Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Bank Holiday Bash Fest 8

  1. #21

    Default

    Chemical toilet is fine by me.

    I need to go tent shopping now!

  2. #22
    Member richy rooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Down the road from Cookie
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Camping own tent, toilets good food breakfast lunch dinner tea coffee. bring own drink plenty of spares good company camp fires drinking and more drinking bit of racing bashing and CRASHING IF RICH ROONEY IS ON TRACK bloody good weekend
    Your just jealous of the superior alternative lines i take round the course..............and i blame the weapons grade Pimms that Silverback was infecting people with!

  3. #23
    Formerly Silverback RC flake99please's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack View Post
    Hi Have got one and even though I have put just 1 tank of fuel through it you can tell it has some proper grunt low down, mine is on a V2 Dom pipe. I am about to order the 340 pro mx from MMR and that is over 8bhp which is about 3bhp more than stock (I am hoping to use this in my Kraken conversion until the Vekta 5 arrives)

    Back on thread: What do people do about staying at Bash fest? I assume there is camping? Are there toilets etc...I am hoping for a 5 star lounge with showers and sleeping pods but I expect it will be a little more basic?
    We make use of the truck stop toilets and shower. They're a bit basic, but better than the chemical toilets we used to hire. You can bring your own food, but we do provide meals throughout the day at a very reasonable price.

    Bring a tent, decent sleeping bag, R/C cars, and alcoholic beverages of your choice.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback RC Products View Post
    We make use of the truck stop toilets and shower. They're a bit basic, but better than the chemical toilets we used to hire. You can bring your own food, but we do provide meals throughout the day at a very reasonable price.

    Bring a tent, decent sleeping bag, R/C cars, and alcoholic beverages of your choice.
    Cool, I can't wait. It is in the diary and hoping for sunny weather

  5. #25
    Member FUBAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    306

    Default Excellent!

    I'll definitely be there again this year!, can't wait.

  6. #26
    Baja-Forum Maniac Cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Aldershot
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    I'll definitely be there again this year!, can't wait.
    Be good to catch up bud

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    No JD bottles in the fire this year though !!

    And deff watch out for Ritchie.... oh and my boy has he has a habbit of taking out stewards too...

    Just bought a 2nd hand Losi DBXL so will bring that along too.

    Steve & Charlie

  8. #28
    Member richy rooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Down the road from Cookie
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunns View Post
    No JD bottles in the fire this year though !!

    And deff watch out for Ritchie.... oh and my boy has he has a habbit of taking out stewards too...

    Just bought a 2nd hand Losi DBXL so will bring that along too.

    Steve & Charlie
    Its a Bloody witch hunt I tell ya!

  9. #29
    Baja-Forum Maniac biscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    On a different note… Apologies for the rant. i wasn't sure about posting this but I have any ways.

    I haven't PMed any of the organisers yet and thought I'd post this here first as its been bugging me since it happened.

    Awhile back we had all the racers there doing their thing. A lot of them had camper vans with generators and were decent people. We always turn up early and get our spot. For us its not walking too far and being able to put ourselves in a spot to make it easier for us throughout the week.

    I had a problem with a couple of the racers who I thought were very ignorant and stupid. Most of us in our group had pitched up in tents and were sleeping on the ground. On that year we had a few campers who turned up late and thought it clever to park up next to us and then run generators 24 hrs a day.

    I didn't give a cr.p about the noise, but the poisonous carbon monoxide fumes building up in the tents I did. I had to ask one of them to move his generator away from the tents 3 times before I made him move it, explaining to him all the time how dangerous and careless his actions were and the reasons why he had to move his generator.

    Due to a severe back injury that I had at the time and severe pain I couldn't sleep well. I woke up early in the morning only to find my tent full of exhaust fumes as the stupid twat had decided to move it back early in the morning. I went round and woke everyone up in the tents who were sleeping on the ground to make sure they were alright and then moved the generator.

    In the morning the guy tried to move his generator back again, where i started to loose it a little and came very close to smacking him and picking up his generator and throwing it though his cab window. I cannot abide by people like this and I won't again. I really don't want this to happen again and there needs to be rules for people who turn up and site generators next to tents as this is a serious health and safety issue. Now that it is getting a lot bigger, tented areas and camper areas with people who want to run generators whilst people are sleeping in tents MUST be separate. I have had to resuscitate 4 people in my life who have had carbon monoxide poisoning and they all died. So I take this extremely seriously as I know exactly how easily it can be done and exactly how easy it happens.

    Its an accident waiting to happen and people running generators must be made aware as you cannot reply on someone doing the right thing and using their commons sense, as that year it did not happen for me. I would rather this was sorted out now for the future as it will be something that will happen at some point.

    I would like to make everyone aware of this and everyone, not just the organisers, to look out for one another and others around them to make sure this doesn't happen. God for bid it happens to someones kid. It only takes that one person to make it happen and with the right conditions once it happens there is no going back.

    Apologies for the doom and gloom. I hope you will all help and look after people around you and to make this happen and support the organisers in making the environment safer.

  10. #30
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    U could buy a camper......but in all seriousness it's a silent killer and should be policed a lot better. That's why most camp sites the generators are banned. There was also no fire extinguishers anywhere I could see and with all the flammable Liquid onsite.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  11. #31

    Default

    Good post, I am going to take a carbon monoxide alarm and a fire ext now. Good tip.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I guess anyone turning up late near tents could be directed that all generators have to be positioned to furthest point of anyones tent - i.e on other side of their vehicle - even if that means they have to endure the noise of their own generator - or directed not to have generators near tents at all, or at the very least if that is not possible due to numbers and space, then if a generator is set up near tents, then a rule in place, that they can not be started until a certain time or until all tent occupants are up and about....

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Having turned up especially early last May to set up in a good spot for the shop with the front open for folk to see, I was amazed to see that late comers were were squeezing their vehicles through the narrow lanes left open in case any of us needed to go to the shops etc.... There was not a whole heap fo common sense going on - but they thank fully moved when it was pointed out that they had completely blocked all of us in.....

  14. #34
    Baja-Forum Maniac biscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbots R/C View Post
    I guess anyone turning up late near tents could be directed that all generators have to be positioned to furthest point of anyones tent - i.e on other side of their vehicle - even if that means they have to endure the noise of their own generator - or directed not to have generators near tents at all, or at the very least if that is not possible due to numbers and space, then if a generator is set up near tents, then a rule in place, that they can not be started until a certain time or until all tent occupants are up and about....
    Thats exactly what happened Jason. They turned up late and thought that they would just squeeze themselves next to us as we had a nice spot. I didn't mind that but then when they forced the generator issue on me and continued to do it after I had spoken to them a number of times I thought was entirely rude.

    If it happens again I'll just twat the bloke as I would have all right to do it in my books. Anyone who puts peoples lives at risk through pure ignorance and arrogance needs to understand. I would rather not have to go down that route though, as they deserve to have just as much fun as us and they have just as much right to be there as everyone else. But I won't hesitate next time as I give a crap for other people, which I think is the right thing to do. I think if we are all together on this one then there will never be a problem with it.

    Its a very serious matter, as carbon monoxide fumes can get blown through the grass and will pool in people tents. It only takes a little bit of time, thats all that is needed and the fumes can easily travel over 50metres or more through the grass and can still kill someone as the grass channels fumes and keeps it close together instead of it being dissipated in to the air. it wouldn't be a problem if the fumes weren't heavier than air but they are and thats why it is so dangerous and it happens.

    I think if we are all aware of it and take care of each other on this one, by leading by example then any new comers will have no option but to follow everyone else's example, or they move site as far as I am concerned.

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bracknell
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Thats exactly what happened Jason. They turned up late and thought that they would just squeeze themselves next to us as we had a nice spot. I didn't mind that but then when they forced the generator issue on me and continued to do it after I had spoken to them a number of times I thought was entirely rude.

    If it happens again I'll just twat the bloke as I would have all right to do it in my books. Anyone who puts peoples lives at risk through pure ignorance and arrogance needs to understand. I would rather not have to go down that route though, as they deserve to have just as much fun as us and they have just as much right to be there as everyone else. But I won't hesitate next time as I give a crap for other people, which I think is the right thing to do. I think if we are all together on this one then there will never be a problem with it.

    Its a very serious matter, as carbon monoxide fumes can get blown through the grass and will pool in people tents. It only takes a little bit of time, thats all that is needed and the fumes can easily travel over 50metres or more through the grass and can still kill someone as the grass channels fumes and keeps it close together instead of it being dissipated in to the air. it wouldn't be a problem if the fumes weren't heavier than air but they are and thats why it is so dangerous and it happens.

    I think if we are all aware of it and take care of each other on this one, by leading by example then any new comers will have no option but to follow everyone else's example, or they move site as far as I am concerned.

    Well you have educated me on the 'pooling' of these fumes in grass Andy, as I didn't know that and will guess that there are more than likely 'more of us' unaware of it, than 'aware of it'. If the gas can travel 50 metres though, then that really means no one in a tent is technically safe, as we can't be 50 metres away from each other. So the only solution can surely be that no generators get started until 8 or something maybe. Not sure about the evening if folk have their children.... People need lighting and electrics into the dark of night, so are children at risk if dad and mum put them to bed early? What's the happy sensible line on this as a guidance? Worth bearing in mind it is fairly windy up there which should help dissipate gases or thin them out.

  16. #36
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,874

    Default

    no one has died yet and I don't mean that to sound trivial ... generators are needed and if the fumes can travel that far then there is no real fix for this because like Jason said people need to run them at night .... if your so concerned Andy why not bring a Carbon Monoxide alarm and test a few tents to see how bad it is then you can bring it up at a meeting .... at least you will have some evidence and people might listen to you .... if it is happening then it needs dealt with but its a hard one to sort out ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  17. #37
    Member PsychoClown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Having had a lot of caravan's / tents etc and always using a generator - it can be a real pain when people aren't sensible with them and either put them inside an awning (yes i've seen it done!), or as you found directing the exhaust at someone else's tent.

    When i run the genny, it's always road side of teh tents, attached to a car / trailer and exhast is always away from anyone - don't ever want to run the risk of killing myself / anyone else - as it's been said it's part common sense, part reasonable rules and part leading by example.
    Lost 5ive-T Petrol (OBR G340 Full Mod, 30 Degrees North Body Shell)
    "FrankBaja" (IRC Front & rear Chassis, Kick up Plate, OBR 32 Full Mod, Team chase cage)
    HPI Savage XL Nitro (Very much modified!)

  18. #38
    Baja-Forum Maniac biscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Its just common sense thats all. Nothing complicated.

    But people using generators just need to realise that if they are asked to move their generator because of the fumes then then they need to do so. Its that simple.

    If people are asked to move their generator due to the siting then they just need to move it. As long as people are aware of this and comply with it there won't be a problem. Its the twats that don't do it when asked that cause the problems. Its those dick heads that will hurt someone.

  19. #39
    Member PsychoClown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    174

    Default

    yup no arguments there!!
    Lost 5ive-T Petrol (OBR G340 Full Mod, 30 Degrees North Body Shell)
    "FrankBaja" (IRC Front & rear Chassis, Kick up Plate, OBR 32 Full Mod, Team chase cage)
    HPI Savage XL Nitro (Very much modified!)

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I think its best that people with gennys who want to run them all night stay /stop in a different area to people with tents, or that they have to turn them off by a certain time, most campers and caravans have leisure batterys so no need for them after dark....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •