Thread: Bash site

Default Bash site

Hello everyone, whilst out bashing at my local council run playing fields the ranger began to tell me that 'strictly speaking you are not meant to use these fields for rc as the cricketers have had a moan that they tear up the fields' btw i was using my savage xs and my 4 yr old his firestorm flux. I asked him if he could point out where we can run so he showed me. He said as no one uses this field you can run your big one there no problems. I asked him if there was anyone i could speak to at the council for permission to organise a more permanent area (got nowhere with him) since then the parks manager has contacted me saying if there is enough interest and that the meet ups are a bit more organised that they would hire this area out. There are a few conditions though one being insurance (brca?) Plus a risk assessment to be carried out which the BRCA have helped me with. So what I am asking is there anyone who has been in this situation themselves and do you have any advise?
    Cheers
    Nathan

Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naymo View Post
    Hello everyone, whilst out bashing at my local council run playing fields the ranger began to tell me that 'strictly speaking you are not meant to use these fields for rc as the cricketers have had a moan that they tear up the fields' btw i was using my savage xs and my 4 yr old his firestorm flux. I asked him if he could point out where we can run so he showed me. He said as no one uses this field you can run your big one there no problems. I asked him if there was anyone i could speak to at the council for permission to organise a more permanent area (got nowhere with him) since then the parks manager has contacted me saying if there is enough interest and that the meet ups are a bit more organised that they would hire this area out. There are a few conditions though one being insurance (brca?) Plus a risk assessment to be carried out which the BRCA have helped me with. So what I am asking is there anyone who has been in this situation themselves and do you have any advise?
    Cheers
    Nathan
    You need to have some form of organisation and managing of this or it could go horribly wrong if God for bid someone gets hurt. I've seen many an accident when it was just a few people having a light bash and then someone underestimates the cars speed and boom. But you also need to keep it fun.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

This is exactly the point. I have myself put time and effort in so i dont want anyone ruining this. I would want everyone to be safe and also have fun and want to do it again.