Thread: Zenoha challenge cup 2016

Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar

Default Zenoha challenge cup 2016

Well after a good run last year I've decided to have have another crack at the challenge cup Comming up. I'll post a link if any people are up for it but there arnt many spaces left.

http://www.lsorchallengecup.org/2016-booking-in/
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

We will be there.
    "My biggest fear is when I die the wife will sell all my Losi race stuff for the price I told her I had paid for them"

Whats the rules for engines and engine mods?

It's relaxed rules on the engine specs. Just noise is the only factor really and exposed pipes.

good luck matty boy do bristol proud son

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Balls. I will have to buy another engine.

Or stamp the cylinder head 30.5 and risk it. Don't think I'd fool anyone though as the fins are much bigger and you'd only need an onze of a noggin to notice it

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Balls. I will have to buy another engine.

Or stamp the cylinder head 30.5 and risk it. Don't think I'd fool anyone though as the fins are much bigger and you'd only need an onze of a noggin to notice it
    32's will be ok to run. As mentioned before it's a really relaxed event but noise is simple to combat with a stock can and then just have fun.
    Last edited by matt_andhisbaja; 16-01-2016 at 18:21.

I would contact the event to check if you can run a 32 either by the website or Facebook as I think the 30cc max engine rule applies as it's for the event insurance cover, as does the rules regarding a full body on a losi not just an open cage with small panels as this is meant to be a sort of a this is how we go racing event

Cheers guys. I got a 27.2 I could drop in there no problems so it doesn't matter if you can't run a 32 but if you could check that would be helpful.

My cars not that loud to be fair, its got a CPI exhaust with 'after burner mod' so we should be alright there

http://www.lsorchallengecup.org/rules/

Rules

Welcome to the UKs fourth in door large scale off road event to be held at the Norton Heath Equestrian Centre which welcomes LSOR owners of all abilities to this 3 day fun race event.

Once again this fun event will be kindly supported by Zenoah for the second year and sees Rock oil also coming onboard alongside the UKs regular largescale race supporters of RossMods & Freeprawn , Their are four classes of racing over weekend with not only the top drivers having a chance of silverware but also those lower down the running ordered too, the four classes being raced are for 2 Wheel Drive Buggies (26cc Max), 4 Wheel Drive Buggies (30cc Max), the LOSI Short Course (30cc max), and a dedicated class for the HPI Baja (30cc Max).

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Cheers guys. I got a 27.2 I could drop in there no problems so it doesn't matter if you can't run a 32 but if you could check that would be helpful.

My cars not that loud to be fair, its got a CPI exhaust with 'after burner mod' so we should be alright there
    As long as it's not an unsilenced pipe you should be fine, got to remember your inside and it does echo in the building especially when there is 10-11 cars going round on full chat, when your racing you don't notice it that much but if you go to sit and watch ear plugs are a worthy investment especially when watching or marshalling the 30 min final, and marshalling is not optional as otherwise it slows down the day when you have to wait for some one to be found.

For anyone who hasn't been before there will be a practice option on the Friday, with there being so many it might be done by putting people in groups and then them running for 8mins ect so everyone can get a go, Saturday will start with the qualifiers where will probibly be 5-8min heats in possibly different groups from the day before with some seeding put in place like we do in the nationals, through out the day you will be able to see where you sit in the leader table and there will most Likly be live online timing as well (has been the last 2 years when I've been there)

Sunday will be final day where everybody will be in a final and depending on the system they use either the top 3 or 5 finishers of that race which is the first across the line from a standing start will be bumped up into the next final until only the top ten are left to race in the 30min final, these finals are made up by your position in the overall leader table so the higher up you get the less you new to do on Sunday, it has been known of people who have had really poor qualifying and gone through and made it in the main final and nearly won overall so don't count anyone out as the track does get rough over the day

Well nearly ready for this one..Baja Ben has been hard at work getting the Baja ready and I've 90% completely the losi rebuild. Hopefully we should be getting there about 6ish on Thursday night. See you guys there

Good luck matty if bens done his magic you should be golden bro

Believe what you will
    That is your right
    But I choose to win
    So I choose to fight..

Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    Well nearly ready for this one..Baja Ben has been hard at work getting the Baja ready and I've 90% completely the losi rebuild. Hopefully we should be getting there about 6ish on Thursday night. See you guys there
    good luck dude
    a bit gutted i cant make this all the crew are racing aswell

Quote Originally Posted by boosterxb View Post
    good luck dude
    a bit gutted i cant make this all the crew are racing aswell
    Yeh it's a good turn out from the indoor/ Minch crew tbh boost. I'm sure you'll have a go next year bud.