard to get right sometimes .... glad you got it sorted ....
    THX again mate for your idea,got to send u a pint

THX again mate for your idea,got to send u a pint
    don't use a bag lol ....

Does the upper screw needs loctite or not?

Does the upper screw needs loctite or not?
    I just tighten mine without it ....

OK.Yeah I usualy don't use loctite in aluminum parts,but just double checking

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Can anyone please confirm the sizes of the 'big bearings' in the Hostile Hubs?
    One of mine is on it's way out and I can't seem to find confirmation anywhere, I know they are obviously 28mm diameter, but how thick they are, 4, 6 or 8?
    Not looking forward to trying to swap them though, with an oven that gets about as hot as a fart and no bearing press

12x28x8

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by llazaru View Post
    12x28x8
    Thanks mate, that explains why I couldn't find anything for 12x28x6 lol, assumed 8mm was a bit too thick.
    Shall get to eBay!