Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: G320 vented clutch carrier question

  1. #1
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default G320 vented clutch carrier question

    Hello Clayton, figured I needed to try one of your parts out! My question to you is does your vented clutch carrier for the g320 motor fit the turtle racing bell housing?

  2. #2
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    Hello Clayton, figured I needed to try one of your parts out! My question to you is does your vented clutch carrier for the g320 motor fit the turtle racing bell housing?
    I think that's what SI is running .. so yes ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  3. #3
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    I think that's what SI is running .. so yes ....
    Thanks Bass, can anyone else finalise this before I take the plunge and get one?

  4. #4
    Baja-Forum Maniac coalminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield ,Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    I think that's what SI is running .. so yes ....
    No chaps , I am running a full Turtle system on the 320. Turtle clutch housing and Turtle V2 enclosed clutch System.

    Give Clayton a message Fux. I cant see a problem, but ask him to confirm it
    Last edited by coalminer; 11-02-2016 at 23:00.

  5. #5
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    No chaps , I am running a full Turtle system on the 320. Turtle clutch housing and Turtle V2 enclosed clutch System.
    what have you on the 320 with the fancy housing then ?

    edit .. I see what you mean ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  6. #6
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    I think fux is confused ... its a TR set up not claytons ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  7. #7
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Right I have the TR clutch system, I wanted to know if I can run Claytons virtigo vented clutch holder.. Il get some pictures to clear it up (:

  8. #8
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I have this..



    And wondered if I could use this..



    Or would I be best of just sticking to TR?

  9. #9
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    I have this..



    And wondered if I could use this..



    Or would I be best of just sticking to TR?
    oh right ... don't know mate but I don't see why it wouldn't fit .... after my fall out with turd,le dave I hope it does fit so as you don't have to buy the tr set up and give that cnut any of your hard earned money ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  10. #10
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    oh right ... don't know mate but I don't see why it wouldn't fit .... after my fall out with turd,le dave I hope it does fit so as you don't have to buy the tr set up and give that cnut any of your hard earned money ....
    i get the impression you're Dave's very good friend aha.. Luckily I was out of the whole Baja thing for a while and totally skipped the whole TR issues.. I don't really know what happened I just know a lot of people are swaying away now a days

  11. #11
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    i get the impression you're Dave's very good friend aha.. Luckily I was out of the whole Baja thing for a while and totally skipped the whole TR issues.. I don't really know what happened I just know a lot of people are swaying away now a days
    I will say no more on the matter .... get whatever one you want if they both fit mate cause they are both a good job ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  12. #12
    Baja-Forum Maniac coalminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mansfield ,Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Hahahaha ..... Gary , im sat in the pub reading this .....Turd le Dave hehe ....I have just spat half me pint out laughing. I cant keep a straight face or take anything serious now. Ive just wet me sen.

    Sorry Fux mate. Yes you have the same clutch system as me , but I run it with Dave le Turds housing and you want to use Claytons. Like Gary says I cant see it being a problem but I think you had better ask Clayton before commiting to buy mate.

    Bass you owe me a pint ya cnut

  13. #13
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coalminer View Post
    Hahahaha ..... Gary , im sat in the pub reading this .....Turd le Dave hehe ....I have just spat half me pint out laughing. I cant keep a straight face or take anything serious now. Ive just wet me sen.

    Sorry Fux mate. Yes you have the same clutch system as me , but I run it with Dave le Turds housing and you want to use Claytons. Like Gary says I cant see it being a problem but I think you had better ask Clayton before commiting to buy mate.

    Bass you owe me a pint ya cnut
    lol SI your a lucky man being in the pub .... have one for me mate and don't get too cabbaged ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  14. #14
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default

    No signs of Clayton on here, so I might just have to go ahead and grab a TR one as I know that fits.. Only thing that's put me off is the standard zen ones don't fit too great when combined with the TR system.. I'd hate to have to slice up and new part to make it fit

  15. #15
    Baja-Forum Maniac BASS 666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BELFAST ( So i am )
    Posts
    2,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    No signs of Clayton on here, so I might just have to go ahead and grab a TR one as I know that fits.. Only thing that's put me off is the standard zen ones don't fit too great when combined with the TR system.. I'd hate to have to slice up and new part to make it fit
    I have the tr system on mine without any fancy casings and it spot on .... don't see why you should spend money on something you don't need mate ....
    TR.D.I.A.F.W .... SUPPORT LOCAL VENDORS ....

  16. #16
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Hi Fuxkary,

    Our housings are spec'd using the stock units, any carrier will be compatible.

    Cheers,
    Clayton Briscoe
    Vertigo Performance Products
    URL: www.vertigoperformance.com
    Contact info: info@vertigoperformance.com

    <img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Vertigoperformance/Sig-1.gif border=0 alt= />

    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

  17. #17
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuxkary View Post
    No signs of Clayton on here, so I might just have to go ahead and grab a TR one as I know that fits.. Only thing that's put me off is the standard zen ones don't fit too great when combined with the TR system.. I'd hate to have to slice up and new part to make it fit
    Fuxkary, In order to get an answer in a timely manner it's better to email us, forums are great but they aren't the preferred or efficient method to deal with customer service questions..

    The image is also a link to the housing.



    Cheers,
    Last edited by Vertigo Performance; 12-02-2016 at 04:11.
    Clayton Briscoe
    Vertigo Performance Products
    URL: www.vertigoperformance.com
    Contact info: info@vertigoperformance.com

    <img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Vertigoperformance/Sig-1.gif border=0 alt= />

    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

  18. #18
    Member Fuxkary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Burton Latimer
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Cheers everyone, and thank you Clayton, I ended up getting a TR one just to make sure everything fits currently, but watch this space as I think I'm gonna order one of your full clutch systems in the next month or so so I can post a comparison review

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Gillingham, Kent
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Sorry I know this is oldish but I have G320 now just wanted to know if the actual clutch 54mm fits the housing as I have a lbacher 4shoe clutch and wanted to swap out the standard one for it.
    "It's not what you drive it's how you drive!"

  20. #20
    Advertiser
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Everything fits, our products are designed to fit all stock applications.
    Unless someone has made their parts drastically different there should never be compatibility issues.
    Clayton Briscoe
    Vertigo Performance Products
    URL: www.vertigoperformance.com
    Contact info: info@vertigoperformance.com

    <img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Vertigoperformance/Sig-1.gif border=0 alt= />

    Vertigo Easy Access Clutch Unit, The absolute quickest way to access the HPI Baja clutch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •