Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elcon 54mm V2 Adjustable 4-Shoe Teflon Clutch

Default Elcon 54mm V2 Adjustable 4-Shoe Teflon Clutch

Gents , wanna get a better clutch for the baja 5b ss , currently running a stock clutch , 8k Spring and a TR race edition HD clutch and tr bell . So I'm asking what's the Elcon 54mm V2 Adjustable 4-Shoe Teflon Clutch like and how does it preform against others I.e , laut or snapper . Looking at elcon clutch on abbots there's a lot of bits , is this how it comes or is it assembled ? Cheers Dave
    Last edited by Crazydaveuk; 29-12-2015 at 17:20.
    Doh !! :doh:

Yes it fits & comes unassembled. Easy enough to build ...remember the blue thread lock

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Yes it fits & comes unassembled. Easy enough to build ...remember the blue thread lock
    Edit.
    Mine bolts on like a laut'.

Looking at the ad' on DDM they look different now ? Might want to email them about that ...
    L-E-L

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    How do they compare to others
    Doh !! :doh:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaveuk View Post
    How do they compare to others
    Best clutch I've used. Slight ly better design than the Laut' placing the shoes deeper into the bell but not a lot in it TBF. I like adjustability in a clutch, easy to remove, last ages & no clutch dust. Only seen MIPs melting, waiting for someone else to buy a snapper, cough 'Dean' . I use stock clutch as well.

The l bacher I have actually has 40.3 hrs on used pads from Rev, and have worn next to nothing since I fitted them.
    Deffo out last a stock 54mm clutch if you buy one then more detailed info can be given.

John have you any ideas has to how long you had used those pads you gave me, a rough guide will be good enough.

Your not meaning me are you? Buy a snapper? Technically speaking I'd never buy a TR product again

I no of only one who has the snapper in the UK but not sure he's even tested it yet, I'd deffo wait until proper bashers: racers have tested erm though I'd not trust the yanks to test a toilet TBH.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    John have you any ideas has to how long you had used those pads you gave me, a rough guide will be good enough.
    Around 60+ hrs
    Last edited by Rev; 29-12-2015 at 18:48.

Wow so 100 hrs on the pads and still not worn cheers John

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

I was looking at these Elcon clutches myself actually, for 90quid, they seem good value, can't seem to find anywhere that sells replacement shoes though.
    Although if you're getting 100+ hours from them, maybe you won't need 'em lol.

If my pads just worn now then somerts a miss Dan, but going off the time scale mines been through then I'd never need to replace them EVER if they carry on at this rate of wear.
    But people have also worn them out in a matter of minutes, so must have had issues some where and my bet is the clutch bell.
    I'd fit with a new bell if possible or one with minimal use, and if any part of the bell is rough from use then polish it smooth.

Abbots sell shoes MMR and Freeprawn well the last time I looked

Quote Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
    I was looking at these Elcon clutches myself actually, for 90quid, they seem good value, can't seem to find anywhere that sells replacement shoes though.
    Although if you're getting 100+ hours from them, maybe you won't need 'em lol.
    DDM sells replacement shoes for 63.18$

PG Racing also sell em here in UK. round about the 55 squid mark

Quote Originally Posted by shigowa68 View Post
    PG Racing also sell em here in UK. round about the 55 squid mark
    Got a link to that please?
    Can't seem to find them and that's about half price compared to anywhere else.

Ahhhh... I thought that sounded too good to be true... Bloody hell 55quid for pads.
    Good job they last!

Lol some people's had erm wreck in a matter of minutes mate, but user error on fitting the clutch erm where's user error come from when fitting clutches doh.

If mine went straight away it'd be PP claim time for that price!

If mine went straight away it'd be PP claim time for that price!
    Lol you can't put a pp claim in for user error even my cloner pads lasted 10 tanks

How can it be user error?
    If you put it together wrong, it won't work.
    If it's not on correctly, it won't work.
    If you build it perfectly to the video and install it correctly and have defective pads, it will rip them to bits.
    So yeah... I would be making a PP claim.
    How exactly can you do it wrong, to the point it would make the pads wear out straight away? If you have the bite point set too low it will engage whenn you turn the engine over and you know to alter it.
    If it's set too high, again, from the first 30 seconds, you'd know to alter it.
    I don't know which part of the build process you could get wrong that would mean the pads would wear out straight away

How can it be user error?
    If you put it together wrong, it won't work.
    If it's not on correctly, it won't work.
    If you build it perfectly to the video and install it correctly and have defective pads, it will rip them to bits.
    So yeah... I would be making a PP claim.
    How exactly can you do it wrong, to the point it would make the pads wear out straight away? If you have the bite point set too low it will engage whenn you turn the engine over and you know to alter it.
    If it's set too high, again, from the first 30 seconds, you'd know to alter it.
    I don't know which part of the build process you could get wrong that would mean the pads would wear out straight away
    I don't no how one could fit one wrong Dan but people do, I've had mine off and on about 4 times now.
    Post on this forum where a few have had issues due to user error, people make mistake, over look something it happens so yeah user error.

I few tips needed to ensure they work is all that's needed, then they last and last and last going off my own I just can't see it wearing out anytime this year.