Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hostile hubs

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    I wouldn't replace them until they broke anyway, slop and wear doesn't bother me too much, it's part of the hobby, no good replacing a perfectly good part simply because it doesn't fit quite as snuggly as it did a year ago lol
    If your not bothered then that's all good, but when I spend 's on a Baja and upgrades I don't want a shabby worn out Baja yes parts wear out but I get rid for the simple reason been I can and its far cheaper fitting a few bushes then replacing expensive worn parts or just wait till they brake.
    2 years on my hostiles and still minor slop is bloody good going IMO, the rest of the alloy has all now been bushed.
    I bushed my GH supports over kill top arms just this week and now there all has good has the day I fitted them, or I could have waiting another year and binned erm? But I thought it be best spending 10-15 and saving a few hundred, no brainier right.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Indeed, but I don't see how you'll get more use out of them by bushing them?
    All you're doing is removing slop/play.
    Doesn't necessarily mean they'll break any slower lol.

I know what Dean is on about. Where the hinge pin goes through they wear over time as they are only made out of aluminium. I haven't bothered doing it. If they do wear to such an extent then I will drill the 6mm hole out for the hinge pin to 7mm and put a bush in there. After that you can just keep replacing the bushes. But my guess is the bushes will wear a lot less than the 6mm hole through the aluminium.

They are good. I eventually broke my rear hpi hubs. But even if you haven't these are really mice and look mint on the car and a great upgrade. They are well tough

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

cos the slop might cause em to break earlier dan, taking the slop out might extend there life a bit mate

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Hostile hubs are absolutely solid though, you'd have to give them a hell of a whack to break one.
    I did some looking around before buying some and didn't find a single person who'd managed to break them.
    I'd probably go with some bushes if I knew which ones I needed

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Hostile hubs are absolutely solid though, you'd have to give them a hell of a whack to break one.
    I did some looking around before buying some and didn't find a single person who'd managed to break them.
    I'd probably go with some bushes if I knew which ones I needed
    dean did a thread on drilling out and bushing them somewhere on here dan,
    i think he just got some fresh bushes as well,
    he will probably answer when he sees this thread again ,

Default Hostile hubs

I originally drill the over kills to 8mm and bushed it with a steel 4mm long bush this worked but not good enough for long enough.
    This time I've drilled all the alloy parts 9mm fitted a 6x9x10mm bush and the bush is bang on 6mm, so tighter than a tight thing now. The steel ones was not tight enough from the off, so introduces wear straight away.
    You could grab the over kill A arm and move it back and forth quite a lot, now no movement at all, same has the GH supports they was really bad and was a lot worse than the overkills in a lot less time they was 6.4 oval.
    Grab the back wheel and try and move you wheel back and forth standing from the back, and just watch all the sloppy parts move that slop I hate so I get rid.
    The only tinny bit I have now is in the wheel hubs no need to shim because it's not enough to bother me, and in the overkill hemis the ball has a tad of wear again not enough to bother me, a tinny bit in the hostiles again not bothered yet
    Tad in this hemi

None in these now

That black is GH apart from the over killes
    4 bushes in the left and 4 in the right side.
    Bush 6x9x10

For the sake of a couple of quid and 10 mins drilling and fitting bushes I now get my expensive parts a new lease of life, if I had cheapo plastic parts then I'd be replacing every few months that's why I went alloy earlier on.
    The plastic just worn way to fast, I actually got SC rear hubs first before the hostiles and those crap degree spacers worn that much in just a few tanks I binned erm and went hostiles from then on.

any help on wich degree should i chose on the hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by CatalinU View Post
    any help on wich degree should i chose on the hubs?
    I run 2 degree hubs and a lot of the guys run 2 and 3 degree hubs .... I ran 0 degree hubs before and the car kept spinning out so I changed to 2 degrees and it was far better ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

I run 0 on my 5t
    ALX 71 Gold Editon
    BRP Super Spike, Extended IRP Hubs
    ROK Symsteer, 26/48 Gearing, ALX Drive Train

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    I run 2 degree hubs and a lot of the guys run 2 and 3 degree hubs .... I ran 0 degree hubs before and the car kept spinning out so I changed to 2 degrees and it was far better ....
    thx mate.on the page they say buggies like 4 degree

Quote Originally Posted by arron421 View Post
    I run 0 on my 5t
    does it make a difference it its a b,t or sc?

Quote Originally Posted by CatalinU View Post
    does it make a difference it its a b,t or sc?

Can't say pal but if I'm right the buggys tend to be higher degree.
    ALX 71 Gold Editon
    BRP Super Spike, Extended IRP Hubs
    ROK Symsteer, 26/48 Gearing, ALX Drive Train

I've ran hostile 2 degree for about 3 years now, but I'm going to change to 0 or 1 degree soon poorly for the look.

2 for me on the shortly and the b with a cage

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    I've ran hostile 2 degree for about 3 years now, but I'm going to change to 0 or 1 degree soon poorly for the look.
    be careful if you get the 0 degree hubs mate .. I found that if you have RPM arms on the car with 0 degree hubs you actually have negative toe .... that's why I changed mine cause the car was all over the place ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

2 shall be in mine then

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    is there a 1 degree?i can only se 0,2,3,4

I run with 2 degree Hostiles on the shorty and 3 degrees on the 5SC truck . and to be honest when my shorty was a normal length 5b I dont reckon there was much difference in how it handled. However I really dont like how 3 degree pointing rear wheels look.
    and any more than 3 would look silly in my opinion.

The 2 degrees on the shorty are ok for me and I would not like the look of it if they were 3 or more

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    be careful if you get the 0 degree hubs mate .. I found that if you have RPM arms on the car with 0 degree hubs you actually have negative toe .... that's why I changed mine cause the car was all over the place ....
    Cheers Garry
    Maybe will go for 1 degree then at the min i have Krakens but soon to be RPM's