Thread: Inline fuse on our battery

Default Inline fuse on your battery

Was pottering around in the shed and got this idea after a number of posts on the forum. I ordered some female right angle spade brass connectors 2.8mmx0.8mm.

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/c...ack-Connectors

They fit the mini blade fuses. You need a crimper but I also soldered mine after crimping to make a really good connection. Bit of mucking about with a few bits of heat shrink and made a really good tiny fuse holder which takes up hardly any room in your battery box. You can put in any fuse rating in there that you want so everything is well protected.

Its a 10amp in the pic but I run it on a 2amp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by biscuits; 07-01-2016 at 02:19.

Good idea! Love it!

Under heavy load, depending on what setup you have a 2amp fuse might be too low. What I did was start at the lowest fuse, I chose 2amp and I run it on that. If it blows then I just go to 3amp and so on. I don't think I would be going any higher than 15amp on an RC car set up unless I maybe had 4 servos on there or something like that. That way I can have maximum protection for my set up.

You will know if you have a too lower fuse rating in there as the fuse will tell you quite quickly and blow. Normally within a tank of fuel. Once you have done this the set up will give you full protection and be totally reliable

I got spare 2amp, 3amp, 5amp, 7.5, 10amp and 15amp. When I am out I will just work out what is the lowest fuse rating I can reliably run the car on giving maximum protection, but at the moment its on the 2amp

What will happen if the fuse blows when driving W.O.T.?
    Your servo's are not able to brake/steer whitout power.
    And your failsafe wont work also.

Just to think about

Engine will stop which is the main thing.....and after the small fire my LOSI suffered at Bashfest this year think their is a need.So big shout out to Fish2 who has made me a beautiful custom loom for the Losi including direct power to servos a capacitor to iron out spikes in power upgraded silicon wrapped wire and batt fuse Cheers you a Legend George!
    Last edited by richy rooney; 08-09-2016 at 19:12.