Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: 😎MMR festival 2016 😎

  1. #21
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Clockwise for me technical tracks to much for me at my age hope to get down early Sunday if ok cheers
    Sunday's cool cook's. We've had the Sussex bashes confirm that a few of that lot of rabble is cumming up as well. The forest bashers are all booked in also. The track ain't that technical tbh you will have more fun round it with a Losi granted but seriously cookie check it out when u get there. A lot of bashers really enjoy the relaxed organised racing being held there throughout the summer.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  2. #22

    Default Raffle

    Did someone mention a raffle

  3. #23
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Did someone mention a raffle
    Lol like a meerkat wally
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  4. #24
    Baja-Forum Maniac Kinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Forest Of Dean, UK
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Shaggers, I'm selling my Losi
    Quite a lot is already sold but I'll have loads of spares for sale at the festival.
    Servo's, wheels & tyres ect ect.
    I'll set up a selling table 😕

    See yah there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinger View Post
    Shaggers, I'm selling my Losi
    Quite a lot is already sold but I'll have loads of spares for sale at the festival.
    Servo's, wheels & tyres ect ect.
    I'll set up a selling table 

    See yah there


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    making room for winning the raffle prizes are ya

    sad to see the Losi go but at least I still get to chase the Baja

  6. #26
    Baja-Forum Maniac Kinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Forest Of Dean, UK
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Haha, I don't fancy me chances


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Baja-Forum Maniac biscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    What is the best way to run the oval....do you boys like it clockwise or anti-clockwise. We can make it either way but what is the preferable way ?
    Don't think it will make much difference. We will probably go the other way at some point, we normally do. Just don't want to have the second corner facing where people are walking incase the cars roll and then cartwheel in to people.

    You want to have it controlled if you can, either self policed with drivers briefings, or have an onsite marshall to tell people what to do so no silly twats get run over again. Kill switch checks on all cars before going on the tracks every time they go on. Some day glow tops for marshals.

    That should help limit anyone getting hurt and possibly causing you a headache at a later date. I'm up for helping out for a couple of hours if you need it. I am sure everyone else will be as well.

  8. #28
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Don't think it will make much difference. We will probably go the other way at some point, we normally do. Just don't want to have the second corner facing where people are walking incase the cars roll and then cartwheel in to people.

    You want to have it controlled if you can, either self policed with drivers briefings, or have an onsite marshall to tell people what to do so no silly twats get run over again. Kill switch checks on all cars before going on the tracks every time they go on. Some day glow tops for marshals.

    That should help limit anyone getting hurt and possibly causing you a headache at a later date. I'm up for helping out for a couple of hours if you need it. I am sure everyone else will be as well.
    Sounds good. It will be self policed with high vis up on track entry. Kill switches aren't compulsory but are advised. Dangerous driving will not be encouraged at any time. We will hold driver briefings at he start of every days running.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  9. #29
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Big news

    There will be some big news on the membership structure at the mmrraceway and be anounced at the festival. And we're also playing with the idea of a 2 hour team race on the Sunday.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  10. #30
    Baja-Forum Maniac biscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Team race. It would have to be a team race. My car never run for 2 hours. Its normally smashed up by the first corner

    I'm in. That sounds good

  11. #31
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Team race. It would have to be a team race. My car never run for 2 hours. Its normally smashed up by the first corner

    I'm in. That sounds good
    Yeh it's a real task to do a single lap. But I think as long as we keep it fun it might be trying out. I like the idea of driving other people's rigs lol
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  12. #32
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt_andhisbaja View Post
    Yeh it's a real task to do a single lap. But I think as long as we keep it fun it might be trying out. I like the idea of driving other people's rigs lol
    Got my q32 ready for ya mate

  13. #33
    Baja-Forum Maniac biscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Yes we'd have to keep it fun. I'm sure the carnage crew will be in

  14. #34
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosterxb View Post
    Got my q32 ready for ya mate
    That's the pace car
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  15. #35
    Member FUBAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    306

    Default

    How late could I buy tickets for this? the reason I ask is because the Baja is currently in pieces pending its new G320, my order of bits needed from DDM *should* arrive tomorrow and I have a very busy weekend wit work and other commitments, after all that I need to get everything rebuilt, mod by PCSC for the new 55T gearing, fit improvised rollcage etc and run the new engine in... I'm probably not going to know if I could come down on the Saturday / sunday until midweek...

  16. #36
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    How late could I buy tickets for this? the reason I ask is because the Baja is currently in pieces pending its new G320, my order of bits needed from DDM *should* arrive tomorrow and I have a very busy weekend wit work and other commitments, after all that I need to get everything rebuilt, mod by PCSC for the new 55T gearing, fit improvised rollcage etc and run the new engine in... I'm probably not going to know if I could come down on the Saturday / sunday until midweek...
    Yeh that's fine you can pay cash upon arrival...whenever that might be .
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    461

    Default

    really wanna come but aint got no camping stuff..........thk we got sleeping bags....that's about it.....
    My rc's -Scott fin g32 pro-mx Baja--2200kv super mt4g3--2000kv savage flux alza xl--5.2cc irc savage--1850kv hyper7--- lwb carson touring car,----kv lwb Carson touring car--ta-03f 1996 mcray Scooby--Vintage 1987 Tamiya striker--vintage 1983 Tamiya frog--vintage 1985 tamiya fox-Gizmo 30.5 fm losi5--

  18. #38
    Baja-Forum Maniac boosterxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stonehouse, gloucestershire
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evssv View Post
    really wanna come but aint got no camping stuff..........thk we got sleeping bags....that's about it.....
    some sleep in there cars mate
    borrow or get a cheap tent , if you already got sleeping bags thats all you need ( apart from a few drinks )
    cafe and kebab van for food
    hopefully see ya there fella

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boosterxb View Post
    some sleep in there cars mate
    borrow or get a cheap tent , if you already got sleeping bags thats all you need ( apart from a few drinks )
    cafe and kebab van for food
    hopefully see ya there fella
    i got a tent i can use now ......so thats a tent and me boys sleeping bag sorted. ...I'll sleep any were once I get enuff cider n me. ......so do i need 2 tickets
    Or r kids free? ?
    My rc's -Scott fin g32 pro-mx Baja--2200kv super mt4g3--2000kv savage flux alza xl--5.2cc irc savage--1850kv hyper7--- lwb carson touring car,----kv lwb Carson touring car--ta-03f 1996 mcray Scooby--Vintage 1987 Tamiya striker--vintage 1983 Tamiya frog--vintage 1985 tamiya fox-Gizmo 30.5 fm losi5--

  20. #40
    Baja-Forum Maniac matt_andhisbaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    bristol.uk
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evssv View Post
    i got a tent i can use now ......so thats a tent and me boys sleeping bag sorted. ...I'll sleep any were once I get enuff cider n me. ......so do i need 2 tickets
    Or r kids free? ?
    If he's running a car he also needs to pay. Spectators are free.
    THE ONLY WAY IS SIDEWAY'S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •