Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baja Shorty

[QUOTE=Rev;393936]Could you post a link, do remember seeing it someplace.
    thanks

http://www.baja-forum.co.uk/showthre...ery-switch-mod

Killswitch wires direct to coil

i agree. It looks mint.

Its really handy having the battery separate although its not as neat as inside a radio box. The last bashfest we all did loads of driving, pretty much all day for 3 days until it rained on Sunday where we only got a tank of fuel and drank the rest of the day. I took 2 gallons of fuel and nearly used all of it.

All of us had to swap out batteries and its handy if you can get them out without disturbing the receiver box and all the electrics. My 1600mAh LiFe went on for ages. I think it actually went through 4 tanks of fuel before it got too low. I don't think you will have any problems with the 2000mAh but it might be worth making up another one just in case you want to do all day and a bit of night driving as well if you have lights fitted. Its a lot better being able to still drive the car whilst the battery is charging up.

Thinking about making a box/cartridge type thing 'chassis dimensions' side loading? Just been looking at the killer 4200. didn't realise it's 7.4 . Get myself another bettery like i'm using for now. The TFE brackets are good but the Traxxas box is to tight.

While on the killer Rc site I noticed his larger lid for the radio boxes. problem solved if chopping a radio box to fit.
    Last edited by Rev; 17-01-2016 at 13:05.

I found that I would always be in the shed and do something different to the receiver box every now and then. I would always be pottering around with it to try and make it better. I have changed mine slightly already and thinking about other things because of your post and others.

I bought the TR setup too but never used it. Like you mentioned the receiver box is small. I couldn't get everything in mine so ended up selling it on the forum, including the throttle/brake servo. But the TR does look neat. I like the shape of the original receiver box but just couldn't be bothered making it work and I still think its good to have the battery separate.

I can't remember who it is who had an actual battery box. Instead of what most of us have come up with by just stuffing it in there somewhere. I think it could have been Si, Coalminer but not sure. But if you could get one that would fit down between the servo tank and throttle servo that would be really cool. I've been trying to find one for awhile now to fit my set up but haven't managed to find one yet.

If you can get a 7.4v battery in there that would be good. You would have heaps of power and run time.

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Its really handy having the battery separate although its not as neat as inside a radio box. The last bashfest we all did loads of driving, pretty much all day for 3 days until it rained on Sunday where we only got a tank of fuel and drank the rest of the day. I took 2 gallons of fuel and nearly used all of it.

All of us had to swap out batteries and its handy if you can get them out without disturbing the receiver box and all the electrics. My 1600mAh LiFe went on for ages. I think it actually went through 4 tanks of fuel before it got too low. I don't think you will have any problems with the 2000mAh but it might be worth making up another one just in case you want to do all day and a bit of night driving as well if you have lights fitted. Its a lot better being able to still drive the car whilst the battery is charging up.
    Andy you can solve the not racing while charging issue by having two cars!...........go on I know you want another......

Fair one Richy. But I can't afford it

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Fair one Richy. But I can't afford it
    Looking at my bank statements I don't think I f**kin can either!!

Hey, at least you got bank statements. I've not even got that. I've not been back to work since end of April

Back to the 2 cars thought, I've had an idea, you can have 2 cars or you can just have one car and spend twice as much on it

Got a power switch fitted with R60 RX. Big ol box compared to R61 rx

L-E-L

Loving these shorty builds... i cant drive a full size one properly so will try get the hang of that first.

RE battery i run a Vapextech LiFe 2000Mah in my baja as the NimH was goosed, i ran it for over just short of 4 hours other day and its still got 5.7v in it. Impressed with the run times.

Gotta build a Short Baja if you own two.

Finally got to drive since finishing it.

Tight turning circle. Successful conversion.
    Last edited by Rev; 31-01-2016 at 15:18.
    L-E-L

26cc gasket blew so swapped it out for my RCMK 29cc. Rebuilt the shocks with 35wt oil

18/56 gears .6k clutch
    L-E-L

Few changes made. Performance and looks.

Fitted MCD steering rods.

Moved the throttle servo back so could fit the cage further back.

Had to trim the TFE throttle mount to pass around the roll cage

L-E-L

hm, interesting!

Default Shorty Shell

Painted this shell some time ago and only recently decided to fit it. Works well on the short chassis Baja.

Not a lot of cutting needed to get a good fit.
    L-E-L

Works very well looks the part too