Thread: HPI Baja 300M drive set up

Default HPI Baja 300M drive set up

Got some basic repairs to do on the baja and needed to remove the phat dad shaft, had these long enough now to give a review.
    Was suppose to do a review at 15 hrs but more like 17 lol this review is pretty simply it's faultless, I have very minor wear on the pins and none on the cups you might think 17 hrs is nothing but my last drive system failed twice in this time and had noticeable wear.
    Pics are hard to see any wear but some is present, and the pins are cheap enough to replace when needed.
    I'm going to give my best judgement and say the pins will need replacing in around a year, I'm not easy in my drive having steel spur so no weak links to take any shock out of the drive and also do plenty of flat out runs over bumps and jumps.
    I have also started to bash on mainly sand and sands going to be a lot harder on the drive.

Pointless taking pics of the cups there still new and to hard to get a pic when one the baja
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Where do you find the time to put 17 hours run time in Dean?? Thats more than I do a year..lol

Last edited by mark35; 05-09-2015 at 22:15. Reason: stupid tab..lol

Easy lol on a good week I can get out 3-4 times working s h I t shift has its advantages on a bad week just the weekend.
    Next weeks a bad week but I'm in the pits anyway
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.