Thread: Pauls (sonic OBR UK) pull start handle

Default Pauls (sonic OBR UK) pull start handle

I got this from Paul (Sonic) OBR UK at bashfest and ran with it all weekend. Its a pull start handle that has a spring in it. It is bigger than a normal hanle but I didn't have any problems with it all weekend at bashfest and it definitely takes a heap of the shock out of pulling the pull starter.

You basically thread your pull start rope up through the handle inside the spring through the plastic sleeve then tie a knot in it. If you use a wire rope like I do you do the same but strip off the plastic before threading it through a washer and then tying a knot in the end. Once you have tied the knot you push the knot inside the end of the pull start and push on the end cap.

Only thing I did to both mine later was to glue a bit of rubber on the end that has been cut at an angle to make the pull start stand up right and it also stops it wobbling around more and damaging the outerwears. Its great to use as it takes some of the shock out, which is better for you and also your pull start and the handle is much bigger for those higher compression engines where you can get all your fingers around the handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by biscuits; 13-09-2015 at 21:37.

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    I got this from Paul (Sonic) OBR UK at bashfest and ran with it all weekend. Its a pull start handle that has a spring in it. It is bigger than a normal hanle but I didn't have any problems with it all weekend at bashfest and it definitely takes a heap of the shock out of pulling the pull starter.

You basically thread your pull start rope up through the handle inside the spring through the plastic sleeve then tie a knot in it. If you use a wire rope like I do you do the same but strip off the plastic before threading it through a washer and then tying a knot in the end. Once you have tied the knot you push the knot inside the end of the pull start and push on the end cap.

Only thing I did to both mine later was to glue a bit of rubber on the end that has been cut at an angle to make the pull start stand up right and it also stops it wobbling around more and damaging the outerwears. Its great to use as it takes some of the shock out, which is better for you and also your pull start and the handle is much bigger for those higher compression engines where you can get all your fingers around the handle.
    are these handles available to buy through sonic andy ? ( that might be a daft question ),

looks cleaver

May purchase depending on cost...
    well done for inventing a new upgrade
    Hpi Baja 5Bss
    BZM micro 28.5cc + BZM Pipe POWER!
    http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/showthre...7704-AD-s-Baja

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    are these handles available to buy through sonic andy ? ( that might be a daft question ),
    I don't know if they are on the website yet but drop Paul a PM and/or send him an email at OBR UK and I am sure he will send you one.

They aren't a lot of money to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    I don't know if they are on the website yet but drop Paul a PM and/or send him an email at OBR UK and I am sure he will send you one.

They aren't a lot of money to be fair
    thanks andy , will drop him an email mate

Baja-Forum Maniac

Sorry but can not see any real benefit from this. Just seems to be solving a problem that wasn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaBert View Post
    Sorry but can not see any real benefit from this. Just seems to be solving a problem that wasn't even there.
    it takes the jerky bit ( technical term ) out when you go over the compression stroke chris ,

Baja-Forum Maniac

The Jerky bit which sounds very technical. Still don't understand the need of it. Surely the Jerk is the compression ? Why not know it is there ?

The Jerky bit which sounds very technical. Still don't understand the need of it. Surely the Jerk is the compression ? Why not know it is there ?
    you still know it's there chris, just makes the engine a bit easier to pull over , for us old blokes with creaky joints and stuff

Baja-Forum Maniac

you still know it's there chris, just makes the engine a bit easier to pull over , for us old blokes with creaky joints and stuff
    Your not old

Your not old
    i feel it sometimes though chris

Baja-Forum Maniac

i feel it sometimes though chris
    Only sometimes. Better then all the time.

Only sometimes. Better then all the time.
    lol chris, i should have said i feel old most of the time , especially when the weather starts to get colder ,
    god i'm an old fart aint i ?

Baja-Forum Maniac

lol chris, i should have said i feel old most of the time , especially when the weather starts to get colder ,
    No mate you're not. . . . . . Well maybe a little bit older than yesterday

This is a proper Buiscuts mod (although Sonic got there first) Buiscuts showed me this at Bashfest and I have to admit it did feel better then standard.. That a little bit of give saves your hands on them days it just doesn't wanna start

Poor Spent, I bet he is one of them that sit and complains if there is a draft

Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    This is a proper Buiscuts mod (although Sonic got there first) Buiscuts showed me this at Bashfest and I have to admit it did feel better then standard.. That a little bit of give saves your hands on them days it just doesn't wanna start

Poor Spent, I bet he is one of them that sit and complains if there is a draft
    cheeky young whipper snapper ,
    nah fux, just gettin old and worn out mate ,