Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kraken RC SX5 "Sidewinder Sand Rail Kit for HPI Baja 5B/SC/T - Coming Soon!

Default Kraken RC SX5 "Sidewinder Sand Rail Kit for HPI Baja 5B/SC/T - Coming Soon!

This has to be the coolest looking bit of kit i have seen for a long time and have been awaiting its arrival for ages. Unfortunately when i contacted Kraken they were less than helpful and rather sarcastic. Does anyone know where else i can get one (or maybe two) of these??

Forgot the link so here it is

http://shop.krakenrc.com/product-p/krc-sx5.htm

There still developing it mate, so it's anybody guess when it will be released.

I sincerely hope they do, as that pic and Kraken making it prompted me to build a baja for it.

It looks simply badass and I so want it lol.

They do look the dogs but I don't think it'd withstand serious bashing I suppose time will tell though, when it's finally released.

It does indeed look the dogs and lets face it the Kraken RC TSK-B Class 1 Kit whilst it has utility is a bit of an ugly duckling and spoils the natural good looks of the 5b. The other alternative of course would something designed by roofchopper but i suspect this option would be rather too rich for my tiny little purse. Oh well.

That does look rather nice.

Also liking the look of the new Grafil G-Virus panels for the Team Chase cage.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9217245&type=3

Kraken, had a less than helpful attitude when I also contacted them about their new Sandrail . They gave the appearance of either not knowing anything about their product, or just not wanting to discuss the subject. Either way, not a very good advert in my opinion .
    Made me think twice about using their products any more.

kraken advertised their new fueler on another forum saying coming soon and it was them who started the thread. so as time went on and more and more people asking when its out and them saying its on its way the thread got a bit lets say heated cause people were getting p155ed off. kraken then lost a bap and said .. look its on its way .. and closed the thread down. guess what its still not out and that was months ago .... to55ers !!!!!!!!!
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

New Kraken Sandrail is due out in June / July this year, I've been told the full kit will be around the $700 mark. I agree Kraken need to sort there customer relations out, I had to ask some nice American guys on a forum to find out for me

BTW anyone thinking of purchasing the Kraken Extend arms X2 kit, Great strong arms, standard pins and e-clips is a no no with them and the dogbones are just crap, I got a good mind to invoice Kraken for hub replacements, be interesting to see what they do, if anything
    Last edited by petebajauk; 18-06-2014 at 10:24.

Glad im not the only one thinks theyre next in line to Andrex ultra soft in the public relations stakes, still cant get an intelligent answer from them and thats if i get an answer at all.

1st quarter of 2015 now, guess that means end of '16
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

Senior Member Jim the Cosmic Goth's Avatar

Hmmm just saying but anyone else think this isn't really a sandrail..?? Where's the steel?? Where's the custom front end??

With existing kraken cages, don't you need to buy extra bits to get them to fit? body posts, etc...

I'd rather buy something that works, like a Team Chase.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but now these are out, do they just bolt straight on without anything else being needed? I've seen extended Kraken arms being mentioned a lot around these cages and thought I'd ask.
    Follow me, I'll show you where to crash

Baja-Forum Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkfat78 View Post
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread but now these are out, do they just bolt straight on without anything else being needed? I've seen extended Kraken arms being mentioned a lot around these cages and thought I'd ask.
    According to what I've read about them it should bolt straight on mate. Best check though. Info probably on their website.

Cheers Berrt, yeah looks like its a straight fit. Downloaded the manual too for some extra info. I think they were just showing the wider arms, rather than needing them.
    Follow me, I'll show you where to crash

Baja-Forum Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkfat78 View Post
    Cheers Berrt, yeah looks like its a straight fit. Downloaded the manual too for some extra info. I think they were just showing the wider arms, rather than needing them.
    The cage looks quite tall so may have a higher center of gravity and the extended arms could offer more stability ? Purely a guess ?

pricey rail kit could get a steel one for that amount of cash

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Baja-Forum Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by BajaDre View Post
    pricey rail kit could get a steel one for that amount of cash

True they're not cheap, but they are light. This is the one they should put in production in think. Awesome

kraken.jpg

Baja-Forum Maniac spentallmymoneyagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berrt View Post
    True they're not cheap, but they are light. This is the one they should put in production in think. Awesome

kraken.jpg
    that ones already out chris , it's the tsk1 b,

Baja-Forum Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by spentallmymoneyagain View Post
    that ones already out chris , it's the tsk1 b,

See I was right