Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kraken x3 chassis

Default Kraken x3 chassis

Went side ways into a wooden post and bent chassis along with a few other broken parts.

Wanted to know as interested in the kracken x3 chassis I if there are any others I should consider.

I'd go carbon but really can't warrent the money although vary very tempted.

Are the kracken chassis worth it?

I'm still running the Previous version for a long time and I can't fault it, when it does give up I will go for the x3
    Gimme fuel, Gimme fire, Gimme that which I desire

I'd say deffo give the X3 ago it tuck me a few months to brake a stock chassis, then 12 months to brake the X2 Kraken replaced with the X3 and that's now been on 27 months it does go softer or flex more over time.
    CNC milled carbon fibre/Aluminium baja/losi parts stock, modified and custom.

OK cool.

Plus if ya break it they will replace it no questions asked.

Baja-Forum Maniac Oh How Original's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calibra306 View Post
    OK cool.

Plus if ya break it they will replace it no questions asked.
    Don't assume Kraken warranty is all they make it out to be.
    Jon on MSUK had some issues with his, when I say issues, I mean it actually bent while it was on the stand in storage during his house move, they were sent a video of it deformed, it wasn't kept near anything hot, it just started to bend over time and Kraken offered him a 20% discount on a new chassis.
    I'd hardly call that replacement with no questions asked lol.
    I don't know if he's on here or not, but he's called Noj on MSUK.

Formerly Silverback RC flake99please's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baja5b-SS View Post
    it does go softer or flex more over time.
    if you have the means of heating water and keeping it at a constant 80 degrees for an hour, I would strongly suggest putting the chassis in the water for that given time. The process is called secondary annealing and will increase the rigidity without compromising any strength.

It is hard making a decision when there are different conclusions.

Good that people know there stuff and can offer advice also thank you.

If a statement is made that they offer a replacement no questions asked and it is not abided by then I would take action. I'm very on the button when it comes to consumer law and have had no issues in the past when it's come to any warrantee.

Quote Originally Posted by flake99please View Post
    if you have the means of heating water and keeping it at a constant 80 degrees for an hour, I would strongly suggest putting the chassis in the water for that given time. The process is called secondary annealing and will increase the rigidity without compromising any strength.
    Cheers for that top tip Neil if it's ever off the baja then I will try and remember that tip

It is hard making a decision when there are different conclusions.

Good that people know there stuff and can offer advice also thank you.

If a statement is made that they offer a replacement no questions asked and it is not abided by then I would take action. I'm very on the button when it comes to consumer law and have had no issues in the past when it's come to any warrantee.
    Kraken replaced mine just a few pics was all that was needed just cost me 15$ for post and came within 5 days. I was I little worried TBH because I'd drilled a few holes in the chassis but this had no affect at all.

Kraken told me they will replace upto 2 times but even if they didn't replace I've found it to be very good and I would buy another no questions asked, not had no bending issue with mine but when parked up the baja sits on the chassis with the wheels off the floor because I've seen A arm bend with the weight of the baja just been sat on the floor.

I've got carbon and I have a Kraken 3.

I'd like to say go carbon, but a few people have had problems with their carbon chassis. Mine is still going strong though. I also have 2 carbon front top plates on my car which is 8mm thick and its really strong but still flexes slightly. I have the Kraken 3 which I was going to swap out, but first thing is my car is a shorty and the kraken would need modding. Secondly its not as strong the carbon, well I don't think it is. You can flex the bracken with your fingers. Can't do that with the carbon. And the kraken is really heavy compared to the carbon.

All that said, I'd probably go for the kraken over carbon for bashing, unless you are prepared to look after your carbon chassis. Thats my advice on something that will probably cause you less trouble. But if you don't care about any of that and have the spondoolies I'd have carbon and stick two carbon top plates on the front of it like I did and an Uber front bumper chassis brace…

Probably not any help, any of that at all was it

I don't think Jon could be bothered going down the 'legal' route, in terms of getting his replacement.
    I was just posting it because it happened to him... His was also on a stand off the ground.
    In fact, the thread might still be on MSUK that he made, showing the state of it.
    Now bare in mind, his is also brushless, so it doesn't have nearly as much weight on the chassis, especially when it's being stored because it has no batteries in either.
    I'd go Innovative if it was me... Much cheaper, great service from Rob and supporting a UK company
    Just my 2p.

All posts are helpful no matter what the comments.

Was looking at innovative but don't they have the floors drilled out to make lighter which I don't really want. Guess they do a normal one need to have a look in a min as need to order one.

Thinking of getting a szc engine aswell but not the 320 the 2 whatever it is.

I would stay clear from kraken. a lot of people are having hard time with them through warrenty claims. go IRC or Uber cf chassis. From what I know and been told they are no longer on HBF but not 100% sure. I am having issues with their arms. any ways I just want to let you guys know whats going on with kraken don't want to see fellow hobbiest get frustrated or scammed.

Think I'm gonna go ally. I'd like carbon but worried if I side swipe it again it's just gonna split and then £200 + down the pan.

Default Kraken x3 chassis

Was looking at innovative but don't they have the floors drilled out to make lighter which I don't really want. Guess they do a normal one need to have a look in a min as need to order one.

Scz290 Arron421 runs 1 on here and it's a screamer

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty napalm View Post
    yeah that's what I'm gonna get soon. With the pagani zonda style dom pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty napalm View Post

Me to and it screams even more

No they don't, you're thinking of Scorpion, they do a lightweight chassis which is really drilled out.
    These are what Innovative ones look like.

http://www.innovative-rc.com/innovat...ack-p-445.html

They also come in blue, red and silver.

Think I'm gonna go ally. I'd like carbon but worried if I side swipe it again it's just gonna split and then £200 + down the pan.
    Yes. But it does look nice..

This is the car with carbon main chassis and carbon bodywork. My main chassis is 5 years old now so it will last if you look after it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do high speed drifting and bash on skate park ramps so it would take a beating.

I do look after it though and spent silly money on upgrading everything.

Bit annoyed as from the side swipe which I will say had carbon external side skirts which has nothing but a sticker on then rubbed off a bit but no damage to the carbon part but the metal chassis is proper bent in and the hit has took out the crankcase mount and broke the cover mount part also.

Looks like I'm gonna have to run without the mount which seems solid enough without it.

Can't be arsed replacing the crank case and cover etc as was thinking of getting the scz engine for it anyway.

Have you decided on a chassis?