Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Mmr indoor winter series 2015/2016

  1. #1
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Mmr indoor winter series 2015/2016

    Well I'm glad to say the first round of the winter series is fast approaching. The first date is 31/10/15. All the info is on the previous threads. Any q's fire away peps

    Round 1 - 31st October 6.30pm (DATE CHANGED)
    Round 2 - 28th November 6.30pm
    Round 3 - 29th December XMAS SPECIAL 4.30pm
    Round 4 - 30th January 6.30pm
    Round 5 - 27th February 6.30pm
    Round 6 - 26th March 6.30pm FINAL


    This series is aimed at 1/5th scale cars, each round features 2 categories of racing for 2wd and 4wd and final races. Anyone can partake and we welcome veterans and newcomers alike, its a fun event with an emphasis on racing. Cost per round is just 15 per person and transponders are handed out inclusive. The MMR Modeltech shop is open all night for engine spares ONLY and helpful advice. Spectators are free to watch and we welcome anyone who can help out with marshaling.
    Last edited by matt_andhisbaja; 01-11-2015 at 11:05.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  2. #2
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Great night of racing with the usual rapid mob kinger, booster and lee who were all on form. Nice to see plenty of new faces and a few old ones that has came out of the woodwork. Once again thanks for those who set up and help dismantle the track. See you guys and girls at the next one.

    Matt@mmrraceway

    Heat overview Best time
    1. Matty 00:22.583
    2. ~~KINGER~~ 00:22.205
    3. Geezer 00:24.360
    4. Booster 00:24.425
    5. LONDON 00:25.610
    6. Deano 00:31.382

    Once I had the Baja running it done ok just a bit more consistancy needed
    Last edited by matt_andhisbaja; 01-11-2015 at 11:10.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  3. #3
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    had my best night yet mate

    I finally won a race
    and finished all 3 races

    Kinger was as fast as ever, the 4wd were great to watch, elliots buggy was impressive,

    jimjam = back with a vengeance

    roll on the next round

  4. #4
    Baja-Forum Maniac jimcarmar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brockworth, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    3,667

    Default

    Kinger was on fire in 2wd and 4wd

    Was nice to be back :-)

    I was extremely happy with no breakages and I seem to be quite competitive too :-)

    My only complaint about the night is the far right chicane is very hard to see. Anything we can do with that?
    Oh and the wheel fell off my full size car - truck on the way home and I waited 7 hours for recovery haha

  5. #5
    Baja-Forum Maniac BajaDre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Good to see you back on boards jimjam bro


    Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

  6. #6
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimcarmar2 View Post
    Kinger was on fire in 2wd and 4wd

    Was nice to be back :-)

    I was extremely happy with no breakages and I seem to be quite competitive too :-)

    My only complaint about the night is the far right chicane is very hard to see. Anything we can do with that?
    Oh and the wheel fell off my full size car - truck on the way home and I waited 7 hours for recovery haha
    fit a flag or xmasy aerial that lights up, like me it helps with my 50 year old eyes

    full size car 7 hours wait only could happen to you

  7. #7
    Baja-Forum Maniac jimcarmar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brockworth, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    3,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosterxb View Post
    fit a flag or xmasy aerial that lights up, like me it helps with my 50 year old eyes

    full size car 7 hours wait only could happen to you
    Your xmassy Aries that broke off after a few laps?

    I didn't have an issue with seeing my Losi at all just judging the corner haha
    Will get better with time and experience :-)

    Yeah I've just sent the pics to you on Facebook pal

  8. #8
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimcarmar2 View Post
    Kinger was on fire in 2wd and 4wd

    Was nice to be back :-)

    I was extremely happy with no breakages and I seem to be quite competitive too :-)

    My only complaint about the night is the far right chicane is very hard to see. Anything we can do with that?
    Oh and the wheel fell off my full size car - truck on the way home and I waited 7 hours for recovery haha
    Nice to see you back jim jam the hobby is a better place with u in it. .
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  9. #9
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosterxb View Post
    had my best night yet mate

    I finally won a race
    and finished all 3 races

    Kinger was as fast as ever, the 4wd were great to watch, elliots buggy was impressive,

    jimjam = back with a vengeance

    roll on the next round
    That's the best I've ever seen you go round indoor. Beat kinger fair and square in the first race. Top driving boost
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  10. #10
    Baja-Forum Maniac jimcarmar2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brockworth, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    3,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    Nice to see you back jim jam the hobby is a better place with u in it. .
    Wow erm that's a little emotional for a Tuesday morning haha


    All joking aside it really is great to be back. And I'm here for good this time :-)

  11. #11
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimcarmar2 View Post
    Wow erm that's a little emotional for a Tuesday morning haha


    All joking aside it really is great to be back. And I'm here for good this time :-)
    I love deep filled emotion on a dark rainy morning lol
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  12. #12
    Baja-Forum Maniac BajaDre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    LOL matt


    Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    cheltenham,glos
    Posts
    355

    Thumbs up

    nice to see you back on the forum jimjam,barry
    go play in the dirt.

  14. #14
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    That's the best I've ever seen you go round indoor. Beat kinger fair and square in the first race. Top driving boost
    i've been texting and ringing him everyday since, just to remind him, LOL

    i know i'm going to pay for it sometime over the series but ive had my 12 mins of fame now, eh


  15. #15
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Take it when u got it boost. He'll be back we both know that
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  16. #16
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    Take it when u got it boost. He'll be back we both know that
    you shouldnt encourage me , LOL.

    thanks to phil for a doing a bit of filming for me, ( my vid cam dont like the lighting, so quality not top notch ).


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSL9fSN8Ms

  17. #17
    Baja-Forum Maniac Kinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Forest Of Dean, UK
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Nice one shaggers, cool video.

    You beat us all fair and square boost, I Deffo had grip issues

    Brought both cars home unbroken, few tweaks and they are ready to rip again.

    Roll on the next one

  18. #18
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Yeh you weren't your usual self you still was rapido tho. It's a miracle how your losi keeps going tho.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  19. #19
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    Yeh you weren't your usual self you still was rapido tho. It's a miracle how your losi keeps going tho.
    i think the Losi is fuelled and held together with FOD wild boar ****

  20. #20
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosterxb View Post
    i think the Losi is fuelled and held together with FOD wild boar ****
    Indeed boost he's built it out of pure English muscle
    Last edited by matt_andhisbaja; 12-11-2015 at 18:49.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •